Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dez Bryant out at OK State.

Am I missing something here? The guy jogged (may have worked out) with and ate lunch with a multiple time pro bowl corner and he is ruled ineligible? Why? What is so bad about working out and having lunch with an NFL legend?

I forget who it was, but a coach said one of his recruits had his flight cancelled and had to wait at the airport for a couple of hours. The coach got in a lot of trouble for buying him a milkshake.

Am I missing something here? The guy jogged (may have worked out) with and ate lunch with a multiple time pro bowl corner and he is ruled ineligible? Why? What is so bad about working out and having lunch with an NFL legend?

I'd say the only piece your missing is:

Bryant, an All-American who is ranked ninth overall on Mel Kiper Jr.'s most recent Big Board, was ruled ineligible by the school after lying to the NCAA when he was asked if he had visited Deion Sanders' home and had worked out with him.

Maybe he just lied for no reason, though.

The NCAA and its "bylaws" are a crock of ****. So you can't even visit a FORMER NFL player at his home, jog with him, and grab a $5 footlong without breaking rules? WTF'k!?! The NCAA is corrupt IMO. They are the biggest hipocrites in sports. They make billions of dollars off of these athletes, but these guys can't even get a job to put some money in their pocket. And when they do take money in any shape or form, the NCAA steps in and takes their college careers from them at a whim. It's deplorable how they operate.

The NCAA and its "bylaws" are a crock of ****. So you can't even visit a FORMER NFL player at his home, jog with him, and grab a $5 footlong without breaking rules? WTF'k!?! The NCAA is corrupt IMO. They are the biggest hipocrites in sports. They make billions of dollars off of these athletes, but these guys can't even get a job to put some money in their pocket. And when they do take money in any shape or form, the NCAA steps in and takes their college careers from them at a whim. It's deplorable how they operate.

He lied. The NCAA has "bylaws" that if you lie to them they assume you are covering something up that is a violation of NCAA rules. He should have told them the truth, unless the truth was an even bigger violation.

Pretty much agree with everything you said.

He lied. The NCAA has "bylaws" that if you lie to them they assume you are covering something up that is a violation of NCAA rules. He should have told them the truth, unless the truth was an even bigger violation.

So he lied. Suspend him for a game or two. Don't take the kid's college football career from him over something so small. Everyone knows that this was Dez Bryant's last season at OK State anyway, so why take what's left of the guy's college football career from him? It's just not reasonable to me. What, is the guy guilty until proven innocent (or what seems like guilty)?

So he lied. Suspend him for a game or two. Don't take the kid's college football career from him over something so small. Everyone knows that this was Dez Bryant's last season at OK State anyway, so why take what's left of the guy's college football career from him? It's just not reasonable to me. What, is the guy guilty until proven innocent (or what seems like guilty)?

I was just pointing out to you why he was suspended. Not that I agree with the decision.

I'm still waiting for them to address the Reggie Bush situation. I guess they are too busy pretending to be high and mighty by punishing some poor kid who might have made a mistake.

Agree with everything you said JBZ. The NCAA is deplorable as they come. hypocritical as it gets and greedy as a group of pigs.

THis is really pathetic. Unless there is some info out there that hasn't been released about Bryant doing some other things with Deion that isn't being mentioned yet, this really makes no sense.

THis is really pathetic. Unless there is some info out there that hasn't been released about Bryant doing some other things with Deion that isn't being mentioned yet, this really makes no sense.

I think that this is the case in bold. Deion Sanders is acting as a shill for Eugene Parker. Probably getting some kind of kickback.

Here's the bottom line.....If you're a college receiver, stay the F away from Deion Sanders at all costs. If you see Deion on a college campus, call the campus police because he's about to steal your best player.

Great guy as an NFL player, shady guy as an "advisor." He could care less if Bryant plays another down at college. He's already a pro commodity.

I don't know how the NFL Network hasn't fired this guy for a conflict of interest.

As a football fan, I think this stinks to high heaven. As a Longhorn fan, I'm glad this happened. That Halloween game in Stillwater had UPSET written all over it.

Smells to me like Deion is acting as a "runner" for Parker based on his curious presence in the Crabtree contract debacle. I have no doubt the NCAA is sincere in believing that the contacts with (Long Past His) Prime Time are anything but innocent.

That said, if Dez White went to a prestige school like, say, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Texas or Penn State, he'd probably get a one week vacation for his transgressions, with that week carefully chosen so that the game he misses is the matchup against Little Sisters of the Poor Tech.

For his part, Deion should avoid Oklahoma for awhile. States have been known to prosecute agents (and/or their flunkies) whose illicit contacts with college players jeapordize their eligibility. Yes, I know, prosecutors should have better things to do, but it happens just the same because throwing the book at a slimy agent who cost the local team their star player is a political no-brainer. My guess is that if Deion comes anywhere near Stillwater in the near future, he'll find himself in the slammer.

awtysst said:

OK state knew all about it too, he wasn't sneaking around. Bad form NCAA....

I'm still waiting for them to address the Reggie Bush situation. I guess they are too busy pretending to be high and mighty by punishing some poor kid who might have made a mistake.

What are they going to do to the guy in the NFL? I mean they could take away awards and trophies from him and the team. Dez happened to get screwed because he is still in school and Deion is a tool.

I think that this is the case in bold. Deion Sanders is acting as a shill for Eugene Parker. Probably getting some kind of kickback.

Here's the bottom line.....If you're a college receiver, stay the F away from Deion Sanders at all costs. If you see Deion on a college campus, call the campus police because he's about to steal your best player.

Great guy as an NFL player, shady guy as an "advisor." He could care less if Bryant plays another down at college. He's already a pro commodity.

I don't know how the NFL Network hasn't fired this guy for a conflict of interest.

As a football fan, I think this stinks to high heaven. As a Longhorn fan, I'm glad this happened. That Halloween game in Stillwater had UPSET written all over it.

I think you're exactly right. I can't stand even the sight of Deion Sanders, and I'm pretty sure that this is what this is really about, but they just haven't reported it that way.

Deion was the only clown sticking up for Craptree the entire time of his hold out, and then it was no surprise when their were reports of Deion somehow being involved in his camp of stupid advisers along with Mc Hammer of all people.

And why is Deion always latching onto these young star college football players and trying to get involved with these guys? It seems like every young attractive stud he's all in their ear in some sort of way. These guys need to stay away from Deion Sanders. The guy has always been a freaking clown and he's not good for them or their careers. He's just looking to get more attention and fame for himself with his involvement with them and his little pay backs on the side like you say.

That would be by far the best thing. Fire his ass. That would be one of the best things to do to him any way since he loves the attention from being on television.

Agreed. I was worried about that for the Horns. Not anymore.

What are they going to do to the guy in the NFL? I mean they could take away awards and trophies from him and the team. Dez happened to get screwed because he is still in school and Deion is a tool.

Take away his Heisman trophy and saction the hell out of USC for starters.

I think you're exactly right. I can't stand even the sight of Deion Sanders, and I'm pretty sure that this is what this is really about, but they just haven't reported it that way.

Deion was the only clown sticking up for Craptree the entire time of his hold out, and then it was no surprise when their were reports of Deion somehow being involved in his camp of stupid advisers along with Mc Hammer of all people.

And why is Deion always latching onto these young star college football players and trying to get involved with these guys? It seems like every young attractive stud he's all in their ear in some sort of way. These guys need to stay away from Deion Sanders. The guy has always been a freaking clown and he's not good for them or their careers. He's just looking to get more attention and fame for himself with his involvement with them and his little pay backs on the side like you say.

The answer to that question is more (or, perhaps, less) than the ego boost from fame and attention: Deion is doing it for cold, hard cash. An agent like Eugene Parker cannot go anywhere near a still-eligible collegian, so he needs someone else to make that pitch. The hope is that Deion's celebrity status gives him cover to befriend a rising star without raising suspicions that he's shilling for an agent.

But my guess is the school and/or the NCAA believes that working for the agent is exactly what Deion is doing. If he gets Bryant to sign with Parker, then Parker is in line for a big payday if Bryant is indeed a high draft pick. Then, as the guy who brought the player into the fold, Deion would get a cut--basically a commission.

Heck, Bryant, Deion and Parker may be relieved that Bryant's collegiate career is now over. Far less chance of him getting hurt and ruining everyone's big payday: no telling how many millions Sam Bradford has blown by returning to school only to get hurt.

The answer to that question is more (or, perhaps, less) than the ego boost from fame and attention: Deion is doing it for cold, hard cash. An agent like Eugene Parker cannot go anywhere near a still-eligible collegian, so he needs someone else to make that pitch. The hope is that Deion's celebrity status gives him cover to befriend a rising star without raising suspicions that he's shilling for an agent.

But my guess is the school and/or the NCAA believes that working for the agent is exactly what Deion is doing. If he gets Bryant to sign with Parker, then Parker is in line for a big payday if Bryant is indeed a high draft pick. Then, as the guy who brought the player into the fold, Deion would get a cut--basically a commission.

Heck, Bryant, Deion and Parker may be relieved that Bryant's collegiate career is now over. Far less chance of him getting hurt and ruining everyone's big payday: no telling how many millions Sam Bradford has blown by returning to school only to get hurt.

Well I agree with pretty much everything you're saying here, but make no mistake about the fact that Deion loves the attention of hovering around these young studs and acting like he's the know all of these guys when they're coming into the league like he's their 2nd dad or something. Deion is and always will be about trying to roach a spotlight and hear himself talk. That's who he is.

But yeah, he's trying to get a check as well. He's dirty and he's toxic to any of these young guys really. He's just as immature as they are at their age. He's probably the worst role model any young athlete going into the pros should be around.

Guys, I hope y'all know that this type of stuff happens all the time. Guys are always pitching for their agents. Just think about the University of Miami. How many of those guys have different agents? Jason Chayuk (or however you spell his name) represents a lot of guys from the University of South Carolina. Runners are everywhere! If the NCAA is going to suspend Bryant for this, they may as well cancel the entire football season, or just let the second-tier players play.

As far as Prime needing the cash - Please, okay. The dude has lots of money. It just may be a case of the guy trying to help younger players out as a mentor.

Again doesn't effect him as a person and if he didn't if he didn't care what happened then there is no lesson learned for Bush.

Well, if he doesn't care about his heisman trophy then I feel sorry for the guy. But my point isn't that I want Reggie Bush to learn a lesson. What I want is for the NCAA to hand out punishments in a fair and equal manner. SMU got the "death penalty" and they came down HARD on Alabama a few years ago, but when it happens at USC, not a peep. The whole incident was swept under the rug.

Well, if he doesn't care about his heisman trophy then I feel sorry for the guy. But my point isn't that I want Reggie Bush to learn a lesson. What I want is for the NCAA to hand out punishments in a fair and equal manner. SMU got the "death penalty" and they came down HARD on Alabama a few years ago, but when it happens at USC, not a peep. The whole incident was swept under the rug.

The difference is that SMU and Alabama had a hand in the illegal activities.

USC is saying that they had no knowledge of the entire Reggie Bush thing. Everybody knows that Bush broke the rules. The problem is that there is no proof that USC knew about it and allowed it to continue.

The difference is that SMU and Alabama had a hand in the illegal activities.

USC is saying that they had no knowledge of the entire Reggie Bush thing. Everybody knows that Bush broke the rules. The problem is that there is no proof that USC knew about it and allowed it to continue.

Yes, but since when does that matter? If one guy was doing something that was part of a team on the University I would think that was all it takes.

Didn't the NCAA take down banners from Michigan because of some gambling stuff that they found out that Chris Webber had done way back when the Fab 5 was around? Michigan University certainly didn't know about any of that.

Jason LaCanfora interview with Deion Sanders about Crabtree and Dez Bryant.

Put on your rubber work boots for this one.

I'm still trying to get through the interview, but it's tough as you can see.

maninthemud2.jpg

Lol!!! Then he had the nerve to bring up Pac Man Jones into this conversation and act like he's such a great guy that's misunderstood. Then, acting like he cares so much about all of these athlete's family members. Deion is a sad piece of work.

Last edited:
Back