Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-07-2009   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 60869 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dez Bryant out at OK State.

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant has been ruled ineligible for violating an NCAA bylaw, the school announced Wednesday

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4540282

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dez Bryant out at OK State.

Am I missing something here? The guy jogged (may have worked out) with and ate lunch with a multiple time pro bowl corner and he is ruled ineligible? Why? What is so bad about working out and having lunch with an NFL legend?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I forget who it was, but a coach said one of his recruits had his flight cancelled and had to wait at the airport for a couple of hours. The coach got in a lot of trouble for buying him a milkshake.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Am I missing something here? The guy jogged (may have worked out) with and ate lunch with a multiple time pro bowl corner and he is ruled ineligible? Why? What is so bad about working out and having lunch with an NFL legend?
I'd say the only piece your missing is:

Quote:
Bryant, an All-American who is ranked ninth overall on Mel Kiper Jr.'s most recent Big Board, was ruled ineligible by the school after lying to the NCAA when he was asked if he had visited Deion Sanders' home and had worked out with him.
Maybe he just lied for no reason, though.
Old 10-07-2009   #5
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

The NCAA and its "bylaws" are a crock of shit. So you can't even visit a FORMER NFL player at his home, jog with him, and grab a $5 footlong without breaking rules? WTF'k!?! The NCAA is corrupt IMO. They are the biggest hipocrites in sports. They make billions of dollars off of these athletes, but these guys can't even get a job to put some money in their pocket. And when they do take money in any shape or form, the NCAA steps in and takes their college careers from them at a whim. It's deplorable how they operate.
Old 10-07-2009   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
The NCAA and its "bylaws" are a crock of shit. So you can't even visit a FORMER NFL player at his home, jog with him, and grab a $5 footlong without breaking rules? WTF'k!?! The NCAA is corrupt IMO. They are the biggest hipocrites in sports. They make billions of dollars off of these athletes, but these guys can't even get a job to put some money in their pocket. And when they do take money in any shape or form, the NCAA steps in and takes their college careers from them at a whim. It's deplorable how they operate.
He lied. The NCAA has "bylaws" that if you lie to them they assume you are covering something up that is a violation of NCAA rules. He should have told them the truth, unless the truth was an even bigger violation.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty much agree with everything you said.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-07-2009   #8
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
He lied. The NCAA has "bylaws" that if you lie to them they assume you are covering something up that is a violation of NCAA rules. He should have told them the truth, unless the truth was an even bigger violation.
So he lied. Suspend him for a game or two. Don't take the kid's college football career from him over something so small. Everyone knows that this was Dez Bryant's last season at OK State anyway, so why take what's left of the guy's college football career from him? It's just not reasonable to me. What, is the guy guilty until proven innocent (or what seems like guilty)?
Old 10-07-2009   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So he lied. Suspend him for a game or two. Don't take the kid's college football career from him over something so small. Everyone knows that this was Dez Bryant's last season at OK State anyway, so why take what's left of the guy's college football career from him? It's just not reasonable to me. What, is the guy guilty until proven innocent (or what seems like guilty)?
I was just pointing out to you why he was suspended. Not that I agree with the decision.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm still waiting for them to address the Reggie Bush situation. I guess they are too busy pretending to be high and mighty by punishing some poor kid who might have made a mistake.
Old 10-07-2009   #11
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The coach got in a lot of trouble for buying him a milkshake.
Just saw There Will Be Blood and I couldn't resist...

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86827 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree with everything you said JBZ. The NCAA is deplorable as they come. hypocritical as it gets and greedy as a group of pigs.

THis is really pathetic. Unless there is some info out there that hasn't been released about Bryant doing some other things with Deion that isn't being mentioned yet, this really makes no sense.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
THis is really pathetic. Unless there is some info out there that hasn't been released about Bryant doing some other things with Deion that isn't being mentioned yet, this really makes no sense.
I think that this is the case in bold. Deion Sanders is acting as a shill for Eugene Parker. Probably getting some kind of kickback.

Here's the bottom line.....If you're a college receiver, stay the F away from Deion Sanders at all costs. If you see Deion on a college campus, call the campus police because he's about to steal your best player.

Great guy as an NFL player, shady guy as an "advisor." He could care less if Bryant plays another down at college. He's already a pro commodity.

I don't know how the NFL Network hasn't fired this guy for a conflict of interest.

As a football fan, I think this stinks to high heaven. As a Longhorn fan, I'm glad this happened. That Halloween game in Stillwater had UPSET written all over it.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #14
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Smells to me like Deion is acting as a "runner" for Parker based on his curious presence in the Crabtree contract debacle. I have no doubt the NCAA is sincere in believing that the contacts with (Long Past His) Prime Time are anything but innocent.

That said, if Dez White went to a prestige school like, say, Michigan, USC, Notre Dame, Texas or Penn State, he'd probably get a one week vacation for his transgressions, with that week carefully chosen so that the game he misses is the matchup against Little Sisters of the Poor Tech.

For his part, Deion should avoid Oklahoma for awhile. States have been known to prosecute agents (and/or their flunkies) whose illicit contacts with college players jeapordize their eligibility. Yes, I know, prosecutors should have better things to do, but it happens just the same because throwing the book at a slimy agent who cost the local team their star player is a political no-brainer. My guess is that if Deion comes anywhere near Stillwater in the near future, he'll find himself in the slammer.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Dez Bryant out at OK State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I'm still waiting for them to address the Reggie Bush situation.
!!!!!!!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #16
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
OK state knew all about it too, he wasn't sneaking around. Bad form NCAA....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #17
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I'm still waiting for them to address the Reggie Bush situation. I guess they are too busy pretending to be high and mighty by punishing some poor kid who might have made a mistake.
What are they going to do to the guy in the NFL? I mean they could take away awards and trophies from him and the team. Dez happened to get screwed because he is still in school and Deion is a tool.
Old 10-08-2009   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86827 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I think that this is the case in bold. Deion Sanders is acting as a shill for Eugene Parker. Probably getting some kind of kickback.

Here's the bottom line.....If you're a college receiver, stay the F away from Deion Sanders at all costs. If you see Deion on a college campus, call the campus police because he's about to steal your best player.

Great guy as an NFL player, shady guy as an "advisor." He could care less if Bryant plays another down at college. He's already a pro commodity.

I don't know how the NFL Network hasn't fired this guy for a conflict of interest.

As a football fan, I think this stinks to high heaven. As a Longhorn fan, I'm glad this happened. That Halloween game in Stillwater had UPSET written all over it.
I think you're exactly right. I can't stand even the sight of Deion Sanders, and I'm pretty sure that this is what this is really about, but they just haven't reported it that way.

Deion was the only clown sticking up for Craptree the entire time of his hold out, and then it was no surprise when their were reports of Deion somehow being involved in his camp of stupid advisers along with Mc Hammer of all people.

And why is Deion always latching onto these young star college football players and trying to get involved with these guys? It seems like every young attractive stud he's all in their ear in some sort of way. These guys need to stay away from Deion Sanders. The guy has always been a freaking clown and he's not good for them or their careers. He's just looking to get more attention and fame for himself with his involvement with them and his little pay backs on the side like you say.
Old 10-08-2009   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

That would be by far the best thing. Fire his ass. That would be one of the best things to do to him any way since he loves the attention from being on television.

Quote:
Agreed. I was worried about that for the Horns. Not anymore.
Old 10-08-2009   #20
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
What are they going to do to the guy in the NFL? I mean they could take away awards and trophies from him and the team. Dez happened to get screwed because he is still in school and Deion is a tool.
Take away his Heisman trophy and saction the hell out of USC for starters.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read