Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default What is our X factor in week 5?

Is it our secondary's ability to cover the 3 headed monster the Cardinals have at WR?

Our offenses ability to run the ball and keep AZ off the field?

Our special teams ability to come up with big plays to shift momentum towards us and take the home crowd out of the game?

What else? I'm gonna go with the offense. We've gotta be able to run the ball this week and keep AZ off the field.
Old 10-07-2009   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is our X factor in week 5?

pressure on the QB. Warner can be beat by teams that can light him up and make him move. I don't think we can do that so I see a shootout comin'.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
pressure on the QB. Warner can be beat by teams that can light him up and make him move. I don't think we can do that so I see a shootout comin'.
I don't see a shootout because we have yet to play good offense against a 3-4 defense and AZ runs a 3-4.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Lets hope Antonio Smith can give us some helpful advice on how to beat both the OL and DL for AZ. I like the matchup of Mario vs Gandy, I think Mario will be able to get to Warner at some point in the 40+ times he'll drop back to pass. The question is, will anyone else?

Hopefully Smith puts in a career game going against his former team!!!
Old 10-07-2009   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

He won't.

This approach brought to you by The Mario Williams sucks threads and that everytime I take this approach the opposite happens.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The defense forcing the Cards offense off the field. Will it be enough to keep scoring down? I say yes.
Old 10-07-2009   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post

My thoughts also but more specifically, we have to get pressure on him with our front four. If we have to send our LB's I think he will tear us apart. On offense we all know what happens when we go up against a 3/4. Schaub needs to identify where the blitz is coming from and make them pay. If they do blitz alot (why wouldnt they?) OD needs to have a big game.
Old 10-07-2009   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our pass defense.

Our defense is entirely feast or famine. The running back gets 0 yards or 10+. Because of this, we end up putting the opposing QB in decent 3rd and longs. This is where the pass defense comes into play. Can we stop the 3rd down conversions?
Old 10-07-2009   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Pressure on Warner will make everything about this game easier. Their receivers are much better than our DB's, so pressure on the QB can make them look a whole lot better.
Old 10-07-2009   #10
Rock Slamdance
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Rock Slamdance is a Hall of FamerRock Slamdance is a Hall of FamerRock Slamdance is a Hall of FamerRock Slamdance is a Hall of FamerRock Slamdance is a Hall of FamerRock Slamdance is a Hall of FamerRock Slamdance is a Hall of FamerRock Slamdance is a Hall of Famer

I think the big play will be the play of the 3 & 4th corners, and the entire nickle defense. The cards will run alot of little short routes and sit in zones. The underneath linebackers and downfield secondary will need to adjust and purse quickley to limit yards after the catch.
Rock Slamdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think pass defense is an obvious concern. However, I think X factors for both teams will be the running game. Hightower and Wells don't have killer burst but both can gash defenses.

Other thing is how the interior of the OL performs.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #12
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the X factor is our DL. If they win the battle decisively, then everything else will take care of itself.
Old 10-07-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

4 man pressure is the x factor... I think we'll blitz less than we have all season in this one.. gotta get pressure with the down lineman
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

X factor = Swine Flu

If The Fitz, Boldin, Breaston and Warner all get the swine flu we might have a chance to stop their offense.
Old 10-07-2009   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Offensive play calling. Pass to set up the run please!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #16
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Lets hope Antonio Smith can give us some helpful advice on how to beat both the OL and DL for AZ. I like the matchup of Mario vs Gandy, I think Mario will be able to get to Warner at some point in the 40+ times he'll drop back to pass. The question is, will anyone else?

This is exactly the type of match-up I referred to, Gandy has his hands full, Super Mario will get loose on him... I think we can really get some pressure on Warner... u gotta pick one, that's ur X-factor right there: Mario Williams...
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #17
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

this Arizona offense-thing is getting a bit overblown. we face Indy twice a year, recently have played them competitively, and I don't think AZ has any more potent offense than Peyton and Indy. Right?
Old 10-07-2009   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The same X factor we've always had: Jacoby Jones

I like where he's at right now in the playcalling, getting him on the field a couple plays a game and maybe even a pass or 3. It looks like he's getting open when he's on the field and he's a dynamic threat as long as he keeps his head and follows proper procedure: Step 1. Catch the ball Step 2. Jacoby Jones.

Reversing KW? Nah, JJ? Yup.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
this Arizona offense-thing is getting a bit overblown. we face Indy twice a year, recently have played them competitively, and I don't think AZ has any more potent offense than Peyton and Indy. Right?
Very true. Folks are trembling when through our whole history we have faced Manning.
Old 10-07-2009   #20
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Remind me. How many times have we beaten Indy?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read