Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-06-2009   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Under-the-radar prospects

Alejandro Villanueva 6-10 WR - Army

http://www.goarmysports.com/ViewArti...ATCLID=1149412

The guy was an 315-lb OT last year.
He's now between 265-283 lbs depending on who you believe.

I watched him against Duke & Ball State.

The guy has soft hands and can move around and jump.
I really like him.

Army always favors the running game; and they have had 3 different QBs in the first 4 games already. They should target him more!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Under-the-radar prospects

I watched them play Duke, and I was really impressed. The problem with drafting from Army though is they have an obligation to the military first. We would not see him for a while.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #3
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 22350 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

He could get out of his service commitment; however a guy this size becoming a WR this late may have some severe shortcomings in the skills needed to develop into an NFL caliber WR....but man oh man could u imagine the threat near the goal line, it would be a like throwing an alley oop to Yao (well almost hehe)...I'm gonna start keeping tabs on him...thanks for the insight
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
He could get out of his service commitment; however a guy this size becoming a WR this late may have some severe shortcomings in the skills needed to develop into an NFL caliber WR....but man oh man could u imagine the threat near the goal line, it would be a like throwing an alley oop to Yao (well almost hehe)...I'm gonna start keeping tabs on him...thanks for the insight
That's what impressive about him.
They ran a sideline route for him in two different games where he has to run more than ten yards, turn around 180%, jump up and backward and go get the ball out of the air.

Another route they ran was a slant; he came across the middle and had to reach back to grab the ball behind him above chest high.

A big guy is not supposed to be able to run and catch like this.
I hope they keep with the running game and don't target him too much so we can draft him in the 7th rd and let him complete his service if he so chooses.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read