Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2009   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Can we score 40, or should we just mail it in?

I think we're going to have to score 40 points to beat the Cardinals. I know they only avg 19/game so far this year, but I'm still scared.

In my mind, Warner & Schaub are the same "type" of QB. Except he's better. He's got three 1000 yard receivers from last year, plus an electric check down guy, that are just drooling to get on the field against our secondary.

We'll be complaining next week, about Amobi & Mario not getting to the QB, but it will be because he can throw the ball to any receiver he wants at any time.

I'm not saying we can't win. I'll be rooting for the Texans every step of the way. But I think we'll have to score 40 points to do it.

What say you?
Old 10-06-2009   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can we score 40, or should we just mail it in?

Can our offense play our defense? We might have a chance to score 40 if so.
Old 10-06-2009   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This seems to be a different team then last years Superbowl Cardinals.

Perhaps last year we would have had to score 30 something or 40 points but this year I think a good upper 20's or lower 30's will get the job done against a defense that has no big time play makers and is just not that great.

I think it will be a high scoring game but having to score 40 seems unreasonable.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can't run the ball, we're going to lose... The best way to stop a explosive offensive (and the best way to take the home crowd out of the game) is by keeping their offense off the field and sustain long and time consuming drives.. Steve Slaton needs to put the pull-ups on and get it done this week.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Couple of things going for us in this game:

ARI still can't run the ball...

ARI is 30th in the league vs. the pass

ARI OT's have struggled all year and especially last game vs. IND

ARI WR's have not been on all year nor has the Cards passing game in general excluding their JAX game.

ARI's pass/run is about 70/30... stops the clock a lot, gives HOU plenty of opportunities on offense
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #6
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

it could happen, but it'll most likely a 30 points game for both team

with the cardinals winning.

but i'd love the texans to prove me wrong tho, that they can win against the cards.
Old 10-06-2009   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Their offensive line is at most mediocre.
We can stop them some.
Maybe we only need to score 39 points!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

To be quite honest, I think our secondary's going to get burnt beyond recognition. I think we lose big, especially if we fall behind early.

But, that's why they play the games. I just don't want to get my hopes up on our defense after playing the worst QB and WR's in the NFL.
Old 10-06-2009   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post

ARI WR's have not been on all year nor has the Cards passing game in general excluding their JAX game.

ARI's pass/run is about 70/30... stops the clock a lot, gives HOU plenty of opportunities on offense
Which is fine to look at, but it doesn't necessarily equate to much against the Texans. We are not the Colts or 49ers (Arizona's two losses), and we lost to the Jags (which our defense didn't do much against) who the Cards blew out with a 31-17 win.

I do not think our secondary is going to magically morph into being good, so Warner might end up having a field day if our defense (of 3 sacks total this season) can't get to him.

I think we have a chance, but our offense will need to capitalize when they've got the ball and limit stupid mistakes like turnovers and penalties.
Old 10-06-2009   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
To be quite honest, I think our secondary's going to get burnt beyond recognition. I think we lose big, especially if we fall behind early.

But, that's why they play the games. I just don't want to get my hopes up on our defense after playing the worst QB and WR's in the NFL.
I agree whole heartedly. I don't want any one to get their hopes up after we "shut down the Raiders".

We've still got the same problems we had two weeks ago
Old 10-06-2009   #11
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:

That's what I was thinking....We have a GREAT shot this weekend!!!

Should be a lot of fun to watch...I am having my knee scoped on thursday so I will be laid up watching football all weekend!
Old 10-06-2009   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

A Frank Bush defense is no match for a Ken Whisenhunt offense.

The question is USPS, UPS, or FedEx?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Their defense has some good individual players just like our's except they are much more talented in the secondary.

They've got one of the best safeties in the NFL in Adrian Wilson, converted former 1st round pick Antrel Rolle at FS, and a good young CB in Rodgers-Cromartie. They've still got one of the best LBers in the league in Karlos Dansby and they've got what we want Okoye to become in Darnell Dockett at DT.

Hopefully Antonio Smith can give us some quality inside info on how to beat that defense. I think we can run on them which we will need to do in order to win this game because its gonna be tough to keep pace with Warner and co. if we get into a shootout on the road. We've gotta slow this game down with 10+ play drives and frustrate them.

Some big plays on special teams would certainly be helpful Sunday as well!!!
Old 10-06-2009   #14
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Which is fine to look at, but it doesn't necessarily equate to much against the Texans. We are not the Colts or 49ers (Arizona's two losses), and we lost to the Jags (which our defense didn't do much against) who the Cards blew out with a 31-17 win.

I do not think our secondary is going to magically morph into being good, so Warner might end up having a field day if our defense (of 3 sacks total this season) can't get to him.

I think we have a chance, but our offense will need to capitalize when they've got the ball and limit stupid mistakes like turnovers and penalties.
Sound logic. But is NFL football ever logical?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #15
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this sounds cliche' but whichever team doesn't turn the ball over and takes advantage of their offensive possessions will be the team to win this game. Both these offenses have the capability to put points up fast and if an opportunity is missed via turnover, then thats one less drive to put up points.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Sound logic. But is NFL football ever logical?
lol! yeah, good point. I'd just as soon be completely wrong about things and they win the game by a blowout. I'd be fine with that.
Old 10-06-2009   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

There might be some NFL records set for total offense this weekend. Maybe the NFL will just play the whole game like a college overtime period.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #18
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of those cliche games where you must win the turnover battle. I don't think either team can stop the other so by all accounts it should be a HIGH scoring game which means it'll end up 13-10
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #19
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

O/U is like 48 or so.

Hmm...can they each score 24 points?
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
O/U is like 48 or so.

Hmm...can they each score 24 points?
I think that's for each team.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read