Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2009   #1
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We need to go 3-3 next 6

We would have an outside chance of making playoffs if we finish house afire.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: We need to go 3-3 next 6

I would give the left one of you if that happened.

(well, maybe not - but I'd be impressed)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
And we'll be 5-5. Not something that I'd be happy with.

We need to win the division. Gunning for the wild card isn't the way to do this. We're third in our division as of today. Jacksonville's got the tiebreaker and the Colts are perfect thus far and are not showing any signs of slowing down.

We need to go 6-0.
Old 10-05-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
And we'll be 5-5. Not something that I'd be happy with.

We need to win the division. Gunning for the wild card isn't the way to do this. We're third in our division as of today. Jacksonville's got the tiebreaker and the Colts are perfect thus far and are not showing any signs of slowing down.

We need to go 6-0.
THIS ^

Most likely the wild cards are going to come out of the AFC North and the AFC East anyway.........sorry, but like Nitro said, the only way I see us making the playoffs is by flat out winning the division. A 11-5 team could be a wild card team this year.

3-3 over the next 6 isn't going to cut it.....that's just .500 ball, which is just more of the same.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #5
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

This mediocre attitude needs to go away
Old 10-05-2009   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
we need to go 6-0 our next 6. it would be tough to pull out but that should be our aim.

anything less would be uncivilized
Old 10-05-2009   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What the others said. 3-3 is a bad way of thinking unless you like .500. One at a time.
Old 10-05-2009   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
People, people, people. Why do I have to pull this out earlier and earlier every year?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

"Well, I'll start off by saying this: do not blame that game on the defense, OK? I don't care who you play -- whether it's a high school team, a junior college team, a college team -- much less an NFL team. When you turn the ball over five times -- four interceptions, one for a touchdown, three others in field position to set up touchdowns -- you ain't going to beat anybody I just talked about. Anybody. All right? And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the friggin' game. In my opinion, that sucked... What's that? Ah -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

why can't we just keep our expectations realistic? one week ago posters were ready to dismantle this team, and today you're wanting them to go 6-0 on the next 6? that's not fair or realistic, and only sets up a scenario for more bench/fire/demote threads.

Old 10-05-2009   #10
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
why can't we just keep our expectations realistic? one week ago posters were ready to dismantle this team, and today you're wanting them to go 6-0 on the next 6? that's not fair or realistic, and only sets up a scenario for more bench/fire/demote threads.

Seriously. If you NEED to go to Indy and win, you might as well close up shop.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
THIS ^

Most likely the wild cards are going to come out of the AFC North and the AFC East anyway.........sorry, but like Nitro said, the only way I see us making the playoffs is by flat out winning the division. A 11-5 team could be a wild card team this year.

3-3 over the next 6 isn't going to cut it.....that's just .500 ball, which is just more of the same.
U saying we cant beat the Jets or Balty ??????? to take that wildcard spot ???
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Has it happened yet?? Damn. Not of thick faith.
Old 10-05-2009   #13
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i think we can beat The cards on the road

and i deff think we can beat Cincy on the road

and i think we can handle San Fransico at "HOME"

thats 5-2 right there going into Buffalo and even if we lose in Buff thats still 5-3 going into the indy game ......

thats my way of thinking has of now

if indy is 8-0 at that point then that will just suck hopefull they will be 6-2
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
U saying we cant beat the Jets or Balty ??????? to take that wildcard spot ???
The Jets and Baltimore are better ball clubs right now until proven otherwise. They play great defense and can run the hell out of the ball......that's what you need to win consistently, especially on the road.
Old 10-05-2009   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Why.....we should've beat them last year.

It SHOULD be our goal to go 6-0 in the next 6 games, whether we do that or not doesn't really matter.....but that SHOULD be the goal. Set your goals high and you achieve more, I think that was "Second Honeymoon's" original point.....I seriously doubt he actually expects that to happen.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-05-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2009   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i think we can beat The cards on the road

and i deff think we can beat Cincy on the road

and i think we can handle San Fransico at "HOME"

thats 5-2 right there going into Buffalo and even if we lose in Buff thats still 5-3 going into the indy game ......

thats my way of thinking has of now

if indy is 8-0 at that point then that will just suck hopefull they will be 6-2
Im not as optimistic as you. I think we will be lucky if we win more than 6 games. But heres to hoping.
Old 10-05-2009   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

We will be 1-4 over our next 5. Hopefully I'm wrong.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #18
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Why.....we should've beat them last year.
Shoulda woulda coulda. We should be 3-1.

Quote:
It SHOULD be our goal to go 6-0 in the next 6 games, whether we do that or not doesn't really matter.....but that SHOULD be the goal. Set your goals high and you achieve more, I think that was "Second Honeymoon's" original point.....I seriously doubt he actually expects that to happen.

Then don't say 'need'.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #19
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61599 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I do think we can beat Arizona, Cincy, and Buffalo. The Cards game will be the toughest of those 3 IMO, but I really don't think they are unbeatable. San Francisco could be really tough -- depending on how healthy Gore is he could dismantle us. It will be an interesting game no doubt.

Indy, well, I just hope we manage to run a winning record up over the 4 games before them. If the game is for the division lead or something I wouldn't count us out. But if we are puttering along like we were before half of this week (and like we have for the entire length of Kubiak's tenure) they will flay us. We need to establish some consistency and confidence before then to have a prayer. Tennessee showed promise -- we can overcome faulty mistakes to win on the road. It remains to be seen whether we can do that against a team that has won a game, or do it two weeks in a row.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

For the first time in the history of this franchise, we could say this
team has the ABILITY to win against EVERY team on its schedule.
They had BETTER be aiming to win the division. The AFC South is
the toughest division in the AFC, and this team has to be BETTER THAN
GOOD to make the playoffs.

Every division winner in the history of the AFC South has won at least
11 games. Most of the time, 12 wins are required. The Texans have been
building themselves to compete with the Colts, and dammit with the
emergence of Cushing, Okoye, Jacoby Jones, we just might have enough
to beat them once or even twice.

I've been watching Demeco gush over his boy Cushing, GQ, and Pollard,
destroy receivers whether they catch the ball or not. Cushing clotheslined
Jamarcus Russell a split second after he got rid of the ball, and got away
with it.

Who'd have known that when Kubiak compared Kevin Walter to "Easy" Ed
Mccaffrey, he'd be right? Frank Bush was downright giddy when they
drafted Cushing. Comparisons of Bill Romanowski were thrown about.
In SEASON ONE, he's gotten Texans fans watching in AWE as he BLASTS
a tight end after the guy MISSES THE CATCH!

I remember in the past, the Texans would get to a ball carrier, and just
soft tackle. Cushing actually DESTROYS ballcarriers and receivers. Once
this defense plays AVERAGE FOOTBALL, this team will be good. However,
I think there's enough young talent on that side of the ball to build into
something MUCH better than average.

This team had BETTER be aiming for 6-0. Mediocrity is UNACCEPTABLE.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read