Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-05-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Never thought I would ask a question like this but here goes...

Who would you rather have on your team right now at WR???

Braylen Edwards or Jacoby Jones?

And yes, this is a real question. Lol!
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #2
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Never thought I would ask a question like this but here goes...

Hmm, interesting question. It looks deceivingly easy at first glance, but is much closer than I thought. Washed up super star flop or error-prone potential. Jacoby gives us big plays in the passing game and return game, Braylon used to make big plays but has never been consistent and it's been a year or two since he's been a factor.

If we had another return man lined up then I take Braylon and count on our pass-friendly offense to revitalize his career. If we're stuck with Andre Davis as our KR/PR, I'm sticking with JJ - he's provided too much production on offense and special teams to go cold turkey.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Oooh... good question.
I'd have to give Jacoby the edge right now.
He's on the upswing. If he continues to "mature" as Kubiak puts it, he could be a fine #3 WR. And then there's the added dimension of his punt returning abilities.

Braylon seems to be headed in the other direction. He's supposed to be a #1 WR but the production isn't there. Now if he somehow cured that recurring case of the dropsies then I might go with him.

But then what would you do with Walter. He blocks too well to just sit him down. I don't see Edwards knocking Walter down to our #3 WR.

Edwards would have to take a serious pay cut and absorb a mega blow to his ego to drop from "The Guy" in Cleveland to a #3 here.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Braylon Edwards is awful. And while the QBs there have been no great shakes, he has been awful all by himself. He drops easy passes and quits on routes.
Old 10-05-2009   #5
Ckw

Well then I guess this is a good place to ask this: should I quit hoping Braylon will perform this season? He is on my fantasy team, and I have started him every week but he has done nothing. So do I give up on him with the possibility that when I do bench him, he puts up over 100 yards and 2 tds or do you guys not see that happening?
Old 10-05-2009   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Well then I guess this is a good place to ask this: should I quit hoping Braylon will perform this season? He is on my fantasy team, and I have started him every week but he has done nothing. So do I give up on him with the possibility that when I do bench him, he puts up over 100 yards and 2 tds or do you guys not see that happening?
I'd cut bait on Braylon if I were you.

Jacoby is small school 3rd round project. Braylon was the first WR taken in the 1st round who happens to be playing like a small school 3rd round project.

Drafts are crap shoots. A fact that gets proven constantly.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #7
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'd cut bait on Braylon if I were you.

Jacoby is small school 3rd round project. Braylon was the first WR taken in the 1st round who happens to be playing like a small school 3rd round project.

Drafts are crap shoots. A fact that gets proven constantly.
Truer words were never typed
(at least not on a football msg board )
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2009   #8
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta say that Braylon Edwards is the only guy I've ever seen that makes Jacoby's hands look reliable. JJ's had really impressive hauls in the last few games, despite his constant bonehead blunders on PR.

JJ is maddeningly inconsistent. Edwards is consistently awful. Especially considering the contracts and egos involved, I'll take JJ.

Great Rose Bowl performance though. Right next to Russell's Sugar Bowl game. It earned you both tens of millions. Now retire in your late 20's and let guys that actually give a damn play the game.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Gotta say that Braylon Edwards is the only guy I've ever seen that makes Jacoby's hands look reliable.
Ah man, that is just brutal right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Now retire in your late 20's and let guys that actually give a damn play the game.

To funny. You're exactly right though.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #10
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
To funny. You're exactly right though.
Thanks man. Braylon Edwards is a diva. He may get charged with assault due to his jealousy:

Quote:
According to the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, 28-year-old Edward Givens is claiming that Edwards punched him during an argument early Monday morning -- Givens said he went to the hospital after suffering a black eye, cut and a lingering headache.

The Plain-Dealer cites multiple sources as corroborating that Edwards was the man who hit Givens.

Givens works as a promoter at a marketing firm that hosts parties at View nightclub, where the alleged incident took place.

"After the club closed, I was outside greeting and saying goodbye to people. Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me," Givens told the Plain-Dealer. "He said if it wasn't for LeBron [James] or the Four Horsemen, I wouldn't have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron. So I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. I have a black eye and a cut. I'm not a violent guy.
Quote:
"I've never crossed paths with Braylon before, but it seems like there's a little jealousy going on with Braylon and me and my friends. I have no idea why," (LeBron) James said to the Associated Press.. "I've never said anything to Braylon at all. But for him to do that is very childish. My friend is 130 pounds. Seriously. It's like hitting one of my kids. It doesn't make sense."
Not to defend JJ's transgression, but there's DWI and there's assaulting a club owner while you are drinking. And all because you aren't the town's sports hero? What a crybaby.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ hands down! Whoops, I made a funny!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read