Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-05-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Romo

He has to be the least clutch quarterback in the NFL. Seriously, the guy is at his worst when the game is on the line. If you need points to win a game don't count on this guy. I love seeing the Cowboys flame out but when Romo chokes like this its like icing on the cake.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Romo

I wish they had won today. I was counting on the NFC East to beat up the AFC North a little
Old 10-05-2009   #3
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually like JaMarcus Russell more as a quarterback. Russell can learn the finesse game, but I don't know if Romo will ever have a strong arm.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I wish they had won today. I was counting on the NFC East to beat up the AFC North a little
I thought this too but its a little early to be thinking that. I mean would it surprise anyone if Denver did a nosedive and lost a bunch of games after starting 4-0? Plus the Chargers are like the Texans but with less upside, great offense, big question mark on defense.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #5
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not a happy individual at this point and don't know when or if my mindset will change. I find myself cringing every time Tony has the ball, and wondering if this will be the next interception or sack. Given that I am also a fan of the Texans, the David Carr flashbacks aren't setting well.

I can live with a good hard fought game that results in a loss, but giving games away because of inept decisions is not acceptable.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I thought this too but its a little early to be thinking that. I mean would it surprise anyone if Denver did a nosedive and lost a bunch of games after starting 4-0? Plus the Chargers are like the Texans but with less upside, great offense, big question mark on defense.
The NFC East plays the AFC West this year, and if that's what you meant, I think there's at least a decent chance both Philly and the Giants go 4-0 against them. If you really meant the AFC East, that's the NFC South, and the Falcons have already lost to the Pats, and the Bucs and Panthers don't look like they can beat anybody right now - except maybe each other. Saints v Pats in New Orleans might be epic though.
Old 10-05-2009   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
I actually like JaMarcus Russell more as a quarterback. Russell can learn the finesse game, but I don't know if Romo will ever have a strong arm.
Spled, what are you thinking? JR is one of the worst QB's ive have seen in a looooong time. Do yourself a favor and never say that again.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2009   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I am not a happy individual at this point and don't know when or if my mindset will change. I find myself cringing every time Tony has the ball, and wondering if this will be the next interception or sack. Given that I am also a fan of the Texans, the David Carr flashbacks aren't setting well.

I can live with a good hard fought game that results in a loss, but giving games away because of inept decisions is not acceptable.
Win one, lose one=average.

That's the Cowboys. Average....

Romo sucks so far this year though except for a good game one.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Enjoy! I will not back down or pretend. I don't have interest nor patience for the 5-Year plan to see if Romo is going to do the job he is being paid mega-millions to perform. Hopefully for the time you have known me, you aren't expecting excuses.
Old 10-05-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I think Romo's one of the most overrated QB's we've seen in quite some time. Whether it be from playing in Dallas or being a pretty boy with celebs for girlfriends, who knows?
Old 10-05-2009   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerrah's gonna trade a 3rd round pick to Bud for VY . This way he can fill his stadium with the VY brigade . The guy who calls in all the time on the radio shows will noow be Cowboy Rick .
Old 10-05-2009   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Jerrah's gonna trade a 3rd round pick to Bud for VY . This way he can fill his stadium with the VY brigade . The guy who calls in all the time on the radio shows will noow be Cowboy Rick .
Even Jerry's not that dumb. Who is Rick?
Old 10-05-2009   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Even Jerry's not that dumb. Who is Rick?
Titan Rick was the biggest trash talker on the radio a month ago . Now he's Droopy Rick cause all he wants to see is VY . That tells me he's not a Titan fan he's a VY fan .
Old 10-05-2009   #15
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

I was reading the Dallas Cowboys forum.

It seems after the Mile High debacle yesterday, more than enough Cowboys fans are bashing on Tony. Yet there are still numbers of them who say Romo is still the guy and they wouldn't take anybody "not named Brady, Peyton or Warner."

Romo is still a pretty good QB in the right circumstances but it's clear that a prime Terrell Owens very much made his early success, from most of latter 2006 through the 13-3 2007 season.

But Romo is not clutch. Matt Schaub has been the better QB lately. And Schaub's faced some pretty good defenses lately, better than the ones than Tampa Bay and Carolina have offered.

And Schaub is clutch in comparison. Those 3 great drives against Jacksonville, Miami and Green Bay last year will someday be added to his legacy.

And Matt would've had another great clutch drive in this year's Battle Red game against the Jags had it not been for a questionable penalty and Chris Brown fumble.

Those defenses of the Titans (the one still strong after the Pittsburgh opener), Jags and Raiders are not soft but Schaub did his part in picking them apart when he had to while getting nailed in the pocket. The Jags held the Colts to 14 points, while the Titans held the Steelers to 13 in Week 1 before Schaub riddled those defenses with multiple TD tosses.

Romo, OTH, while enjoying a great running game, simply cannot take advantage of that and still makes crucial mistakes and costly turnovers at critical moments of the games.

Just imagine if Schaub had that power running game of the Cowboys even though the Texans' running game is showing signs of life lately. And Schaub is doing well behind a line whose strength is not classic pocket protection while the dormant running game is reviving. You think Romo could do as well behind that ZBS scheme when the rushing attack isn't there? Schaub can deliver 400 yds in near 0 degree weather in Wisconsin but give Romo a break because it was a tough 16 degrees in the Three River City. Yeah, Schaub is an afterthought alright.

I think we Texans fans are fortunate to have Matt Schaub as our QB at this juncture. Despite that tough Raiders D that sacked him four times and pressured him all game long, Matt still showed other ways to get it done rather than having to rely on Andre. Matt found seven different receivers while Tony kept missing his open guys despite an early dominant running game in Denver.

Those arrogant Cowboys fans (they who are surprised an NFL team exists in Houston) can think Schaub is some scrub compared to Romo but I think Matt will put on a great show this week in Arizona.

Maybe Tony is still adjusting to the new power running game...but his decision making and accuracy in the pocket under pressure are questionable to this point. They miss a prime Terrell Owens.

Last edited by worldlyman; 10-05-2009 at 11:22 AM.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #16
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Titan Rick was the biggest trash talker on the radio a month ago . Now he's Droopy Rick cause all he wants to see is VY . That tells me he's not a Titan fan he's a VY fan .
Ok...you must be talking about 610 then..kind of rings a bell now.

Maybe he's related to Vince..he has a ton of family here.
Old 10-05-2009   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post

It seems after the Mile High debacle yesterday, more than enough Cowboys fans are bashing on Tony. Yet there are still a number who say Romo is still the guy and they wouldn't take anybody "not named Brady, Peyton or Warner."

Romo is still a pretty good QB in the right circumstances but it's clear that a prime Terrell Owens very much made his early success, from most of latter 2006 through the 13-3 2007 season.

But Romo is not clutch. Matt Schaub has been the better QB lately. And Schaub's faced some pretty good defenses lately, better than the ones than Tampa Bay and Carolina have offered.

And Schaub is clutch in comparison. Those 3 great drives against Jacksonville, Miami and Green Bay last year will someday be added to his legacy.

And Matt would've had another great clutch drive in this year's Battle Red game against the Jags had it not been for a questionable penalty and Chris Brown fumble.

Those defenses of the Titans (the one still strong after the Pittsburgh opener), Jags and Raiders are not soft but Schaub did his part in picking them apart when he had to while getting nailed in the pocket. The Jags held the Colts to 14 points, while the Titans held the Steelers to 13 in Week 1 before Schaub riddled those defenses with multiple TD tosses.

Romo, OTH, while enjoying a great running game, simply cannot take advantage of that and still makes crucial mistakes and costly turnovers at critical moments of the games.

Just imagine if Schaub had that power running game of the Cowboys even though the Texans' running game is showing signs of life lately.

I think we Texans fans are fortunate to have Matt Schaub as our QB at this juncture. Despite that tough Raiders D that sacked him four times and pressured him all game long, Matt still showed other ways to get it done rather than having to rely on Andre. Matt found seven different receivers while Tony kept missing his open guys despite an early dominant running game in Denver.

Those arrogant Cowboys fans can think Schaub is some scrub compared to Romo still but I think Matty will put on a great show this week in Arizona.

Maybe Tony is still adjusting to the new power running game...but his decision making and accuracy in the pocket under pressure are questionable to this point. They miss a prime Terrell Owens.
I can tell you THIS Cowboys fan doesn't miss Terrell. He's not doing much in Buffalo is he?

Romo just sucked yesterday. Flat out he was horrible.
Old 10-05-2009   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post

It seems after the Mile High debacle yesterday, more than enough Cowboys fans are bashing on Tony. Yet there are still a number who say Romo is still the guy and they wouldn't take anybody "not named Brady, Peyton or Warner."

There were a number of Texans fans that wanted to keep Carr as well. So, you will always have those willing to risk status quo.

It's no secret that I was in the silent minority that didn't think TO was the problem. He could have been the obvious pimple, but IMO not the cause came from another source. I decided to wait and see how things pan out once TO and Jessica were out of the picture, and I don't like what I see.
Old 10-05-2009   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
There were a number of Texans fans that wanted to keep Carr as well. So, you will always have those willing to risk status quo.

It's no secret that I was in the silent minority that didn't think TO was the problem. He could have been the obvious pimple, but IMO not the cause came from another source. I decided to wait and see how things pan out once TO and Jessica were out of the picture, and I don't like what I see.
Any chance the Cowboys do with Kitna/Romo what the '08 Titans did with Collins/VY?

It sounds ludicrous on the surface (and maybe below the surface too), but realistically, how many folks would have given VY any chance of being benched going into the '08 season (much less after the first half of the first game), and while Collins had seen some success with the Panthers and the Giants, how much more highly regarded was he then compared to Kitna now?
Old 10-05-2009   #20
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Colin Cowherd brought up an interesting fact about Romo around a week ago that really hit home. Romo wasn't highly recruited coming out of high school. None of the big-time programs were beating down his door, ala Mark Sanchez, Peyton Manning, Matt Barkley, etc. So he ends up at Eastern Illinois, a I-AA school where he has a decent career against lower level competition. Even after that, no NFL team saw enough out of the guy to even spend a low round draft pick on him. He ends up going to the Cowboys via free agency where he can't beat out Quincy Carter or Vinny Testaverde. Matter of fact, he was going to be released before Quincy Carter f'd up his whole career. So he finally gets his chance after Drew Bledsoe is washed up, and he plays very well but doesn't show up in the big moments. He gets the fame, the popularity, and the big paycheck without ever really proving himself. Herd sums it up by stating that Romo is what he is. He's a decent QB that was never really sought after that can't show up for the big moments.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read