Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2009   #41
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans-Cardinals Week 5 preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
If they stop us in the 2nd quarter we are screwed bad...to me so far this season we are only putting up points in the second quarter...titians game 17 out of the 34 points in the 2nd quarter, jags game 14 points out of the 24 points in the 2nd quarter, raiders game 17 points out of the 29 scored...is this a trend i see that will continue? or am i just looking to much into it?
Yeah, ur really looking too much into that... Come on man, that thinking doesn't make much sense...Your saying that we will only put up points in the 2nd qtr based off that for our future games? You know you could probaly look at a lot of teams and see quarters where they really score more than others quarters they don't in games....Regardless, the fact is our O has played well for the most part since week 1.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #42
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 114327 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is definitely a winnable game, although also definitely not easy. When you look and consider that 4 out of the next 5 games are on the road, and the home game is a tough one vs. San Francisco, this one needs to go in the "W" column.

Right now, it's a little bit tough to figure out the Cards. A 1-2 start with two home losses that were both bad offensive games may not tell the tale of their season (although it might), but it tells you if we're really serious a winning season and a playoff berth, you find a way to win this game. Pretty, ugly, it doesn't matter how, but I think it's as close to a must-win game as week 5 can be.
Old 10-05-2009   #43
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
but it tells you if we're really serious a winning season and a playoff berth, you find a way to win this game. Pretty, ugly, it doesn't matter how, but I think it's as close to a must-win game as week 5 can be.
Especially when you look at how Jville is playing @ Seattle and St. Louis @ home the next two weeks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #44
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Yeah, ur really looking too much into that... Come on man, that thinking doesn't make much sense...Your saying that we will only put up points in the 2nd qtr based off that for our future games? You know you could probaly look at a lot of teams and see quarters where they really score more than others quarters they don't in games....Regardless, the fact is our O has played well for the most part since week 1.
Yea i had a feeling that i was but what can i say im a math major and just looking at the numbers...ill beat once again a majority of our points comes in the 2nd quarter
Old 10-05-2009   #45
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

With all the talk about who's the best WR in the league, I'm really interested to see if AJ comes out on a mission to show up Larry Fitzgerald.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #46
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea i had a feeling that i was but what can i say im a math major and just looking at the numbers...ill beat once again a majority of our points comes in the 2nd quarter
Maybe, but that's really just overanalyzing...It doesn't matter what qtr they put up the majority of their points but that they score when they need to...Also it's not like in those games it's an overwhelming amount just in 2nd qtr. and not in the rest of the game... Also in the Raiders game we stopped trying to score as much and just started working out our running game...Don't worry about it that much.
Old 10-05-2009   #47
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
I disagree..I think we can get pressure on Warner up front... Mario should have an advantage as I believe he'll be matched up with Gandy...I don't think we shut them down, of course not, but I think we can get some stops and our offense can put up some points this week to win. We will be chucking it all over the yard...
We will be in nickel package almost the entire game, we haven't shown a consisten pass rush all year. If warner has 5 seconds to throw the ball we are going to be in trouble.

Our best pass rush comes off the ends, as already mentioned Warner isn't going to run off on us he's going to shuffle left/right, and step up. I'm more nervou about playing a passing team than I am about a running team, cause basically we have almost 0 pass rush consistently.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2009   #48
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe, but that's really just overanalyzing...It doesn't matter what qtr they put up the majority of their points but that they score when they need to...Also it's not like in those games it's an overwhelming amount just in 2nd qtr. and not in the rest of the game... Also in the Raiders game we stopped trying to score as much and just started working out our running game...Don't worry about it that much.
Trust me im not worrying about just being in math everyday i find small stats like that very intresting and like to see if it continues or not...dont get me wrong i believe we are gonna kick names and take asses sunday...
Old 10-05-2009   #49
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
The last two games we haven't done jack in the second half, now the last game it's obvious that Kubiak threw out anything in the playbook that didn't consist of a handoff. We can't impose our will on a team and just run the ball and that's a problem when you need to be able to put away a team.

We are going into this game with the the weakest part of our offense and defense we need to execute on to have a good winning shot at this game.

offensively - we need to run the ball and control the clock (not our strong point)
defensively - we need to get some major pass rush and make it a rough day for Kurt Warner (not our strong point)

Yah this could be ugly.
Old 10-05-2009   #50
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand1 View Post
We will be in nickel package almost the entire game, we haven't shown a consisten pass rush all year. If warner has 5 seconds to throw the ball we are going to be in trouble.

Our best pass rush comes off the ends, as already mentioned Warner isn't going to run off on us he's going to shuffle left/right, and step up.
I'm more nervou about playing a passing team than I am about a running team, cause basically we have almost 0 pass rush consistently.
I see, but I disagree on Warner, he likes to step up, but has shown when he gets pressure coming off the edges he breaks down, runs off and tends to make mistakes of course on the move...Mario is continuing to play more aggressive to me and I think he'll have a favorable matchup in the O line.

Quote:
U can see by the Cards 2 losses what the theme is and what we must do to beat them....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...als-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...1-Cardinals-10

It's pretty clear, pressure Warner and limit his ability to find his guys for those big plays; exploit there secondary with our WRs and control the ball..
Old 10-05-2009   #51
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Trust me im not worrying about just being in math everyday i find small stats like that very intresting and like to see if it continues or not...dont get me wrong i believe we are gonna kick names and take asses sunday...
Old 10-05-2009   #52
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
I see, but I disagree on Warner, he likes to step up, but has shown when he gets pressure coming off the edges he breaks down, runs off and tends to make mistakes of course on the move...Mario is continuing to play more aggressive to me and I think he'll have a favorable matchup in the O line.
Mario will get double teamed and leaving it up to someone else to make a play, we'll need a pass rush up the middle.. I don't know why we don't move bulman inside and see if he can get some pass rush while putting Barwin on the edge.

Bulman seems to be strong enough to get some push.
Old 10-05-2009   #53
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mario will get double teamed and leaving it up to someone else to make a play, we'll need a pass rush up the middle.. I don't know why we don't move bulman inside and see if he can get some pass rush while putting Barwin on the edge.

Bulman seems to be strong enough to get some push.
Hopefully Antonio Smith wants to show his old team that they should of resigned him and wreaks havoc all game.

Now only if we could get him to do that every game. He played great yesterday hopefully he keeps getting better.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #54
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Hopefully Antonio Smith wants to show his old team that they should of resigned him and wreaks havoc all game.

Now only if we could get him to do that every game. He played great yesterday hopefully he keeps getting better.
Yeah, a little added motivation wouldn't hurt...We can use it too, I want to Mario to bullrush and go right through them and if they double and they will...Antonio Smith must remind them...Warner doesn't wanna see any of that again...

Last edited by Air Canada; 10-05-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-05-2009   #55
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yeah, a little added motivation wouldn't hurt...We can use it, I want to Mario to do bullrush and go right through them and if they double and they will...Antonio Smith remind them...Warner doesn't wanna see any of that again...
Freeney absolutely destroyed the LT and the TE/RB, whoever else they put on him quite a few times, I hope Mario can have some success but unfortunately I don't think he's quite the force Freeney is.
Old 10-05-2009   #56
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Freeney absolutely destroyed the LT and the TE/RB, whoever else they put on him quite a few times, I hope Mario can have some success but unfortunately I don't think he's quite the force Freeney is.
Yeah, he did and although Mario isn't Freeney(best pash rusher in the league IMO) I think he will still create some problems back there or at least need extra attention cuz it's not like they have the best O-line...there's match-ups that we need to exploit....I just hope we are successful
Old 10-06-2009   #57
Air Canada
Veteran

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/200...nals-week-four

A good breakdown or preview of the our match-up this week. You see some of the huge comparisons between these 2 teams
Old 10-06-2009   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is kick ass and take names. It refers to beating a military unit so badly that you take their pin/flag/symbol off the board.

Quote:
Freeney is much more a quick move artist no doubt about it. At the same time, he isn't one quarter the run stuffer Mario is. Folks who aren't appreciating how complete a player Mario has become and are just focusing on sacks are really missing out on what we are seeing here in Houston. Mario is a beast.
Old 10-08-2009   #59
Air Canada
Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...dinals-Preview

NFL.com preview
Old 10-08-2009   #60
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans haven't won a road game in October since a 20-10 win over Tennessee in 2004!!

And they are only 2-9 all-time on the road in October.

The Texans have also NEVER won a road game played indoors (0-11). I believe the roof will be closed at UofP.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read