Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2009   #21
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans-Cardinals Week 5 preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The Texans can't get pressure with the front four. Warner is one of the better QBs at reading the blitz. Our secondary can't cover anyone, even the Raiders. Boldin and Fitz don't drop passes like the Raiders.

Texans might win, but I don't see how the Cards' offense will be held down at all.
Actually, the Texans got pressure with their front 4 a fair amount of times today. And, yes, the Cardinal receivers do drop the ball sometimes. Boldin has struggled with the drops the past season. The Cardinals have a mediocre offensive line, a poor running game, an erratic defense, and a dynamic passing attack. We can beat them. But, I'd be foolish to be confident that we'd win... I already tried that with the Jets and the Jags.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #22
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 15 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Man, get this thread off the main page! I don't want to think about no stinking birds. They are our evil twin: stronger, smarter, and sexier than us in every way. They do everything we do except better. Next week is going to be spanking time. And we ain't daddy.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #23
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWade View Post
Man, get this thread off the main page! I don't want to think about no stinking birds. They are our evil twin: stronger, smarter, and sexier than us in every way. They do everything we do except better. Next week is going to be spanking time. And we ain't daddy.

Don't be surprised to see if we match-up well with them...especially against their defense....they can be just as inconsistent as us man calm down...

Last edited by Air Canada; 10-05-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #24
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Actually, the Texans got pressure with their front 4 a fair amount of times today. And, yes, the Cardinal receivers do drop the ball sometimes. Boldin has struggled with the drops the past season. The Cardinals have a mediocre offensive line, a poor running game, an erratic defense, and a dynamic passing attack. We can beat them. But, I'd be foolish to be confident that we'd win... I already tried that with the Jets and the Jags.
Exactly, I feel pretty good about us being able to get pressure up front against there O line and controlling the ball on offense....that's been the key to beating the past couple seasons to beat them...

Last edited by Air Canada; 10-05-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2009   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happens in Arizona, rest assured they will NOT be the pushovers Oakland was. This game will be a tough one. I think this is a good game to find out who these Texans really are.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We have yet to prove any ability to stop, or for that matter, slow down a good passing offense. It's good to have nailed up a win against the Raiders. But let's not get giddy and forget who this win came against...........the Raiders.......a team that has forever not sniffed a playoff game.......for good reason.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #27
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Mostly I just hope we have enough players to suit out after the swine flu gets finished with us :/
Why don't Texans' players get flu shots to prevent from wide spread?
We do have an official hospital for the Texans right? Methodist hospital?

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2009   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I think this game might get ugly for our secondary. The Fitz, Bolden and Breaston against our DB's? Good grief!
Old 10-05-2009   #29
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Vegas has Arizona favored by 4 points.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Personally, I think this game might get ugly for our secondary. The Fitz, Bolden and Breaston against our DB's? Good grief!
Our only hope is the D line and LBs get enough pressure on their QB to force bad throws. If they don't, it's gonna be a very long game for the Texans.

Of course another angle is we suddenly find our running game and dominate the time of possession and keep their offense off the field.

Like I said, we are gonna find out here real quick who the Texans really are.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #31
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Come on...don't forgot our passing game...Andre, Kevin, and OD against there secondary and the way they have been strugglin...I saw what Clark and Wayne did to them and I gotta believe Andre is lickin his chops to get some of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie...
Old 10-05-2009   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Our only hope is the D line and LBs get enough pressure on their QB to force bad throws. If they don't, it's gonna be a very long game for the Texans.

Of course another angle is we suddenly find our running game and dominate the time of possession and keep their offense off the field.

Like I said, we are gonna find out here real quick who the Texans really are.
That would be nice. The Cards have Darnell Docket, who's one of my favorite DT's in the league. The dude's a beast and will give our weak interior a beating if we don't game plan for this dude.
Old 10-05-2009   #33
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Yeah, nice win against Oakland, but I'm already ready to move on to the next match-up... let's get it started.......
Where is the preview?
Old 10-05-2009   #34
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to see Fizgerald do $h:t. Defense needs to show up for this one.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #35
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Where is the preview?
This is our preview...there's no actual preview/breakdown of the game out yet since it's Monday, but I'll be sure to post one here.. when it comes out...
Old 10-05-2009   #36
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL its like fighting our doppleganger
Old 10-05-2009   #37
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Come on...don't forgot our passing game...Andre, Kevin, and OD against there secondary and the way they have been strugglin...I saw what Clark and Wayne did to them and I gotta believe Andre is lickin his chops to get some of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie...
Dont forget JACOBE!!!!!! i think he will step it up once again in the pass game against the cardinals
Old 10-05-2009   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea if we can win this game or not. It all depends on which defense shows up. I don't even know who their running back is but I'm willing to bet he could go for 100 yards if we decide to go back to not playing disciplined.

Our offense SHOULD roll their defense but with Slaton being about as opposite as you can get from one season to the next I'm not as confident.
Old 10-05-2009   #39
Air Canada
Veteran

U can see by the Cards 2 losses what the theme is and what we must do to beat them....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...als-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...1-Cardinals-10

It's pretty clear, pressure Warner and limit his ability to find his guys for those big plays; exploit there secondary with our WRs and control the ball..
Old 10-05-2009   #40
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

If they stop us in the 2nd quarter we are screwed bad...to me so far this season we are only putting up points in the second quarter...titians game 17 out of the 34 points in the 2nd quarter, jags game 14 points out of the 24 points in the 2nd quarter, raiders game 17 points out of the 29 scored...is this a trend i see that will continue? or am i just looking to much into it?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read