Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2009   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Man, this place is DEAD.

A loss? 500 posts in 10 minutes. A win? *crickets*

Guess we know what kind of fans we have.
Old 10-04-2009   #2
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Man, this place is DEAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

I was thinking the exact same thing. Usually, I come in after the game to read what some of ya'll think. Instead, I'm finding old posts from 3 hours ago.
Old 10-04-2009   #3
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe they are at the game........or maybe they just don't get too excited at beating a horrible team

Old 10-04-2009   #4
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

People are quiet when they are happy. They are vocal when they are not. Just the way it is.

Besides, most of TT is at Reliant right now having a good time. It will pick up later.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
maybe they are at the game........or maybe they just don't get too excited at beating a horrible team

Theres no one to pink soap or fire this week, so theres no new threads Thats my thought

Old 10-04-2009   #6
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone is basking in the glow of a Texan's victory.

Just taking it all in with a big smile, and a mild sense of euphoria.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Everyone is basking in the glow of a Texan's victory.

Just taking it all in with a big smile, and a mild sense of euphoria.
That glow seems pretty dull... beating a terrible team, not much offensive production especially on the ground, not much to get excited about and nothing to criticise because how do you judge playing against a team that bad.
Old 10-04-2009   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I still see lots of things that worry me, but why ***** after a win?

Also, the game was won at the half, so the second half gave everyone time to chill. If it would have been a tight game and a win, there would have been more posts (see: Titans game).
Old 10-04-2009   #9
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
That glow seems pretty dull... beating a terrible team, not much offensive production especially on the ground, not much to get excited about and nothing to criticise because how do you judge playing against a team that bad.
The Texans could have fallen to 1-3 with a loss this week to the Raiders.

I for one am going to enjoy the victory and bask in the aftermath of it as much as I can.
Old 10-04-2009   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I think many of the people are at the game. For those of us not at the game, I think some of us are enjoying the victory while others have needed to get back to other activities that need our attention.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #11
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

i made the same point after the tennessee victory.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #12
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 22248 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll get excited when we can put together 3-4 wins in a roll, not just 1-2.

Consistency.
Old 10-04-2009   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Its depressing when the "No Spin Zone" gets 10x the posts during the game than the "Texans Talk" section
Old 10-04-2009   #14
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Its depressing when the "No Spin Zone" gets 10x the posts during the game than the "Texans Talk" section
LOL.

That did not happen.

Very funny though.
Old 10-04-2009   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I had no intention of watching the game today but a lot of what I had planned to do instead ended up washing out so I found myself on the couch as the game started. Here's what I think (even after a 29-6 win)

It was the Raiders.

Steve Slaton still isn't right but then neither is our run blocking so it all kind of runs together.

Ever notice that whenever the other team has an obvious 3rd and long the Texans bring 4 and no more. That seems like almost every single time. Today I saw a play where we were going to bring the house and were really getting after Russell and then when they went for it on 4th and 9 (if memory serves) we went back to bringing 4 and of course they converted. I also couldn't help but notice that a flat-footed and obviously lost Fred Bennett was standing in front of the receiver acting like he wasn't totally aware of the fact that he was at a football game.

It's a good thing that the defense and special teams didn't take a cue from the offense and go to sleep after halftime. That crap will work against the Raiders who are mired in some kind of unbelievable bad mojo but any good team is going to come back from being down 20-6 if we take the entire second half off on offense.

Matt Schaub is having a very good year statistically but I know why he's going to be catching it all year long regardless. I'm not being a hater or anything but damn that man looks awkward and inept playing QB. Yes, he most certainly has better pocket awareness than David Carr did. No, that doesn't really help him much. Today the man looked kind of hungover or something. I was never mad though when he opted not to try and get extra yards or to move the chains. He could be lost for the season trying to get another cup of Gatorade so I don't want him doing anything that intentionally seeks out contact.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have a coach like Cable. The guy looks like a child molester who can't remember where he parked his car for most of the game. Makes Kubiak look like Bill Walsh in comparison.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we have better receivers than the Raiders do. Those guys dropped more passes today than I think I've ever seen one team drop in a single game. It's almost like they're trying to run Russell out of town.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have JaMarcus Russell hanging around our necks like the Raiders do. Vince Young looks reasonable in comparison to this guy. Russell will be out of football in two more years.

Oh yeah, and Jacoby is still, and probably always will be feast or famine.

I can't enjoy this victory. It was over nobody. Our offense shouldn't go into the tank like it does for long periods of time and I predict that they'll start slow against Arizona as well. Hope our defense picked up a little confidence this week. They're going to need it. Fitz and Boldin don't drop passes all day like these chumps did.
Old 10-04-2009   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I just got back from Soldier Field... so when do we get that many exuberant fans in Reliant?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am happy that we won. but let's get real. The Texans played a team that they should have pummeled and finally did what they were expected to do.

I would expect that if we lost to this team, "firing" threads would have surfaced (just like last week)

I can't get too worked up after this game. Let's put a string of wins together against some opponents and hopefully see this place light up

I don't know about y'all. This team has had so many ups and downs that it is hard to get over excited an wins at this point

I loved the defensive play today.. Cardinals are going to bring a challenge to this defense that we haven't seen before this season

I never expected the defense to hold an opponent to 6 points this season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #18
gtexan02
Working?

I guess what worries me most of all about next week is that the Raiders passing game was absolutely shut down because their receivers dropped passes and their QB over threw open guys. Very infrequently did I see a Texan player actually make a good play on a ball. Warner to Fitzgerald is going to be tougher than JaMarcus to DHB or Louis Murphy
Old 10-04-2009   #19
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 22248 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I had no intention of watching the game today but a lot of what I had planned to do instead ended up washing out so I found myself on the couch as the game started. Here's what I think (even after a 29-6 win)

It was the Raiders.

Steve Slaton still isn't right but then neither is our run blocking so it all kind of runs together.

Ever notice that whenever the other team has an obvious 3rd and long the Texans bring 4 and no more. That seems like almost every single time. Today I saw a play where we were going to bring the house and were really getting after Russell and then when they went for it on 4th and 9 (if memory serves) we went back to bringing 4 and of course they converted. I also couldn't help but notice that a flat-footed and obviously lost Fred Bennett was standing in front of the receiver acting like he wasn't totally aware of the fact that he was at a football game.

It's a good thing that the defense and special teams didn't take a cue from the offense and go to sleep after halftime. That crap will work against the Raiders who are mired in some kind of unbelievable bad mojo but any good team is going to come back from being down 20-6 if we take the entire second half off on offense.

Matt Schaub is having a very good year statistically but I know why he's going to be catching it all year long regardless. I'm not being a hater or anything but damn that man looks awkward and inept playing QB. Yes, he most certainly has better pocket awareness than David Carr did. No, that doesn't really help him much. Today the man looked kind of hungover or something. I was never mad though when he opted not to try and get extra yards or to move the chains. He could be lost for the season trying to get another cup of Gatorade so I don't want him doing anything that intentionally seeks out contact.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have a coach like Cable. The guy looks like a child molester who can't remember where he parked his car for most of the game. Makes Kubiak look like Bill Walsh in comparison.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we have better receivers than the Raiders do. Those guys dropped more passes today than I think I've ever seen one team drop in a single game. It's almost like they're trying to run Russell out of town.

It was the Raiders. Thank god we don't have JaMarcus Russell hanging around our necks like the Raiders do. Vince Young looks reasonable in comparison to this guy. Russell will be out of football in two more years.

Oh yeah, and Jacoby is still, and probably always will be feast or famine.

I can't enjoy this victory. It was over nobody. Our offense shouldn't go into the tank like it does for long periods of time and I predict that they'll start slow against Arizona as well. Hope our defense picked up a little confidence this week. They're going to need it. Fitz and Boldin don't drop passes all day like these chumps did.
You must spread the rep...

I'll get ya some time though.
Old 10-04-2009   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I'm just sick of the flip flopping, the crying, the fire <insert name here> and the ridiculous threads that have been popping up. As a result, I've just stayed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read