Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2009   #1
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 127 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The turnaround begins today

Last year I was given a camo Texans hat to wear as my lucky hat during hunting season and the 2nd half of the NFL season. It turns out the hat was not just lucky in the field but was also lucky for the Texans on the field. Over the summer the hat disappeared and my luck and the Texans swagger along with it. I have turned my house upside down several times to no avail Yesterday my wife insisted I paint our laundry room as it had reached an embarrassing state. All my protests about it being Saturday and a college football Saturday at that bounce of her like P-buc off a ball carrier. But as fate would have it my compliance was rewarded as when I puled our washer and dryer out to paint the walls there she lay. A glow emanating from her like the glow from Marcellus's box in Pulp Fiction, my lucky Texans hat! A little worse for wear as it had become part of a large ball of lint and golden retriever fur but still projecting its air of confidence. A few hours later and some TLC and she is back on my bald head and ready for todays victory over the Raiders. In celebration of the return of my hat and the impending Texans victory I have marinated an 8 lb bone in Prime rib and shall celebrate with a feast of beef and spirits followed up; with some spousal liberties. So be prepared to avert your eyes from section 514 as the glow from that section on the first TD could be blinding!

All is right in the world again! (well not all)

Go Texans!

Support our troops

Last edited by Htownsportsfan; 10-04-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #2
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The turnaround begins today

5 $ for your lucky hat =o
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #3
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish we had consistency instead of luck.
Old 10-04-2009   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

We'll take all the karma we can have. Not sure what I did differently during last season's turnaround to contribute. Good hunting, Htown!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #5
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
Last year I was given a camo Texans hat to wear as my lucky hat during hunting season and the 2nd half of the NFL season. It turns out the hat was not just lucky in the field but was also lucky for the Texans on the field. Over the summer the hat disappeared and my luck and the Texans swagger along with it. I have turned my house upside down several times to no avail Yesterday my wife insisted I paint our laundry room as it had reached an embarrassing state. All my protests about it being Saturday and a college football Saturday at that bounce of her like P-buc off a ball carrier. But as fate would have it my compliance was rewarded as when I puled our washer and dryer out to paint the walls there she lay. A glow emanating from her like the glow from Marcellus's box in Pulp Fiction, my lucky Texans hat! A little worse for wear as it had become part of a large ball of lint and golden retriever fur but still projecting its air of confidence. A few hours later and some TLC and she is back on my bald head and ready for todays victory over the Raiders. In celebration of the return of my hat and the impending Texans victory I have marinated an 8 lb bone in Prime rib and shall celebrate with a feast of beef and spirits followed up; with some spousal liberties. So be prepared to avert your eyes from section 514 as the glow from that section on the first TD could be blinding!

Go Texans!
Thank God! I was thinking this was all on our defense.
Old 10-04-2009   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I wear my Dale Jr. camo hat during all Texans games. I wear it frontwards on offense, and backwards on defense. I didn't wear it last week, I wore my red Texans hat, and we lost. The hat is 10-2 so far, I will definitely be wearing it today.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #7
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 5981 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Thank God! I was thinking this was all on our defense.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

We lose every time I wear my Battle Red #80 jersey.

It didn't even make it out of the drawer this morning. Still there. And will stay.
Old 10-04-2009   #9
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go Texans!
Take care of that hat
Old 10-04-2009   #10
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
We lose every time I wear my Battle Red #80 jersey.

It didn't even make it out of the drawer this morning. Still there. And will stay.
Ditto, wtf.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Last year I was given a camo Texans hat ...
.... and where did you place the hat after this game? (Make sure you bookmark this thread so you can find it again next week.)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

naaa all i good when we beat Indy ... untill then all bets are offf if we cant beat indy we are not going to the playoffs and even if we do guess what we will prob see Indy in the playoffs ........
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Ditto, wtf.
I try to match jersey color with the texans. Some sundays i just end up in my texans sweatshirt and hat when i cant find a clean jersey. We kick ass so far this year in my white demeco jersey. We get blown away in my blue andre jersey. We lose to the jags in my red andre jersey. We pummel the raiders in my sweatshirt.

By the way, is there a way to know what jerseys we wear on what sundays? I have to just take a guess, and most of the time i'm wrong.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #14
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

The next two games are the season (even though they are non-divisional, and one is non-conference).

Obviously, going 2-4 would kill our season, but 3-3 would be just fine - at least for now. If somehow we pull out a 4-2 record with two straight wins on the road, the we are really in business...
Old 10-04-2009   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
By the way, is there a way to know what jerseys we wear on what sundays? I have to just take a guess, and most of the time i'm wrong.
There's a list on the Texans page somewhere for the home games. On the road I just assume white.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #16
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
I try to match jersey color with the texans. Some sundays i just end up in my texans sweatshirt and hat when i cant find a clean jersey. We kick ass so far this year in my white demeco jersey. We get blown away in my blue andre jersey. We lose to the jags in my red andre jersey. We pummel the raiders in my sweatshirt.

Yea I figured it'd be appropriate to wear my battle red #80 when we played the Jags and as usual we lost when I wore it. Today I get outta work late and don't wear any Texans gear and we spank them. I think I'm gonna give the Texans gear a rest on Sundays for a while and see what happens.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read