Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2009   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The best dt on our team has been injured

It has been completely baffling to me as to why Okoye has continued to hold down the majority of the playing time while the unquestioned best interior defensive linemen wasn't even active for all the games.

I started pestering Nick Scurfield about a week ago and finally was able to get through to ask Kubiak directly what was the deal. Why is 66 not getting more playing time?

Quote:
Talked to Coach about it today. He said: “I would say DelJuan’s probably been a little bit like our defense, inconsistent. He’s done some good things, he has been hurt. Now, I want everybody to understand that: DelJuan missed his time because of a calf injury. He was just getting over that last week and he played about 15 plays last week, and he’s going to play more this week. So really, his ineffectiveness for a portion of the time was due to an injury.
I like that he doubled back and wanted to make it clear. Thanks Coach. Sure is nice to be able to actually ask direct questions to the coach since the media isn't willing to address actual football specifics. They're too busy letting John McCain ask "Gary, how do you feel after this loss?"

Thanks again to Nick for getting my question directly to Kubiak.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #2
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The best dt on our team has been injured

Thank God! I realize that Deljuan Robinson isn't Jesus Christ in Buda's body but I have been extremely troubled that our coaching staff had him on the bench while Okoye, Zgoniga, and company were getting so many snaps.

Did I mention that I think this team still wins 10-11 games this year?
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #3
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
It has been completely baffling to me as to why Okoye has continued to hold down the majority of the playing time while the unquestioned best interior defensive linemen wasn't even active for all the games.

I started pestering Nick Scurfield about a week ago and finally was able to get through to ask Kubiak directly what was the deal. Why is 66 not getting more playing time?

I like that he doubled back and wanted to make it clear. Thanks Coach. Sure is nice to be able to actually ask direct questions to the coach since the media isn't willing to address actual football specifics. They're too busy letting John McCain ask "Gary, how do you feel after this loss?"

Barrett, I would like to give you 50 Reps, $100, and some "other considerations" for solving this 2 month long mystery. Unfortunately, "I have to spread rep", I'm broke, and I am otherwise committed to my heterosexual mate.

Now, could you get to the bottom of... why we started the season with Dominique Barber as our defacto starting safety. Also, while you're at it, I'd like to know why evil exists and how the universe began. Please get back to me on these questions by Monday!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009   #4
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What, you're not satisfied with Mcfatties 'How do you feel right now?' questions after losses ?
Old 10-03-2009   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Also, while you're at it, I'd like to know why evil exists and how the universe began. Please get back to me on these questions by Monday!
Also, when does the groundhog peek out of it's burrow?
Old 10-05-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Barrett, I would like to give you 50 Reps, $100, and some "other considerations" for solving this 2 month long mystery. Unfortunately, "I have to spread rep", I'm broke, and I am otherwise committed to my heterosexual mate.

Now, could you get to the bottom of... why we started the season with Dominique Barber as our defacto starting safety. Also, while you're at it, I'd like to know why evil exists and how the universe began. Please get back to me on these questions by Monday!
Because his brother is good.
Because man is an animal.
It didn't. It's always been. It's what is. (don't get me started on this theory.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Also, when does the groundhog peek out of it's burrow?
It'll be on a Thursday. It's going to rain that day. Any one else?
Old 10-05-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2009   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well he was listed as questionable with a calf injury on the week 1 injury report (the only week he's been inactive so far). Hopefully the fact that he's been active the last three games, and showed up more against the Raiders means he's over it - or at least close to over it.
Old 10-06-2009   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It didn't. It's always been. It's what is. (don't get me started on this theory.)

There are many theories that is one of the least plausible.
Old 10-06-2009   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Well he was listed as questionable with a calf injury on the week 1 injury report (the only week he's been inactive so far). Hopefully the fact that he's been active the last three games, and showed up more against the Raiders means he's over it - or at least close to over it.
But it was more than that. It was odd how he was used in preseason, specifically how he wasn't the starting DT or even talked about as a possibility as a starting DT. At any point. In fact, during one post practice interview someone asked about him and Kubiak said "who?" as if he didn't even know him by name!

p.s. in other news, for all of you who want answers to some of lifes questions, take note:

apparently there are two of me so be careful to know if you are speaking directly to me or to my apparent twin alter ego as discussed here in this thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...27#post1268727

am I a wizard? what the hell is going on?
Old 10-06-2009   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But it was more than that. It was odd how he was used in preseason, specifically how he wasn't the starting DT or even talked about as a possibility as a starting DT. At any point. In fact, during one post practice interview someone asked about him and Kubiak said "who?" as if he didn't even know him by name!

p.s. in other news, for all of you who want answers to some of lifes questions, take note:

apparently there are two of me so be careful to know if you are speaking directly to me or to my apparent twin alter ego as discussed here in this thread:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...27#post1268727

am I a wizard? what the hell is going on?
Be carefull with that time turner they can be tricky.
Old 10-06-2009   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

A classic from the good old Monkey Island:

Guybrush Threepwood: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Woodchuck: A woodchuck could chuck no amount of wood since a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood.
Guybrush Threepwood: But if a woodchuck could chuck and would chuck some amount of wood, what amount of wood would a woodchuck chuck?
Woodchuck: Even if a woodchuck could chuck wood, and even if a woodchuck would chuck wood, should a woodchuck chuck wood?
Guybrush Threepwood: A woodchuck should chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood, as long as a woodchuck would chuck wood.
Woodchuck: Oh, shut up!
Old 10-06-2009   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

well, since you asked...
What will be the winning Texas Lottery numbers for the 10/7/09 lotto drawing.
AND, unlike DaleMurphy, I'll actually PAY you if you're right
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...that's std. logs/decade where a std. log is 2 ft long by 4" in dia.
we engineers hate it when the units are left off
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #16
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because Okoye is one of the top two DT's on this team. And a 4-3 defensive line requires 2 DT's. Why is that so confusing?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
*folds road map the wrong way*
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
what do engineers know about std's?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry the Woodchuck pulled a hammy and can no longer chuck unless he upchucks.
Old 10-06-2009   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
what do engineers know about std's?
You must not know too many engineers.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read