Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2009   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To the naysayers

We made Mistakes and we let ourselves get behind 31 to 24

Then The Refs Took Over and Ended the Game the way they wanted.

We battled back to tie and eventually Win But the Convicts took over and Shazam, We lose and the Refs Win cause they had money bet on the game.

If you want to Bash the Team Then you Must Bash the most ineffecient and Cheating Refs I have ever seen.
Old 09-30-2009   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To the naysayers

ever the optimist, right on!

Last edited by jaayteetx; 09-30-2009 at 01:09 PM.
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

This is such a sore loser thread. I was at the game, Jacksonville was the better team in the second half, we could not stop them. The "refs" blew the game if their names were Jones-Drew, Bennett, Brown, etc. etc.
Old 09-30-2009   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
We made Mistakes and we let ourselves get behind 31 to 24

Then The Refs Took Over and Ended the Game the way they wanted.

We battled back to tie and eventually Win But the Convicts took over and Shazam, We lose and the Refs Win cause they had money bet on the game.

If you want to Bash the Team Then you Must Bash the most ineffecient and Cheating Refs I have ever seen.
I Boo you. That's pathetic.
Old 09-30-2009   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see them swallow their whistles a little more in such a game deciding situation but in no way would I put the refs as a reason the Texans lost. Technically, they are correct but I don't think I would've pulled a flag on that, biased or not. In that situation to call offense on a guy who clearly had no intention of it...I just find that a bad call, even if they are technically correct.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to go Joe!!

Old 09-30-2009   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense is still one of the worst in the league. That's not "naysaying", it's just sayin'...

I'm a Texans fan until the end of time, though. I still have some kind of weird optimism that this season ain't over at this point. Maybe it's delusional, but it's all I've got, so I'm running with it.
Old 09-30-2009   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I'd like to see them swallow their whistles a little more in such a game deciding situation but in no way would I put the refs as a reason the Texans lost. Technically, they are correct but I don't think I would've pulled a flag on that, biased or not. In that situation to call offense on a guy who clearly had no intention of it...I just find that a bad call, even if they are technically correct.
Technically correct call, but horrible judgment to throw the flag. I doubt a single coach or person would have noticed and complained about a non-call on that play and it was a critical play. But can't say it decided the game, heck it didn't even decide no overtime the way the D was playing.
Old 09-30-2009   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Bunch of negative nellies!!

Our defense is going to hold JaMarcus Russell to under 250 yards in the air and a QB rating under 80.
Old 09-30-2009   #10
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest problem was the phantom holding call on Walter. I don't see how an offensive player can be called for pass interference when they're not involved in the play. Not only was the defensive player in the way, but the ref was as well. There was no penalty. It became basically a non-issue, though, because the Texans battled through it and got to the 2-inch line.

I have not had a chance to go back and watch the end of the game (I went straight from Reliant to the airport Sunday), so I can't say with certainty whether or not they blew the call on the fumble. Something that close, however, should go in favor of the ball carrier and should be left up to the defense to challenge.

Other than that, I didn't have a problem with the officiating. BUT I don't like the horse-collar on Schaub that AGAIN wasn't called, even though he appeared to me to be out of the pocket and on the move both in this game AND the Jets game. Horse-collars are dangerous and they should just outright ban them and not leave it up to judgment calls during the course of play.

Our Texans blew this game, not the refs. Letting MJD bust loose for a 61-yard run is inexcusable. As is not stopping them on 3rd and 10, followed by a 60+ yard passing TD by Garrard. And 2 3-and-outs in the 4th quarter doesn't help any either. The refs may have affected us on one touchdown, but at least 3 others are attributable no bad play.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
The biggest problem was the phantom holding call on Walter. I don't see how an offensive player can be called for pass interference when they're not involved in the play. Not only was the defensive player in the way, but the ref was as well. There was no penalty. It became basically a non-issue, though, because the Texans battled through it and got to the 2-inch line.
Think "pick" play.
Old 09-30-2009   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Our defense is going to hold JaMarcus Russell to under 250 yards in the air and a QB rating under 80.
I just hope we're not his slump buster .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #13
J. Sean Wonton
Veteran

Rep Power: 83 J. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respectedJ. Sean Wonton is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They could do that if they stayed off the field.
J. Sean Wonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #14
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think "pick" play.
There were two opposing crossing patterns 5 yards apart. The ref was in the way as well as the defensive player. If memory serves, Walter had his head turned and was looking for the ball, not the player. That's not a pick, that's a route.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 197748 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think "pick" play.
Eric Winston said that he thought Walter's route was supposed to go deeper toward the back of the endzone and he thinks he got knocked off track .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

They got calls in the Titans game according to many and now people are nitpicking this loss with ones against. That is a horrible mentality to have. If you look at every game there are a ton of missed holds, borderline calls, etc. But unless it just makes or breaks a game then teams lose on their own accord. The defense stunk and the Jags outplayed and outhearted them when it came down to it. As for the fumble, they got it right. There was no way to tell whether the inch between his left knee and the ground was there but he should have held onto it. I'm a big believer that a team wouldn't have to point to these things if they did the things it took to win on the field. And believe me, I think many NFL refs are cadavers who couldn't find their ass with the help of a proctologist.
Old 09-30-2009   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
There were two opposing crossing patterns 5 yards apart. The ref was in the way as well as the defensive player. If memory serves, Walter had his head turned and was looking for the ball, not the player. That's not a pick, that's a route.
I agree with you. I'm sayin' what the zebra saw. It was a bad call.
Old 09-30-2009   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd be more prone to blame our historically bad defense...but that's just me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I just hope we're not his slump buster .
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Sean Wonton View Post
They could do that if they stayed off the field.
I was trying to be optimistic since Russell is averaging about 125 ypg and has a rating of 39.8
Old 09-30-2009   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

meh.....The Texans suck until they quit sucking. It's really pretty simple.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read