Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2009   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Kubiaks Job on the line vs the Raiders ? King Solomon says "Yes"

The Texans host Oakland on Sunday in the most important game of Gary Kubiak's head coaching career.

No hyperbole here. That's the way it is going to be all season for the Texans' fourth-year head coach.

Kubiak is pretty much where Cecil Cooper was early in the baseball season: in a must-win situation. If his team loses Sunday, he will pretty much be in a can't-win situation.
No doubt, Kubiak's job is on the line this week.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6644030.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Kubiaks Job on the line vs the Raiders ? King Solomon says "Yes"

From that same article:

Quote:
The results are more important than the explanations.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #3
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's going on with the legs and feet?
MightyTExan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
Looks like MJD put a move on him too on that 61 yarder.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Solomon is the biggest flip flopper this year. His articles were negative after week 1 and 3, and uber positive after week 2. Dude is a bandwagon writer. Reminds me of a common fan.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Texans fans are in a no excuse state . This was to be the year the Texans finally made a playoff push and to see that the gap is still a mile wide is inexcusable .

If the Texans lose to the Raiders , I can see the parking lots staying full until the 2nd quarter . This means less sales on food and beer , and less give a crap . If Bob wants to avert this situation ... he's got to do something . I cannot believe that after an offseason of changes , the defense got worse ... this is talent evaluation or lack off .
Old 09-30-2009   #7
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really give 2 hoots what Jerome thinks or says since he seems to be unable to figure out what he really thinks. However, I understand his dilemma. I do agree that we have to win this game against the Raiders period. I don't care if Kubiak's job is on the line - I do care that we go into the road games 2-2 - that at least gives us a chance to make something of this season.

My hope is that the team comes out as determined to win as they were against the Titans. If they don't, it is going to be yet another very long Sunday.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2009   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

People still read the Queen???
Old 09-30-2009   #9
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Like he'll get fired if he loses this game?

No. Expectations are low right now and if he can't even meet that then I believe Kubiak's bandwagon will be less and less full until sometime after the year he gets the pink slip. We are not a group who utilizes "sudden change"
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #10
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Solomon is the biggest flip flopper this year. His articles were negative after week 1 and 3, and uber positive after week 2. Dude is a bandwagon writer. Reminds me of a common fan.
I don't think his articles (or the fans reactions to the Texans play) is a result of flip flopping, it is a reaction to the inconsistent play of the team. It should be no surprise that his articles (and the reaction of the fans) is negative when we start the season by laying an egg AT HOME or when we lost to a division rival that we should have beat, at home. Similarly, when we beat the Titans on the road, in a street fight, praise was due.

I think from here on out (unless we go on some long winning or losing streak), I think you can expect a more watered down reaction to the games.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Boogie woogie baby, boogie woogie!!
Old 09-30-2009   #12
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Firey coach on the road.
Ho Hum coach in the J-ville game.

They guy needs to quit TALKING about being consistent, and start
BEING consistent. This team came out lackadaisical against the Jags,
and was HELL-ON-WHEELS against the Titans. I'm proud of Texans fans,
and some members of the media, who refuse to kiss the teams ass when
it UNDERACHIEVES. This team has the ABILITY to be 11-5, but it's
playing like a 6-10 CHUMP!!! Keep this team's feet to the FIYAAAHHH!!
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 40925 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Like he'll get fired if he loses this game?

No. Expectations are low right now and if he can't even meet that then I believe Kubiak's bandwagon will be less and less full until sometime after the year he gets the pink slip. We are not a group who utilizes "sudden change"

Given the history of this franchise I fully expect the Texans to make JaMarcus look like the second coming of Payton Manning. Its our history.

Sadly I have never 'expected' a win going into any game, and I still don't.

Low expectations I know, but how many games have we lost that we were 'expected' to win?

Just think about it, both of our co-ordinators and our general manager are trainees.
I have never bought into the McNair cheapskate theory, but sometimes I do wonder.

Will Detroit win more games than Houston this year? Personally, I wouldn't bet against it.

If the Texans don't make the playoffs this year I suspect McNair will clean house.

Old 09-30-2009   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see the texans fire kubiak after the game (who would they promote? baby shan?) but i think the writing would be on the wall. defensively there is no one to promote and would there be anyone out there and would we even want someone from our current system?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19115 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I think Solomon is right, if the raiders pull a win and it's another lackluster performance by us then yes I think he'll be fired.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think "Texans history", whatever that means (a jinx, bad luck, bad karma),
is a non-starter. And McNair like most owners is bascically a hands-off type as compared to the minority of owners like a Snyder in DC or a Jones in Dallas who are more active and tend to be more interventionists.
The best opportunity for success is obviously the right HC, and when somebody like a Kraft in NE or a Lurie in Philly get a good one, they're smart enough to hold on to them indefinitely. I honestly think McNair will be in that group eventually (if he lives long enough), but he may have to kiss a few more frogs before he finds the right one ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

No way he gets fired midseason. But a loss this weekend will give McNair a lot of time as to who he should target.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
No way he gets fired midseason. But a loss this weekend will give McNair a lot of time as to who he should target.
Agreed. McNair does not strike me as a fire his HC mid season kinda guy.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #19
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9284 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the roach said that then the truth is Kubes isn't going anywhere. That dude has never been right his whole life.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Years from now we will look back on this picture as Kubiak's "Jack Pardee moment".

Old Oiler fans know what I'm talking about. With Pardee it was the headset. With Larry Dierker it was the sunflower seed stuck to his bottom lip. With Rudy T. it was the disheveled hair and tie. With Dom Capers it was the gaping mouth.

And with Gary Kubiak, it's the crazy feet and Denny's menu.

All nice, upstanding men who eventually lost their teams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read