Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-30-2009   #1
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default USC RB Johnson recovering from weights accident

Earlier today I heard about the story linked below:

USC RB Johnson recovering from weights accident

And I thought to myself ~ How in the heck could this happen? I pumped a little iron in my youth and never had any problems. Nor had I heard of anyone having any problems. Then I looked it up on youtube and what I saw made me cringe.

My TOP 5 Bench press accidents ~ not for the faint of heart

How some of these dudes survived is beyond me.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: USC RB Johnson recovering from weights accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Earlier today I heard about the story linked below:

USC RB Johnson recovering from weights accident

And I thought to myself ~ How in the heck could this happen? I pumped a little iron in my youth and never had any problems. Nor had I heard of anyone having any problems. Then I looked it up on youtube and what I saw made me cringe.

My TOP 5 Bench press accidents ~ not for the faint of heart

How some of these dudes survived is beyond me.
He must have not had a spotter, I don't understand that at all?

As far as the vid of the top 5 accidents, no thanks, I'll pass, I don't need that in my head.
Old 09-30-2009   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never had the bar slip out of my hand. I have missed a few times while racking the weight though. Scary, but that's what a spotter's there for. Maybe his spotter didn't have time to grab the bar until it had already landed on his neck?
Old 09-30-2009   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've never had the bar slip out of my hand. I have missed a few times while racking the weight though. Scary, but that's what a spotter's there for. Maybe his spotter didn't have time to grab the bar until it had already landed on his neck?
I think that is probably what happened. That is what he is there for though. At least push it out to his chest if you can't catch it. That's just a bad situation all around.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mu understanding he had a spotter in his area but not right there with him. That is why I only bench women rather than weights. If you slip at least you die happy. Seriously, he is a very lucky guy. Last I heard, a muscle kept his air way open so he could breathe.
Old 09-30-2009   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Mu understanding he had a spotter in his area but not right there with him. That is why I only bench women rather than weights. If you slip at least you die happy. Seriously, he is a very lucky guy. Last I heard, a muscle kept his air way open so he could breathe.
I think you are right. I think what was said is that his neck muscles are so thick that they were able to absorb most of the impact and that did indeed keep his airway open.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

bench pressing is dangerous, even with a spotter. Especially when you start putting up substantial poundages. I hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read