Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005   #41
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

When I said "gay", I wasn't referring to his sexual orientation. I was referring to his skills. When he was with the 49ers, I thought he would be a good QB for them. But once he started "choking", he wasn't as good as I thought he was. Why do you think the Browns let him go after one season?

Last edited by BattleRedRaider; 02-18-2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-18-2005   #42
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I would hope that we have gotten past the point where a persons sexual orientation doesn't determine whether or not he is a good football player.

why just because its 2005 ??? i havent gotten over it !
Old 02-19-2005   #43
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
why just because its 2005 ??? i havent gotten over it !

No, not because it's 2005, but because our country as gone through slavery, a civil war, women's suffrage, the civil rights movement, and the gay rights movement.

All of which were fighting for equality.

There is also that document called the Declaration of Independence which states that all men are created equal.

I would just like to see some information that shows that a homosexual man can not run an effective route, pick up a blocking assignment, cut the corner and take it downfield, throw a football, or knock the living day lights out of a receiver when he goes across the middle, just as well as a heterosexual man.

Last edited by Texans Pride; 02-19-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2005   #44
rhc564
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
No, not because it's 2005, but because our country as gone through slavery, a civil war, women's suffrage, the civil rights movement, and the gay rights movement.

All of which were fighting for equality.

There is also that document called the Declaration of Independence which states that all men are created equal.

I would just like to see some information that shows that a homosexual man can not run an effective route, pick up a blocking assignment, cut the corner and take it downfield, throw a football, or knock the living day lights out of a receiver when he goes across the middle, just as well as a heterosexual man.
...you must have a boring life...lighten up a little
Old 02-19-2005   #45
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Not nice. Texans Pride is one of the best posters on this board.

I think we're all old enough to know there are likely homosexual pro football players and certainly they are entitled to play as much as anybody else is....

The thread started to swerve when I mentioned that TO said Jeff is gay and I think that's been debunked since he's dating some hot Playmate model as somebody posted. Jeff will find a job with some team and make his millions and probably continue with his Playmate.
Old 02-19-2005   #46
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Look plain and simple,

JEFF GARCIA SUCKS, he could never win a big game and when he did, he would find a way to screw things up the next week to a team that was below 500 and lost to them by 20 or more points. The guy should of stay in Canada and freeze his @$$ up there instead of coming to the States and trying to prove what he really wasn't. And why would you all want him, the Texans already have decent back ups and there is 1 player that u all need to keep an eye on after he comes back from injury and that guy is B.J. Symons. That kid has an arm to kill for, and with this offense he is going to put up some very good numbers. And dont be surprised if he is second string by this year cuz he has all the weapons a QB wants.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2005   #47
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhc564
...you must have a boring life...lighten up a little

Hey rhc564, I'm all about good humor and razzing people, but I'm pretty sure there are some homosexul people who like football, and I'd even bet we have some on the boards that wouldn't find being discriminated against very funny.

But that's just my opinion, you surely are entitled to yours as well.

Gotta love the dancing banana...that gets me every time.

BTW, thanks WWJD
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2005   #48
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

hey Texans Pride, you know you are the only one here complaining? You take things too seriously. I'm sorry if the statement offended you, but [Rhc564]has a point there. And to make the point clear, I wasn't calling Jeff Garcia "gay" because he likes guys. It's just a way of saying he is a bad player. Try to keep up with our generation. "Gay" doesn't just mean "happy" anymore, you know.
Old 02-22-2005   #49
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i'm not saying a gay guy cant play football, personally i dont agree with gays. You wanna talk about movement ? ok maybe i should start a movement for serial killers our even rapists to be released, what can i say a sin is a sin, so one can sin openly so should the others !!!! Just cause he's a good football player doesnt mean i have to like him or agree with the homosexual movements for equality. So women wanna be equal well how about the next time they draft "which they will" women get drafted as well, and then we'll see how fair they want it ! Sorry ladies i just feel fair is fair and most obviously agree !
Old 02-22-2005   #50
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'm not saying a gay guy cant play football, personally i dont agree with gays. You wanna talk about movement ? ok maybe i should start a movement for serial killers our even rapists to be released, what can i say a sin is a sin, so one can sin openly so should the others !!!!
Killing is against the law, and being gay is not. This has to be the most ignorant comment of the year.
Old 02-22-2005   #51
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i'm not saying a gay guy cant play football, personally i dont agree with gays. You wanna talk about movement ? ok maybe i should start a movement for serial killers our even rapists to be released, what can i say a sin is a sin, so one can sin openly so should the others !!!! Just cause he's a good football player doesnt mean i have to like him or agree with the homosexual movements for equality. So women wanna be equal well how about the next time they draft "which they will" women get drafted as well, and then we'll see how fair they want it ! Sorry ladies i just feel fair is fair and most obviously agree !

I frankly don't get the rage...Garcia has said he's not gay and that was Terrell Owens that was starting all those rumors in some interview or in his book.

As far as I know there are no openly gay NFL players. The ones that have "outed" themselves I mean. I am entirely paraphrasing but Jeff said he was not gay, had a girlfriend and didn't know why Terrell would say that.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read