Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2005   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jeff Garcia a Texan?

What do we think? The Browns released him. Maybe it would come in and be a back up to DC. . . I think it's highly unlikely, but hey, you never know.
Old 02-15-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i figure the organization wont like a few of the qualities he posesses, and u think Peek is wild on the field he'd be worse in the same locker room as Garcia !
Old 02-15-2005   #3
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ther are about 4 or 5 teams that will probably take a hard look at Garcia as a starter. I have no idea why the Browns let him go, he had a couple of good games last season and had problems with an injury but it's not like he had a lot of talent around him in Cleveland. The Bears, Cardinals, and maybe even Lions will look take a good look at him I think. There is pretty much no way he ends up here even as a backup, he will probably want at least a decent amount of money.
Old 02-15-2005   #4
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. I don't want him in Houston. Too much baggage.
Old 02-15-2005   #5
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Nope. He will want to much money to be a backup. Besides we are grooming Ragone to be our backup and maybe one day trade him to be a starter somewhere. I think Tampa Bay is a serious player for him, and we will have to watch how this year's QB carrosel very closely. Drew Bledsoe was just kicked out of Buffalo, and we still got the Drew Brees-Phillip Rivers situation in San Diego, the Matt Hasselbeck problem in Seatle, and I have heard Joey Harrington could be cut as well.
Old 02-15-2005   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
...u think Peek is wild on the field he'd be worse in the same locker room as Garcia !
Huh? Is there some history between Peek & Garcia?
Old 02-15-2005   #7
texansfan88
All Pro

Peek and Garcia have never met on the same football field...ever...
Sponsored links
Old 02-15-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Garcia doesn't have a good enough arm for this offense. We need a guy who can throw down the field in our vertical passing game. Garcia's weakness is the long ball, and he is more of a scrambling, wco type passer.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Old 02-15-2005   #9
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my wacky scenario:

Garcia signs with the Lions to rejoin his old coach.

Lions release Harrington.

Texans sign Harrington to back up Carr........

actually, forget I just typed that.
Old 02-15-2005   #10
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Yeah the Texans sign the QB that was taken right after Carr to back him up...........that would be funny right there I don't care who you are. How many times has two QBs from the same 1st round of the same draft been together on a rooster? (Just a ?)
Old 02-15-2005   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
How many times has two QBs from the same 1st round of the same draft been together on a rooster? (Just a ?)
I don't know how many times that's happened, but it did happen in 1980 with the Raiders. Jim Plunkett came off the bench early in the season to replace an injured Dan Pastorini. The Raiders went on to win the Super Bowl. Plunkett was the 1st pick in the '71 draft, Pastorini went #3.
Old 02-16-2005   #12
THEFUTURE
All Pro

he is an overrated, product of a system, that only succeeded because of TO
Old 02-16-2005   #13
SESupergenius

So every time a player gets released are we going to see the inevitable "[INSERT PLAYER NAME] a Texan" thread?

Old 02-16-2005   #14
THEFUTURE
All Pro

lets hope not, i dont feel like answering any Drew Bledsoe a Texan, or Kurt Warner a Texan, or anyone else.. WR's and situations that are real, i understand.. but we dont need a quarterback to push DC, like his counterpart Joey Hoey apparently needs says steve marriuchi (SP?)

Last edited by THEFUTURE; 02-16-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2005   #15
Andre Carr
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
So every time a player gets released are we going to see the inevitable "[INSERT PLAYER NAME] a Texan" thread?
yeah that tends to happen everywhere though .

I just dont see Garcia taking a back up job .
Old 02-16-2005   #16
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Gotta have something to do during the off season.
Old 02-16-2005   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope. Then Terrell would just go on ESPN and say Carr is gay or one of the coaches has a crush on Garcia and that's why they got him. Pass him up. I think he'll end up in Tampa or Detroit.
Old 02-16-2005   #18
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

He is not a product of a system, he is simply good in a system, the west coast offense. I loved what he showed me with the browns, but you could tell he needed that west coast offense. So no, he doesn't fit with you guys, but he would fit in Detroit
Old 02-16-2005   #19
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Huh? Is there some history between Peek & Garcia?

haha my bad i mean he'd be crazy with a gay guy in the same locker room as him, i worded it all wrong. My bad !
Old 02-16-2005   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Garcia isn't gay.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read