Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2009   #1
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 219 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Bearer of Bad News

So let's assume we win this Sunday, which is an awfully big assumption at this point. Then guess what, at ARI-Loss, at-Cincy-Loss, Here-San Fran-Loss, at-Buff-Loss, at-Indy-Loss, BYE, Here-Tenn -Loss, Here-Indy-Loss, At Jax-Loss, Here-Seattle-WIN (maybe, they have a good DEF), At Rams-Win OMFG 2 in a row-DAVID CARR GO CUT YOUR HAIR!!, at Miami Win, Here-Pats-Loss. So how does 5-11 sound? And we could very well lose vs Seatlle they have a decent Defense, so 4-12 or at best 5-11. Disgusting. Season Tix holder since day 1 and man, I'm sick of giving my money away to a herd of gutless and heartless punks. So, I've already made up my mind, I'm selling my tix next season and will continually do so until proven otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna go to games, it's just that you can buy tix for 1/3 to 1/5 of cost in the lot, hell people practically give'em away. So why do i wanna give these laughing stocks of the NFL my hard earned cash....I'm not. As you can see by my post count, I don't post to often. But I read this forum alot and eveything that's negative and being thrown at the FO. HC, and Personell is 110% deserved. Jack Del Rio was laughing at us man! Because he knew in his heart of hearts that our team would be underprepared and terribly coached. He knew that even if we scored the that TD with 2 minutes to go, they would have an eternity to go what? 40-50 yards for the field goal;we hadn't stopped them all day why would we then? They owned us in the 2nd half. A team that does not have near the talent level we have kicked our primadonna asses in our own back yard. DONE
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #2
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bearer of Bad News

That's not bearing bad news. That's predicting doom and gloom. Unless, of course, you are a time traveler.
Old 09-29-2009   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes your just predicting the season chill out
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

where are your season tickets at, I might buy them.
Old 09-29-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Don't get so down...we get to see 8 great teams play here every year!
Old 09-29-2009   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Truth is, if our defense can improve from HORRIFIC to JUST MEDIOCRE, our
offense is good enough to drop 30 on all of those teams. We're just asking
our defense to hold teams to under 20 points. We don't need them to be
great. They just need to limit the 50-yard runs and get off the damn field
on all the 3rd and 25's they're forcing.

Honestly. It's frustrating watching this defense create turnovers in every
single game, stop teams on 1st and 2nd downs, then give up a 3rd and 10+
conversion. They fix that, all of those games you listed could easily be
wins.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #7
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Truth is, if our defense can improve from HORRIFIC to JUST MEDIOCRE, our
offense is good enough to drop 30 on all of those teams. We're just asking
our defense to hold teams to under 20 points. We don't need them to be
great. They just need to limit the 50-yard runs and get off the damn field
on all the 3rd and 25's they're forcing.

Honestly. It's frustrating watching this defense create turnovers in every
single game, stop teams on 1st and 2nd downs, then give up a 3rd and 10+
conversion. They fix that, all of those games you listed could easily be
wins.
Trying to see the bright side, Reeves could do a lot to stop that. Oh, we'll still give up 12 on 3rd and 11. But those absolutely murderous 60+ yard off to the races TD runs should be drastically reduced.

So the optimist in me says we die a slightly slower death. It's the best I got right now, sorry.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2009   #8
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Trying to see the bright side, Reeves could do a lot to stop that. Oh, we'll still give up 12 on 3rd and 11. But those absolutely murderous 60+ yard off to the races TD runs should be drastically reduced.

So the optimist in me says we die a slightly slower death. It's the best I got right now, sorry.
I actually cant wait till Reeves gets back
Old 09-29-2009   #9
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 219 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
where are your season tickets at, I might buy them.
136 row W 4 seats
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #10
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah we might as well not even play the games, we're going to lose anyways...

I'm not happy by any means right now, but is it wrong that I hate most Texans fans? I mean you guys root for the right team, but the second something goes bad you want to fire/cut everyone!

It seems as though the average Texans fan would basically cut everyone but Andre, Mario, and DeMeco...
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #11
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51302 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, the humiliating losses really bring out the quality threads...
Old 09-29-2009   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
It seems as though the average Texans fan would basically cut everyone but Andre, Mario, and DeMeco...
fans are fans. It is who we are, we live week by week during the football season and react to what the team does. If they lose we call for their heads, if they win we dream about super bowls. How is that any different from any other fan base?

I've been visiting a few other fan boards lately, and our behaviour on this board is no different from theirs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-29-2009   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: The Bearer of Bad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Wow, the humiliating losses really bring out the quality threads...
lol no joke. Forget good conversation about football. Lets start 100 different threads about random crap. Im going to start one about Zac Diles costing us the game because he didnt buckle his chinstrap one play in the 2nd quarter.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaad View Post
That's not bearing bad news. That's predicting doom and gloom. Unless, of course, you are a time traveler.
Well then allow me to sport the appropriate avatar. Our so-called "easy" schedule is looking a lot tougher now that we know that Texans SUCK.... AGAIN.
Old 09-29-2009   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
lol no joke. Forget good conversation about football. Lets start 100 different threads about random crap. Im going to start one about Zac Diles costing us the game because he didnt buckle his chinstrap one play in the 2nd quarter.

I'd have cut him for that if I was the head coach but then obviously Kubiak has no heart and coaches with no fire.
Old 09-29-2009   #17
BY1401
14-2*

Rep Power: 12 BY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden coverBY1401 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
fans are fans. It is who we are, we live week by week during the football season and react to what the team does. If they lose we call for their heads, if they win we dream about super bowls. How is that any different from any other fan base?

I've been visiting a few other fan boards lately, and our behaviour on this board is no different from theirs.
Quoted for truth.

-Jim Caldwell 12/23/2009
BY1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #18
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
High praise indeed.
Old 09-29-2009   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I did not see that and maybe you are just being sarcastic, but I will roll with your comment. This would be a "basic" that all players in NFL should be able to do like blocking and solid tackling. I still see Texans trying to push opponents down or throwing a side block hoping to stop the runner. How about a decent tackle wrapping your arms around a guy's legs and bringing him to the ground. Hey trying to strip the ball is ok but not if the player holds on and gains more yardage before being brought down.
Old 09-29-2009   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
[/b]I did not see that and maybe you are just being sarcastic, but I will roll with your comment. This would be a "basic" that all players in NFL should be able to do like blocking and solid tackling. I still see Texans trying to push opponents down or throwing a side block hoping to stop the runner. How about a decent tackle wrapping your arms around a guy's legs and bringing him to the ground. Hey trying to strip the ball is ok but not if the player holds on and gains more yardage before being brought down.
I'm starting to see this more and more at all levels of football. Where the hell have the basics gone to?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read