Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2009   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gary's press conference

link:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...62&play_clip=y
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #2
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gary's press conference

ho humm...just waiting and hearing laughing in the background
Old 09-28-2009   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

no fire. just a bunch of good ole boy coachspeak and excuses.

he said bussing did some good things out there but played like a first time starter....excuse

if he isn't good enough to not make horrible plays, find someone else who can
Old 09-28-2009   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I like the General referencing the defense in his first year and now. But then he asked, "How did you get out of it then that will help you get out of it now?"

Well John, looks like the same crappy defense!!!
Old 09-28-2009   #5
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

*cough, cough*....boy he's blowing smoke...I can make smoke rings out of my butt there so much of it....
Old 09-28-2009   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

he is just too niiiiice of a coach. he won't even say the defense stunk. 'we can play better' is all you get.

its his fault we have a loser like Bush at DC. its on you, Gary.

i am sick of his loser attitude

oh and memo to coaches, the safety rotation thing just isn't working...maybe address it in the draft..

..just sayin. did we need another TE or OL that bad that we wasted picks when there were Safety's available that are probably better than that loser Bussing
Old 09-28-2009   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

"I think its time to fix some of the issues we've been having. I think its time to play consistently in a game"

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllllllllly?
Old 09-28-2009   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

pretty short presser.

well time to get ready for Oakland, I guess. just keep doing what hasn't worked up to now, Gary.

why you would expect a different outcome, I will never know.
Old 09-28-2009   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't even watch it, it'll just piss me off.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #10
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was an interesting note about the long MJD run. He stated that Jacksonville ran the same play on the first play of the game for a 1 yard gain. They were in the same D scheme when they ran it again for the 24th play of the game and he broke it for 61 yards. It all falls on the players IMHO. The right play was called for the defense, but they only executed it right the first time. That's how I took it and I do believe it.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it sounds like Frank Bush's job is more than safe with Kubiak at the Helm.
He put it all on the players. He said Frank called a good game. He did say that some players are going to get a chance to play in place of some that are hurting the team. For sure he mentioned Jamison and Nading from the practice squad. Maybe Okoye will get benched.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
no fire. just a bunch of good ole boy coachspeak and excuses.

he said bussing did some good things out there but played like a first time starter....excuse

if he isn't good enough to not make horrible plays, find someone else who can
so you were expecting 'yeah john that busing is awful, just terrible'?

i love how every week we lose, you guys expect him to go all todd haley & hang his players out to dry.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
pretty short presser.

well time to get ready for Oakland, I guess. just keep doing what hasn't worked up to now, Gary.

why you would expect a different outcome, I will never know.
I thought the tone was plenty critical. He doesn't believe in calling out individual players and I respect that. My problem is his reluctance to replace them on the field. However, according to the presser, that will be happening starting this week. If I read the hints correctly, the following is true:

1. He's very unhappy with Bennett's play.

2. Pollard will be getting plenty of snaps at SS this week.

3. He's very unhappy with some members of the DL (I can only hope it's my man, Okoye) and Nading and/or Jamison will be on the 53 man roster this week... I wonder who is going to be waived?... perhaps nobody, and CThompson will be put on IR.

other things of note:

1. Slaton is still missing some cutbacks.

2. The 60 yd TD was the identical play with the same defensive call as well as the 1st running play of the game, when the Texans stopped him for 1 yard.

3. CBs will be lining up tighter in coverage, even in zone schemes.

4. He thinks they should've had 3-4 sacks but the guys just aren't making the play.

5. Bush's job is safe.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
I thought it was an interesting note about the long MJD run. He stated that Jacksonville ran the same play on the first play of the game for a 1 yard gain. They were in the same D scheme when they ran it again for the 24th play of the game and he broke it for 61 yards. It all falls on the players IMHO. The right play was called for the defense, but they only executed it right the first time. That's how I took it and I do believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Well it sounds like Frank Bush's job is more than safe with Kubiak at the Helm.
He put it all on the players.
He said Frank called a good game. He did say that some players are going to get a chance to play in place of some that are hurting the team. For sure he mentioned Jamison and Nading from the practice squad. Maybe Okoye will get benched.
well the players put it all on the players too. and by gary's frustration, you should be able to infer that hes getting annoyed with the constant meltdowns the players are having too
Old 09-28-2009   #15
MannyFresh
El Capitan

He said absolutely nothing we don't already know, only thing is, HE didn't say or address anything!

John Mclane asks him "are happy with Antonio Smith"....from Kubes "wuuuuwuawua, wuawua, wuawua" (Charlie Brown muffled trumpet)

Johm Mclane ask "are you happy with ANYONE?" again Kubes..."wuaaaa, wuawuawuawua"

How bout some killer instinct and throw some folks under the bus!!!!

Last edited by MannyFresh; 09-28-2009 at 05:02 PM.
MannyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #16
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I thought the tone was plenty critical. He doesn't believe in calling out individual players and I respect that. My problem is his reluctance to replace them on the field. However, according to the presser, that will be happening starting this week. If I read the hints correctly, the following is true:

1. He's very unhappy with Bennett's play.

2. Pollard will be getting plenty of snaps at SS this week.

3. He's very unhappy with some members of the DL (I can only hope it's my man, Okoye) and Nading and/or Jamison will be on the 53 man roster this week... I wonder who is going to be waived?... perhaps nobody, and CThompson will be put on IR.

i agree with the rest of your pts but where did you pick that up from? no doubt hes pretty pissed at bennetts play like us all but i didnt think he mentioned fred specifically at all?
Old 09-28-2009   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
He said absolutely nothing we don't already know, only thing is HE didn't say or address it!

John Mclane asks him "are happy with Antonio Smith"....from Kubes "wuuuuwuawua, wuawua, wuawua" (Charlie Brown muffled trumpet)

Johm Mclane ask "are you happy with ANYONE?" again Kubes..."wuaaaa, wuawuawuawua"

How bout some killer instinct and throw some folks under the bus!!!!
real enlightened. im going to go out on a limb & say you've never been a member of a team sport before? (good) coaches dont hang their players out to dry publicly
Old 09-28-2009   #18
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
1. Slaton is still missing some cutbacks.

2. The 60 yd TD was the identical play with the same defensive call as well as the 1st running play of the game, when the Texans stopped him for 1 yard.

3. CBs will be lining up tighter in coverage, even in zone schemes.

4. He thinks they should've had 3-4 sacks but the guys just aren't making the play.

5. Bush's job is safe.
Just to add to that Kubiak said that guys were unblocked and free to the qb and still didn't make the play. He stressed that they have to make those plays. It still boils down to the fact that we don't get pressure on the qb even when a man runs free. Too many times the Texans defense has made mediocre qbs look like probowlers by giving them way too much time in the pocket.
Old 09-28-2009   #19
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Just to add to that Kubiak said that guys were unblocked and free to the qb and still didn't make the play. He stressed that they have to make those plays. It still boils down to the fact that we don't get pressure on the qb even when a man runs free. Too many times the Texans defense has made mediocre qbs look like probowlers by giving them way too much time in the pocket.
I cant remember any blitz getting to garrard. He would just step up in the pocket and throw to a WR being played 10 yards off by the CB. ugh
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

I saw Garrard get hit as he threw a few times but our guys are always late to the party.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read