Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2009   #41
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Win or Lose

Monday's just wouldn't be the same without your rants CB.
Old 09-28-2009   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Monday's just wouldn't be the same without your rants CB.
It's not just a rant, it's called the truth.......whether people want to believe it or not. I'm not just some negative guy...a talk about what's going on and has been going on. I'm not going to lie to myself or anybody else and act like this crap we've been watching is normal. (It's not normal...all you have to do is look around the league to see that.) If I had more positive stuff to talk about, there would be plenty of positive posts.

Every year we have to watch losing teams make one personnel decision that turns around their team, while every single year.....Houston sucks in FA or makes some other crappy decisions and is stuck in the mud of mediocrity.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-28-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #43
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Same here texan till i die. People look at me funny when i wear my battle red jersey in san antonio with a look like "Why?" but everyweekend i wear it proudly. I wasn't saying our team doesnt have problems, i just dont want people giving up on our team already, we still have alot more games to go and a lot more football to play.
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #44
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

And another thing........threads like this really bug me.

Anybody who took their time to register to this board and takes time out of their day to post on it is more often than not, "A FAN". So it's completely rediculous for people to start threads like this questioning other posters' "fanhood" or loyalty to their team. The only people that did those things (register and post) and aren't fans are the rival fans of other teams who post on this board.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-28-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2009   #45
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

btw since we're on fans... who the hell was that 'fan' that was nodding off during a big 3rd down play in the 4th(?) quarter that they showed on tv? that was embarassing as hell- although still only the second most embarassing thing that happened yesterday after the defence
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #46
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'm not going to lie to myself or anybody else and act like this crap we've been watching is normal. (It's not normal...all you have to do is look around the league to see that.) If I had more positive stuff to talk about, there would be plenty of positive posts.
I think that's what I was trying to say but I used way too many words.

This team deserved a free pass for the first few years. It was an expansion team starting with nothing and it didn't get the sweetheart deal that CAR and JAX got when they came in. Even tossing in the first 3-4 years as freebies, though, other teams have made big moves in the standings since then. Our big move was going .500. That's sad. This is a big market with a great stadium and constant sellouts. We've done our part as fans. Where's the reward on the field?

Every time this team "turns the corner" it ends up being a cul-de-sac.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #47
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
btw since we're on fans... who the hell was that 'fan' that was nodding off during a big 3rd down play in the 4th(?) quarter that they showed on tv? that was embarassing as hell- although still only the second most embarassing thing that happened yesterday after the defence
LOL, yeah I saw that too......only thing I can think of is the guy must've started hitting the sauce REAL early. LOL
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2009   #48
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we were a yard away from tying the game. yes our defense had some gaping holes, but why all the "sky is falling" talk? we weren't a playoff team coming into the season...unless you're one of those hapless fools who listen to the so called experts at The Chron.

chill out...we're on the right path. or don't chill, make crazy assed posts, and live miserabely. either way, the Texans are going to do what they feel is right and not what a MB thinks.
Are you kidding me? We struggled against a 0-2 team that has less talent than we do.

The sky has been falling for a long while. This team cannot produce wins on a consistent basis, nor can they even field the same attitude week to week. That's 4 years of Kubiak's reign that has produced nothing but inconsistent results. Gary seems to like to stay the course, and that course is 8-8.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #49
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Anybody who took their time to register to this board and takes time out of their day to post on it is more often than not, "A FAN". So it's completely rediculous for people to start threads like this questioning other posters' "fanhood" or loyalty to their team. The only people that did those things (register and post) and aren't fans are the rival fans of other teams who post on this board.
Look this post was not suppose to be bashing everyone on here saying there are not fans. This was to the people who are giving up on our team after 3 games. If you are gonna give up on the team this early or even at all you are not a true fan. Ever since day one i back up the texans 100% from david carr, dominick davis, to drafting andre, im here and ill never give up on the texans
Old 09-28-2009   #50
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I haven't, nor have I seen anyone, question anothers fanhood by questioning their criticism.

For me, I prefer rational, constructive criticism...something this board usually has, but the knee jerk, fire/bench/demote/I quite posts are just pretty pointless.
Old 09-28-2009   #51
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Quote:
I haven't, nor have I seen anyone, question anothers fanhood by questioning their criticism.

For me, I prefer rational, constructive criticism...something this board usually has, but the knee jerk, fire/bench/demote/I quite posts are just pretty pointless.
My point exactly rep this guy up
Old 09-28-2009   #52
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 151691 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
Look this post was not suppose to be bashing everyone on here saying there are not fans. This was to the people who are giving up on our team after 3 games. If you are gonna give up on the team this early or even at all you are not a true fan. Ever since day one i back up the texans 100% from david carr, dominick davis, to drafting andre, im here and ill never give up on the texans
You could probably do well to learn how to differentiate criticism and frustration from completely giving up on the team.

/end thread.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #53
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Are you kidding me? We struggled against a 0-2 team that has less talent than we do.
our offense hung 300+ passing yards on them. on the other side of the ball, it is debatable rather we have more talent than their offense.
Old 09-28-2009   #54
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Many of the fans have been here a loooong time and don't need the lecture imo. Hell, many of the fans here were posting on the NFL2002 board that was up before the team had a name. If we stick with this crap this long you can bet we are "true fans". First I've seen of you in 8-9 years though. Here or at the official site of the Houston Texans. just sayin'
Rep your way... I've run the circuit of fandom, I was one of the loudest complainers about negativity. We've reached a point, heck, we've surpassed it a long time ago, where we can sit back and take the product put on the field. I was one of those NFL2002 posters and no one was happier and more optimistic than myself. I hated those that complained, I felt we were lucky to have a team, so why all the bitching? Well folks, enough's enough, I can't swallow that kool-aid BS, I wanna read the TRUTH, and the veteran posters here deal it in spades IMO
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #55
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
He wasn't the only one, the guy sitting in front of me slept from the beginning of the 3rd quarter, until Dunta forced the fumble.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #56
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

My kids are very grateful for this MB. I vent my frustrations out on my keyboard, rather than preaching to them!! We all have Kevin to thank for a place to go where we can VENT, and at the same time share opinions with our fellow Texan friends. I have learned so much from members of this board!! I think we all believe we can respectfully agree to disagree on some issues, but, when its all said and done, we are on the same TEXAN bandwagon, and most of us will ride it to the end!!! JMO!

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #57
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the Board BrandonLwowski, I will say give it some time, most of us have been around this board a while (the software on this board used to be the one used on the official board , (If I am correct) .. There is highs and lows on this board just like there is on the Texans on gameday .. I can't and won't speak for others on her.. my frustration is that we have arguably the most talented team (overall) that we ever have and the offense turned it around pretty quickly with Kubiak.. the defense, has gotten worse. Maybe the guys are thinking too much instead of just playing, I don't know.. I can understand game one coming out and the defense sucking .. and I had some patience with that ...titans game was hell on my nerves and this game I saw NO adjustments (or noticed).. that is my frustration .. maybe I am pushing the panic button right now a bit.. but I don't buy the "it is only game 3" next week . this season is a quarter of the way through and in the NFL , it is a sprint not a marathon This team historically comes out sluggish and brings false hope when the games become meaningless in terms of the playoff picture . the offenses we have faced are not powerhouse offenses and that has got me nervous. Can the defense turn it around? They better because as fast as our offense can score points, the defense just about gives it away just as fast
as I posted on another thread

Quote:

if I counted everything right from NFL.com

drives and scoring drives against the defense
jets 12 drives with 4 Scores (1 drive ended the half, 1 ended the game)
Titans 13 drives with 5 scores (none ended game/half) we had 2 TO
jags 11 drives with 5 scores (1 drive ended half, 1 ended game and 1 TO)

so if i counted correctly

we have 36 drives with 14 scores (2 ended half, 2 ended game 3 TO)

3rd /4th down percentages

jets 10/18 on 3rd, 2/2 on 4th
Titans 5/16 on 3rd ,2/2 on 4th
Jags 5/11 on 3rd ,1/1 on 4th

totals so far

20/45 on 3rd ,5/5 on 4th

add in total yards given up
jets 462
titans 420
jags 398

Ugly
with that said.. Next Sunday I will be watching and cheering and the Sunday after that and so on.. good or bad ...
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
jets 462
titans 420
jags 398
HA!! Right there shows improvement!!
Old 09-28-2009   #59
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

true TB .. maybe my frustration has been building worse this year because I am watching this team while sober the whole time
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #60
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
true TB .. maybe my frustration has been building worse this year because I am watching this team while sober the whole time
Ah-ha!! Sober huh?? That's got to be freakin' brutal... I can't do it... BTW, I was being facetious. Those numbers are absolutely pathetic.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read