Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2009   #1
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Win or Lose

I am gonna be a Texans fan no matter what. Im new to this site and so far im not liking some of the fans on here. People on here say our team is awesome and badass when we win, then when we don't win, fire this guy, our team sucks, we are only gonna win 6 games. I hate all this negitive talk. Yes i know, our defense is slacking bigtime but that doesnt mean ima give up on them this early nor am i ever gonna give up on them. If your ready to give up on our team already you are not a true fan. I know we have alot of problems to fix but i think we will be alright. so i you are giving up already, just stop being a texans fan
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #2
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
I am gonna be a Texans fan no matter what. Im new to this site and so far im not liking some of the fans on here. People on here say our team is awesome and badass when we win, then when we don't win, fire this guy, our team sucks, we are only gonna win 6 games. I hate all this negitive talk. Yes i know, our defense is slacking bigtime but that doesnt mean ima give up on them this early nor am i ever gonna give up on them. If your ready to give up on our team already you are not a true fan. I know we have alot of problems to fix but i think we will be alright. so i you are giving up already, just stop being a texans fan
Welcome to the site and I hope you stick around, it's a great place to talk all things Texans.

About your post, you have to understand a few things that you may not have uncovered yet. A LOT of posters here, including myself, are diehard Texans fans that aren't going anywhere, a large number of fans here never miss a home game or Texans event, some of us live out of town and get do all the events but crave every little morsel, tidbit of info that we can scrape of the internet to get our "fix".

That being said, we have thousands of dollars invested in this team in the form of season tickets, Texans gear, etc. And sometimes frustration runs over, sometimes you got to call a spade a spade when there are glaring problems on the field. People deal with it in different ways. After you are here awhile you'll figure out the posters here a little better, some are always positive, some think the sky is falling, and some are inbetween and more even-keeled through the highs and lows.

But I would venture a guess that 95% of the people here are in it for the long haul. That does not mean the team is above criticism, because they are not. However, it's the internet so you will see a fair share of knee jerk reactions and rants even from almost any poster, the passion just can't be cut off like a light switch when the clock strikes triple zeros.
Old 09-28-2009   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I think its the fact that this team really should be much better then it is, thats what is so frustrating. I mean, I can't talk from experience, since I've only been following the Texans since last year...but it seemed like this was the year the Texans were finally "getting over the hump". Everyone was saying Texans were going to the playoffs, and I'm not saying its not a possibility anymore(still way to early call that)...but the way the defense is playing...it doesn't look likely yet.

Some people believe a coach like Singeltary is needed.
Others believe we might as well draft a whole new D.

I believe, do whats necessary to win.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's sad we have these type threads several weeks every GD year. WTF has this team done to earn and keep our support for 8 freakin years? Nothing! We keep supporting them anyways because that's what we do. Why? Who freakin knows?!
Old 09-28-2009   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Win or Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
WTF has this team done to earn and keep our support for 8 freakin years? Nothing! We keep supporting them anyways because that's what we do. Why? Who freakin knows?!
LMAO. Fact.

I bet that's too long, otherwise I'd make it my new sig.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #6
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It's sad we have these type threads several weeks every GD year. WTF has this team done to earn and keep our support for 8 freakin years? Nothing! We keep supporting them anyways because that's what we do. Why? Who freakin knows?!
Fact is uglier than the "all is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds" fiction in the eyes of Panglossian fans who think that there's really nothing wrong with the team.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a love/hate thing for everyone. Still plenty of football to be played. One thing for them to lose to elite teams, another thing to lose the games yours suppose to win at home. We all give them a pass on the jets game now. It was still a terrible showing. This jax game was one they Had to win. Everyone had them winning this one. Go Texans
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2009   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

the Texans are my team no matter what. Doesn't mean I won't rag on them when I think they deserve it though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Exactly the point of my post, everybody above me in this thread just vented their frustration and has a right to do so, I have been around here long enough to know you guys arent' going anywhere, your just tired of the lack of progress from this team as am I.......I was just trying to relay that to the OP since he hasn't been around that long, that everyone is frustrated. Just because we are pissed off doesn't mean we aren't fans, hell that's why we are pissed in the first place.
Old 09-28-2009   #10
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

True blue here - I am slow to anger but once I hit have hit a certain level I get hot. I will always root for the Texans but I have learned from other fans on here it is OK to voice displeasure with how things are or are not progressing - the coach does it, the players, the media, so why not the fans?

I will never turn my back on the team or wear a bag over my head to a game but I will sure as hell light a fire under someones ass if given the chance - and I hope the organization does more of this. I find voicing my displeasure through this portal has proven to be somewhat therapeutic - hopefully it works for you. Hopefully someday in the near future we will have something to share positive views on - hopefully it starts next week and hopefully it is about how our defense has finally stopped blowing plays and instead are getting turnovers and sacks left and right. That would do a lot for our confidence level on here and you might finally see the blue skies and rainbows on here - well we have already seen too many rainbows from our soft defense, maybe we could all settle for some Steel Blue Skies!

Go TEXANS!
Old 09-28-2009   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not that I'm not a true fan. I've been down since day one. I look at the play of our team and the play of other teams and predict Ws and Ls from there. I predicted this loss. We got plain lucky against Tenn. Did we fight hard for the win, yes we did. However we played bad defense and got some lucky bounces and since we didn't turnover the ball we won.

I managed to stay away from the game to keep my blood pressure down, but I'm still ticked we lost, especially how we lost.

Go down the schedule and look at our team's previous games and tell me what you see. Don't think with your heart. I'm staring at a possible 2-3 stretch which would put us at 3-5 right before Indy. It's okay to assume this way. It doesn't mean you are not a true fan. Matter of fact it makes it easier to swallow the loss.

Now that all can change if the team changes. But they haven't shown change have they?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #12
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

You just have to realize that there are some posters that believe in a 60 second solution to everything - even things one has no control over.

If the Texans lose - you will see all the "Fire" one person or another or all of them posts. because that will solve all the problems the Texans have.

Some just have to rant and rave after a loss to make them feel better, regardless of the fact that they usually have a change of opinion they next day. But they are in a bad mood and have to make sure everyone else gets into a bad mood also.

Others will avoid the board after a loss as it gets extremely negative. We do nothing right, nobody knows what they are doing, we suck at this or that or everything. The QB throws for over 300 yds and 3 (really 4) TD's but he is the reason we lost because he could have played better.

Very few on this board are reasonable after a loss - maybe it is the beer intake. But it is best to just wait till Monday when heads are a little clearer. At least the negativity is more constructive and reasonable after heads have cleared.
Old 09-28-2009   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Many of the fans have been here a loooong time and don't need the lecture imo. Hell, many of the fans here were posting on the NFL2002 board that was up before the team had a name. If we stick with this crap this long you can bet we are "true fans". First I've seen of you in 8-9 years though. Here or at the official site of the Houston Texans. just sayin'

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #14
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

True dat Grams.
Old 09-28-2009   #15
dickieb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Many of the fans have been here a loooong time and don't need the lecture imo. Hell, many of the fans here were posting on the NFL2002 board that was up before the team had a name. If we stick with this crap this long you can bet we are "true fans". First I've seen of you in 8-9 years though. Here or at the official site of the Houston Texans. just sayin'
Just because someone doesn't post on a message board doesn't mean they aren't a fan of a team. Hell I usually get in trouble from the old lady because I am consumed or obsessed with the Texans - and I don't even get on here as much as I would like. I was an oilers fan and a Texans fan from before they were a team but didn't even find it until a couple years ago, but I don't think posting on here is a requirement of determining if you are a fan. just sayin'
Old 09-28-2009   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Most posters know my history of Oiler fan since team team began and ended. Long time Rocket fan and Astro fan. No longer the latter though a new coach such as Biggio may bring me back. I work the draft boards on Texans and debate and argue all the time. My number of posts say something about my loyalty. Having said that, I leave my house for work at 6:30 & do not get home until 5:30 to 6 based on traffic on the 40 mile (one way trip). I leave church at 11:45 AM whether the preacher is finished or not so I can be in front of the TV at kick off. My relaxation time is very important to me due to the type of work I do and every hour is valuable. So when a team stinks it up, I say so. I am quick to compliment but just as quick to say a negative. "It is what it is" as the owner of the company I work for likes to say. When the team says dire need is a power back for at least two years and we keep signing sucky old, often injured running backs, I complain. When another dire need is to stop the run and we have an opponent go for touchdowns with basically no one touching the guy three games straight, I frown. When a QB has one game looking like a possible pro bowler sandwiched between two games where the QB looks like spam on moldy wheat, I get irritated. No I am not jumping ship-yet; but I sure expect better play than I have seen.

One of the things I have been working on is profanity and I was doing pretty well until our big power back fumbled at the goal. Do you know how embarassing it is to revert to my old ways in two seconds?
Old 09-28-2009   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
Just because someone doesn't post on a message board doesn't mean they aren't a fan of a team. Hell I usually get in trouble from the old lady because I am consumed or obsessed with the Texans - and I don't even get on here as much as I would like. I was an oilers fan and a Texans fan from before they were a team but didn't even find it until a couple years ago, but I don't think posting on here is a requirement of determining if you are a fan. just sayin'
It just looks bad dickieb if someone shows up after a few posts and starts calling folks out. Few of us need our loyalty questioned after thousands of posts concerning the Texans. Some fans put up with more than others.
Old 09-28-2009   #18
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67402 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks like someone has overdosed on battle red koolaid!

Old 09-28-2009   #19
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 61397 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
...Im new to this site and so far ...
From your post, probably coulda figured that one out. Mainly from the often heard snippets "I'm a fan...", "people whining after a loss...". "we'll be alright..." (and the icing of) deciding of what makes a fan, which in your case was "giving up".

Glad you found the board and welcome. Agree with above - it's just venting and various posters at different levels of WTF's. Stick around a bit, you may actually come to love us.... if we don't brainwash ya first.

Starting the 8th year like this, after self imposed high expecations (again) during the offseason and preseason - we'll it's just a yearly reality check with the Texans.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieb View Post
never said that. If you are gonna come in and question our "fanhood", that's fine, but many, many of us have been here from the start and there isn't any question that we are fans so if you want to call us out, at least try to figure out where you are when you are doing it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read