Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2009   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2-2 or 1-3 ??

So, we got Oakland coming up next. It's our last home game before that road trip of four of the next five on the road. Will we be 2-2 or 1-3 heading into that road trip?

We'll have Arizona, Cincinnati, Buffalo and Indy on the road after Oakland. SanFan at home in the middle.

Before the bye week, after the Indy road game, I'm predicting a 3-6 or 4-5 record. If our defense still sucks by the time we get to Indy the season is over with.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2-2 or 1-3 ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So, we got Oakland coming up next. It's our last home game before that road trip of four of the next five on the road. Will we be 2-2 or 1-3 heading into that road trip?

We'll have Arizona, Cincinnati, Buffalo and Indy on the road after Oakland. SanFan at home in the middle.

Before the bye week, after the Indy road game, I'm predicting a 3-6 or 4-5 record. If our defense still sucks by the time we get to Indy the season is over with.
We'll be 2-2. I've hired Tanya Harding's people to go to Oakland and make all their runningbacks cry.

=======================

Seriously, as down as the Texans must be, I don't think the Raiders have much at all going for them on either side of the ball. Texans have a little payback for the Raiders and should have a little payback to the fans before hitting the road.

For the Texans to open at 9.5 point favorites against anyone says volumes about the state of the Raiders.
Old 09-28-2009   #3
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

1-3.

Expectations are low. Expect this to be Darren McFadden's coming out party. I predict he'll have 150 yards and 3 TDs. Michael Bush will chip in 60 or so yards and a TD.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Flip a coin. The Texans are as random as a six sided die. Good defense good offense? Bad defense bad offense? Good offense bad defense? Bad offense good defense.

The Texans are ANYTHING but consistent. Like i said, flip a coin.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #5
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

1.5-2.5
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #6
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

1-3 cause we can't pressure with our front 7 if we were trying to penetrate a wet paper back which makes our bad secondary look even WORSE.

Prepare for run right till we can find a way to stop it.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #7
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

1-3 cuz if they really come out in WHITE it will be over before it begins.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2009   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, does it matter?

This team isn't going anywhere with the type of defense they've fielded this season. 2-2, 1-3, who cares? Once the defense can prove they're NFL worthy, I might begin to care. Until then, meh!
Old 09-28-2009   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

What does vegas think? pattern is go against them. Does Jamarcus go off on us or Mcfadden?
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #10
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest...I think you guys will win this one. The way JaMunchies Ruffels is playing atm, I expect a blow out. This guy is a bust, I think even Cable knows he's a bust...but we all know the only Head Coach the Raiders have is Davis, and since Davis has a man-crush on Mr. Fatty, I doubt he'll be benched anytime soon. And if he is, good ol' Davis will have a press conference most likely blaming the pick of JaOff-The-Marc Russell on Kiffen.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
To be honest...I think you guys will win this one. The way JaMunchies Ruffels is playing atm, I expect a blow out. This guy is a bust, I think even Cable knows he's a bust...but we all know the only Head Coach the Raiders have is Davis, and since Davis has a man-crush on Mr. Fatty, I doubt he'll be benched anytime soon. And if he is, good ol' Davis will have a press conference most likely blaming the pick of JaOff-The-Marc Russell on Kiffen.
I'm not really ready to discuss this game yet, but any offense in the league can score points on us right now. It doesn't matter who the QB is.
Old 09-28-2009   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Flip a coin. The Texans are as random as a six sided die. Good defense good offense? Bad defense bad offense? Good offense bad defense? Bad offense good defense.

The Texans are ANYTHING but consistent. Like i said, flip a coin.
Sad, but true. Good post.

Or is it? Is Super Mario trolling us, or simply speaking his mind? Is he right or wrong? Does a bear shit in the woods or sometimes in the river? Let's ALL be random. We are the Houston Randoms and there is no telling what we can do from day to day.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #13
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will be at a 2-2 record after next week. Hopefuly Slaton will be able to run all over the raiders. After getting more than 6 yards a carry against the jags he can get some td's and get his confidence back. Saying that if slaton is running like he should be then the play action will work. In that case i see it as a blow out if our defense can stop McFadden, which is no MJD, Chris Johnson, or Thomas Jones.
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #14
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think McFadden is a little overrated, and that if we played Bush, we would have a better chance at winning the game. That being said, HOU-TEX, the only way the Raiders could possibly win this game is if your D does not even show up on the field. The Big Man can chuck balls down the middle like no other...but thats about it. DHB should of never been our 1st pick, we could of easily gotten him in the 2nd round. He's still a rook so I'll give him time, but he is missing some catchable balls.

I am the type of guy that says anything can happen come gameday, but in this case, I am 100% sure that the Texans will come out on top.
Old 09-28-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That being said, HOU-TEX, the only way the Raiders could possibly win this game is if your D does not even show up on the field.
Why would that be any different than the last three weeks?
Old 09-28-2009   #16
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bwahahaha!!! That's funny Kulluminatii. Darren McFadden and Micheal Bush are licking there chops right now. They know that the Texans can't stop them. The defense will make Russell look like Peyton Manning on Sunday. I have no confidence in this team. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Raiders walked all over the Texans. It's totally possible.
Old 09-28-2009   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
I personally think McFadden is a little overrated, and that if we played Bush, we would have a better chance at winning the game. That being said, HOU-TEX, the only way the Raiders could possibly win this game is if your D does not even show up on the field. The Big Man can chuck balls down the middle like no other...but thats about it. DHB should of never been our 1st pick, we could of easily gotten him in the 2nd round. He's still a rook so I'll give him time, but he is missing some catchable balls.

I am the type of guy that says anything can happen come gameday, but in this case, I am 100% sure that the Texans will come out on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Why would that be any different than the last three weeks?
Exacly, and?
Old 09-28-2009   #18
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Why the hell would you guys throw the ball? Just run it every single play. Or throw it out of bounds on 1st and 2nd down then run it on 3rd and long - it seems to work for everyone else.
Old 09-28-2009   #19
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

I see what you guys are doing, you are letting yourselves down now so that when you guys do win...it will feel that much better...I'm onto you guys.

Seriously though, there are a lot of similarities between the two teams. The Raiders have a solid D, but a craptastic O. Whereas it is flipped when talking about the Texans. Coaching-wise, I believe you guys have us beat. You guys have quite a number of coaches while all we got is Al Davis. I would LOVE to have an 8-8 season right now, its been 6 long years since we have won more then 5 games.

Believe it or not, the Texans are in the better position to win the game. Whether the D decides to step it up and man-handle an already weak offense...thats up to them.
Old 09-28-2009   #20
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see what you guys are doing, you are letting yourselves down now so that when you guys do win...it will feel that much better...I'm onto you guys.

Seriously though, there are a lot of similarities between the two teams. The Raiders have a solid D, but a craptastic O. Whereas it is flipped when talking about the Texans. Coaching-wise, I believe you guys have us beat. You guys have quite a number of coaches while all we got is Al Davis. I would LOVE to have an 8-8 season right now, its been 6 long years since we have won more then 5 games.

Believe it or not, the Texans are in the better position to win the game. Whether the D decides to step it up and man-handle an already weak offense...thats up to them.
Stop it! You're hurting my ribs!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read