Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2009   #61
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I dont want to call out anyone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Look, if mediocrity is fine with you, then that's fine. As long as he's not the main culprit for this weeks loss we'll let him take the whole week off, how does that sound?

As a matter of fact, since "the reason" we lost this week, was because the defense couldn't get off the field, let's let the whole offensive & special teams have the rest of the year off of practice.

No reason to try to get better there, because we're already perfect, and waiting on the defense to catch up so we can start bringing the Lombardies home to Houston.

We had 10 offensive possessions yesterday, we only scored on 4 of them. 2 were 3 & outs, 2 others we were forced to punt, because we couldn't cross mid-field. So all together, there were 4 possessions were our offense couldn't cross mid-field. then we had 2 turnovers, one field goal, and 3 TDs.

6 out of 10 possessions ended with no score. Only 4 ended in scores. That's less than 50%.
No, I'm not fine with mediocrity which is why I'm not blaming Schaub. He passed for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns. He had Houston at 2nd and goal from the 1, but they ran the ball. He's tied for 2nd with Peyton Manning in the NFL in touchdown passes with 7 (only behind Brees). His play has not been average or below average. He's played really good football the past two games. I'm not saying he should take the week off, or can't get better, just that you can't really put any of the blame on him for this loss. You want to blame Chris Brown for fumbling or the defense for giving up 31 points for the 2nd consecutive game? Fine, but putting any blame on Schaub who passed for 300 yards, 3 touchdowns, and led them down to the one yard line in the final two minutes seems dumb. Now if you want to talk about mediocre why not put blame on the defense? Giving up 31 points the past two games is worse then mediocre. You aren’t going to win too many games giving up 31 points in this league. Am I fine with mediocre? No, but the QB wasn’t mediocre.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
C'mon...you can't give up 30+ points a game and expect to win many games...that is it period as long as the offense puts points on the board.
credibility is hard to attain and easy to destroy. That said, some people don't care if their argument is ridiculous. It's usually the same guys.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #63
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
C'mon...you can't give up 30+ points a game and expect to win many games...that is it period as long as the offense puts points on the board.
GNTLEWOLF, meet thunderkyss.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
GNTLEWOLF, meet thunderkyss.
C'mon... I'm not saying that we should be able to win every game even if we give up 30 pts.

I'm saying we could've won yesterday, even though we gave up 30 pts.

I'm saying some of the guys on this board think everything is rosey if we win a game, and everything is crap when we lose.

We played the same way against Tennessee that we played against the Jaguars, the only difference was we got a W in Tennessee. That game was huge for the Texans.

My point is.. (& I'm not calling any specific names) if you weren't as upset after the loss to Tennessee as you are today, you have no right to be. That was the same defense we saw in Tennessee, against the Jets, & in the Pre-season for all you "preaseason doesn't matter" folks.

I may be the only one with this train of thought, & I may be out of my mind, & I may not have a lick of "football knowledge" But I'm not crying about the same crap that I knew we were going to see.

Instead, I'm saying we all need to get better on both sides of the ball.

There will be a game when the "big reason" we lost, was because of turn-overs, and someone will get a goofy nickname (Rosencoptor) for doing the same things we cheered him for the game before.

There will be a game when everybody else realize, "hey, we can't win games if we don't score in the second half."

There will be a game when everybody else realize, "hey, we can't win games, if we can't cross midfield on most of our possessions."

Then there will be that game that everyone will realize, again.... "hey we can't win games if we don't put the ball in our best players hands."

Hey, we lost the game yesterday because we gave up 30+ points, and big plays on the ground, & we suck on 3rd downs. But there will be a day, when that won't be the problem. If our coaching staff is like you guys, then we'll attack problem #2 on the list. If our coaching staff is like me, then all these other problems will be addressed, as we fix the defense.

4 possesions in the second half, and 3 points to show for it. Yeah, Matt Schaub did all he could do. So did Slaton, Chris Brown, AJ, Walter, Jacoby Jones, the offensive line, Kyle Shanahan & Alex Gibbs..... they were the nuts.

This loss is 100% on Frank Bush & the defense, what was I thinking? We should totally be able to win games, when our offense plays for 30 minutes, then wait for the defense to score a touchdown.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 09-28-2009 at 05:09 PM.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #65
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the insight. Can't wait for coach tk to drop another long-winded analysis of a nothing play after watching it on DVR.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
Thanks for the insight. Can't wait for coach tk to drop another long-winded analysis of a nothing play after watching it on DVR.
unfortunately, I forgot to set my DVR.
Old 09-28-2009   #67
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree TK . it still was a winnable game but defense is flat out giving up the points as fast as the offense can put them up

too bad Gilbride and Buddy Ryan wasn't here

I wonder if KG would punch BR

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2009   #68
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DeMeco agrees with you
Quote:
Houston Texans LB DeMeco Ryans
(on what happened out there) "We didn't play good defensively, obviously. We can't expect to give up 31 points and win the game. We just can't do it. I'ts unacceptable. We have to find a way to get better on defense. We've got to make plays."
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
DeMeco agrees with you
I'm sure everyone agrees with him.

But we could've won yesterday.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read