Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2009   #41
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: I dont want to call out anyone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We gave up 30+ last week, and still won, so that can't be it.
C'mon...you can't give up 30+ points a game and expect to win many games...that is it period as long as the offense puts points on the board.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #42
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you don't think Peyton expects to make a perfect throw every time, even with pressure in his face?

All I'm saying, is that Schaub could have played better.

Even after giving up 30+ points, we still could have won the game.

Are you denying either/both of those?
????

Expecting to make a perfect throw and being ABLE to make a pefect throw every time are two different things, don't really know what you're trying to get at there. LOL, I'm sure just about EVERY NFL QB expects to make a perfect throw....just like every athlete in every sport expects to make the right play, but they don't.

And Again, I'm not sure how much "better" Schaub could have played......he played great, just like he did the week before.

As far as how we could've won the game, well yeah.........we could've won the game if the defense even played to a mediocre level, but they played well below that.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #43
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lord, what is the world coming to when a guy who throws for 657 yds, 7 TDs and 1 pick over 2 games & it's still not enough?
Tell me about it
Old 09-27-2009   #44
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The coaches did Schaub a disservice by going away from the run game that was being productive in a close game and letting the defense pin their ears back on our QB.
Old 09-27-2009   #45
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Well after we watching

Bushing
and mcain did play Badly Bushing was benched

i didnt see GLover or our other rookie that i forgot the name of

Bullman needed more snaps

and Casey did play but was innactive

we did leave some points of the board in the 4th Q But hey at the end that was a bogus call on walter and brown fumbled Ball scurity is a MUST esp for a secondary Running back
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
????
As far as how we could've won the game, well yeah.........we could've won the game if the defense even played to a mediocre level, but they played well below that.
& even after playing crappy defense... which you should have expected. We were still in position to win this game.
Old 09-27-2009   #47
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

even the announcers said the call on walter that costed us a TD was bogus
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2009   #48
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
& even after playing crappy defense... which you should have expected. We were still in position to win this game.
Yeah and the back fumbled the ball........also you're ignoring one of the reasons why we were in position to win the game was because of Schaub's play....it's tough to have it both ways. If he has even a average day, Houston doesn't have a shot in hell to win that game.

If Schaub has even a average day last week, we'd be sitting here talking about a 0-3 team. I mean you keep saying "we were still in position to win this game"...WTH do you think that was? Our defense didn't keep us in the game
Old 09-27-2009   #49
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
even the announcers said the call on walter that costed us a TD was bogus
It was, but that happens in the NFL...
Old 09-28-2009   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah and the back fumbled the ball........also you're ignoring one of the reasons why we were in position to win the game was because of Schaub's play....it's tough to have it both ways. If he has even a average day, Houston doesn't have a shot in hell to win that game.

If Schaub has even a average day last week, we'd be sitting here talking about a 0-3 team. I mean you keep saying "we were still in position to win this game"...WTH do you think that was? Our defense didn't keep us in the game
& you're ignoring the fact that our defense forced the fumble that gave us the ball, and allowed Schaub to do his thing.

Shaub sucks.

Shaub needs to get better.

Shaub is perfect.

All three of those statements are different. I said & believe the second one.

Schaub cost us the game.

Schaub could play better.

Schaub played a perfect game.

Again, three different statements. I said, & believe the second one.
Old 09-28-2009   #51
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
& you're ignoring the fact that our defense forced the fumble that gave us the ball, and allowed Schaub to do his thing.

Shaub sucks.

Shaub needs to get better.

Shaub is perfect.

All three of those statements are different. I said & believe the second one.

Schaub cost us the game.

Schaub could play better.

Schaub played a perfect game.

Again, three different statements. I said, & believe the second one.
Well......let me stop and thank the defense for getting a turnover. I mean it was the least they could do.

Thanks defense, thank you for getting a turnover after spending the entire day getting your teeth kicked in

Schaub isn't going to get much better than the way he's played the last two games........and you know what, he shouldn't have to, the defense is what needs to improve.
Old 09-28-2009   #52
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

what we have here is failure to accumulate the players needed to run a winning NFL franchise.

one, we go back to the draft & free agency-

this we have done just not well enough.

two, replace the coaching staff-

done this too. do we really want to revist this scenero again?

three, trade for impact players-

yet to try. only dabbled in who they projected to be impact players.

So the Texans need to nail their draft picks & aquire better free agents, keep the coaching staff intact for continuity sake, & make a big trade for a change not just under the radar deal to actually gain on the competition & show their fan base they care about putting a better product on the field @ Relient
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #53
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wasn't good enough today.
Wow. 300 yards, 3 touchdowns, and drove the offense down for the tying TD, but the refs blew a call on what would have been his fourth TD pass of the game. His next pass after the interference call was to David Anderson at about the 1 yard line. Are you blaming him for Chris Brown fumbling on the next play? For the defense giving up 31 points to the Jags? What do you honestly expect from him: 400+ yards & 5 tds?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Wow. 300 yards, 3 touchdowns, and drove the offense down for the tying TD, but the refs blew a call on what would have been his fourth TD pass of the game. His next pass after the interference call was to David Anderson at about the 1 yard line. Are you blaming him for Chris Brown fumbling on the next play? For the defense giving up 31 points to the Jags? What do you honestly expect from him: 400+ yards & 5 tds?
Look, if mediocrity is fine with you, then that's fine. As long as he's not the main culprit for this weeks loss we'll let him take the whole week off, how does that sound?

As a matter of fact, since "the reason" we lost this week, was because the defense couldn't get off the field, let's let the whole offensive & special teams have the rest of the year off of practice.

No reason to try to get better there, because we're already perfect, and waiting on the defense to catch up so we can start bringing the Lombardies home to Houston.

We had 10 offensive possessions yesterday, we only scored on 4 of them. 2 were 3 & outs, 2 others we were forced to punt, because we couldn't cross mid-field. So all together, there were 4 possessions were our offense couldn't cross mid-field. then we had 2 turnovers, one field goal, and 3 TDs.

6 out of 10 possessions ended with no score. Only 4 ended in scores. That's less than 50%.
Old 09-28-2009   #55
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look, if mediocrity is fine with you, then that's fine. As long as he's not the main culprit for this weeks loss we'll let him take the whole week off, how does that sound?

As a matter of fact, since "the reason" we lost this week, was because the defense couldn't get off the field, let's let the whole offensive & special teams have the rest of the year off of practice.

No reason to try to get better there, because we're already perfect, and waiting on the defense to catch up so we can start bringing the Lombardies home to Houston.

We had 10 offensive possessions yesterday, we only scored on 4 of them. 2 were 3 & outs, 2 others we were forced to punt, because we couldn't cross mid-field. So all together, there were 4 possessions were our offense couldn't cross mid-field. then we had 2 turnovers, one field goal, and 3 TDs.

6 out of 10 possessions ended with no score. Only 4 ended in scores. That's less than 50%.
Oh I see. We should have scored everytime we had possession. You expect perfection and nothing else is good enough.

Doesn't matter that the defense made the Jags offense look fantastic yesterday.
Doesn't matter that the refs blew the pass interference call on Walter yesterday.
Doesn't matter that Cris Brown fumbled the ball at the goalline yesterday.

Schaub did not lead the team to a score everytime we had the ball. So we lost.

Hmmm, think something is wrong with your expectations.
Old 09-28-2009   #56
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
what we have here is failure to accumulate the players needed to run a winning NFL franchise.

one, we go back to the draft & free agency-

this we have done just not well enough.

two, replace the coaching staff-

done this too. do we really want to revist this scenero again?

three, trade for impact players-

yet to try. only dabbled in who they projected to be impact players.

So the Texans need to nail their draft picks & aquire better free agents, keep the coaching staff intact for continuity sake, & make a big trade for a change not just under the radar deal to actually gain on the competition & show their fan base they care about putting a better product on the field @ Relient
a voice of reason in a sea of stupidity.

rep your way for being reasonable when so many are not.
Old 09-28-2009   #57
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy, atl cav told all of you off. This guy has nine posts and is a die hard Houston "supporter" from all the way back when Schaub became the #1 quarterback.

Straighten up and fly right you guys. Don't make him come over here again.

Hi, I'm Showtime, and I do not endorse this message.
Old 09-28-2009   #58
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Well after we watching

Bushing
and mcain did play Badly Bushing was benched

i didnt see GLover or our other rookie that i forgot the name of

Bullman needed more snaps

and Casey did play but was innactive

we did leave some points of the board in the 4th Q But hey at the end that was a bogus call on walter and brown fumbled Ball scurity is a MUST esp for a secondary Running back

What????
Old 09-28-2009   #59
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

300 yds passing & 3 TD's is not mediocrity dude..far from it.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #60
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1064 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Man. Thunderkyss, you're way off base on this one. OMG, what else do you want the guy to do. He's had no running game to back him up at all, and the defense has been atrocious. Yet, he's had us in position to win two out of the three games played so far. I can't reasonably think of anything else the guy can do, except for maybe passing for 400 yards and 6 TDs a game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read