Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-27-2009   #1
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default bah007's College Football Poll

Here we are again. I'm gonna take another shot at doing a poll this year. Gone is the ridiculous attempt at any type of formula. I'm just gonna try to do my best to go by what I see on the field.

Week 4:

1.Alabama (4-0)
2.Florida (4-0)
3.Texas (4-0)
4.Cincinnati (4-0)
5.Boise St (4-0)
6.Virginia Tech (3-1)
7.LSU (4-0)
8.USC (3-1)
9.Oklahoma (2-1)
10.Houston (3-0)
11.Ohio St (3-1)
12.Miami (2-1)
13.Iowa (4-0)
14.TCU (3-0)
15.Kansas (4-0)
16.Oklahoma St (3-1)
17.BYU (3-1)
18.Penn St (3-1)
19.Georgia (3-1)
20.California (3-1)
21.Nebraska (3-1)
22.South Florida (4-0)
23.Michigan (4-0)
24.Oregon (3-1)
25.Georgia Tech (3-1)

The next five:
North Carolina (3-1)
Missouri (4-0)
Ole Miss (2-1)
Auburn (4-0)
Utah (3-1)

Please comment with any thoughts or critiques.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007's College Football Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Here we are again. I'm gonna take another shot at doing a poll this year. Gone is the ridiculous attempt at any type of formula. I'm just gonna try to do my best to go by what I see on the field.

Week 4:

1.Alabama (4-0)
2.Florida (4-0)
3.Texas (4-0)
4.Cincinnati (4-0)
5.Boise St (4-0)
6.Virginia Tech (3-1)
7.LSU (4-0)
8.USC (3-1)
9.Oklahoma (2-1)
10.Houston (3-0)
11.Ohio St (3-1)
12.Miami (2-1)
13.Iowa (4-0)
14.TCU (3-0)
15.Kansas (4-0)
16.Oklahoma St (3-1)
17.BYU (3-1)
18.Penn St (3-1)
19.Georgia (3-1)
20.California (3-1)
21.Nebraska (3-1)
22.South Florida (4-0)
23.Michigan (4-0)
24.Oregon (3-1)
25.Georgia Tech (3-1)

The next five:
North Carolina (3-1)
Missouri (4-0)
Ole Miss (2-1)
Auburn (4-0)
Utah (3-1)

Please comment with any thoughts or critiques.
i'm U of H alum & i don't think U of H is better than Miami; even with them losing badly this week.. other than that I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
i'm U of H alum & i don't think U of H is better than Miami; even with them losing badly this week.. other than that I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
That's a fair point. Miami has played probably the toughest schedule in the nation up to this point.

I'm not gonna sell Houston short though unless they give me a reason to. Almost nobody thought they could go to Stillwater and win. After they did, they were still the underdog at home against Texas Tech.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they could beat Miami.
Old 09-27-2009   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

if they can pressure Harris then they can beat Miami.

i think Oregon should be ranked a bit higher
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Cincy @ #4? interesting. I do like Pike though.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Cincy @ #4? interesting. I do like Pike though.
Cincinnati is for real. Pike is a more athletic version of Schaub. so far I've seen his stock rise from 4th to 2nd rd. with lots of football left to play. Did not catch them til late last season because of someone named Barwin, but even without him the defense is quick/strong & offensively very balanced. seem to also get great coaching. would not surprise me if they're in a BCS game when its all said & done.

as usaual, very nice poll bah007
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a fair point. Miami has played probably the toughest schedule in the nation up to this point.

I'm not gonna sell Houston short though unless they give me a reason to. Almost nobody thought they could go to Stillwater and win. After they did, they were still the underdog at home against Texas Tech.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they could beat Miami.
Agree on Miami's schedule. that TE who dropped two balls after Miami came out of the second half looking good took the wind out of their sails.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-29-2009   #8
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Cincinnati is for real. Pike is a more athletic version of Schaub. so far I've seen his stock rise from 4th to 2nd rd. with lots of football left to play. Did not catch them til late last season because of someone named Barwin, but even without him the defense is quick/strong & offensively very balanced. seem to also get great coaching. would not surprise me if they're in a BCS game when its all said & done.

as usaual, very nice poll bah007
I still like Dan LeFevour myself, as he can run and throw the ball. I could see the Texans picking him up unless we get a new FO staff and that could mean anything at this point. Pike's numbers have been great so far, but he still has only played last year and four games this year
Old 09-29-2009   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Agree on Miami's schedule. that TE who dropped two balls after Miami came out of the second half looking good took the wind out of their sails.
wow, you're putting the blame on him? did you watch the first half?
Old 09-29-2009   #10
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Pike and Lefevour are both spread QB's if that matters to you.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
wow, you're putting the blame on him? did you watch the first half?
I'm not saying the first half was pretty terrible. But, the offense scored a TD on the first drive of the second half and then got the ball back. They were clearly building some momentum and driving the ball effectively until Graham dropped two passes. I know it's playing the IF game but, say he does catch those passes and Miami punches it in. Suddenly halfway through the third you've got a 14-21 game with momentum. If I'm Miami I like those odds.

Not putting the entire Loss on Graham. Just saying those two drops killed their momentum and chance to pull within a score.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Week 5:

1.Alabama (5-0)
2.Florida (4-0)
3.Texas (4-0)
4.Cincinnati (5-0)
5.LSU (5-0)
6.Virginia Tech (4-1)
7.Boise St (5-0)
8.USC (4-1)
9.Miami (3-1)
10.Ohio St (4-1)
11.Iowa (5-0)
12.TCU (4-0)
13.Oregon (4-1)
14.Kansas (4-0)
15.Oklahoma St (3-1)
16.BYU (4-1)
17.South Florida (5-0)
18.Penn St (4-1)
19.Nebraska (3-1)
20.Georgia Tech (4-1)
21.Missouri (4-0)
22.Oklahoma (2-2)
23.Auburn (5-0)
24.South Carolina (4-1)
25.Wisconsin (5-0)

Next Five:
Houston (3-1)
Stanford (4-1)
Boston College (4-1)
Notre Dame (4-1)
Pittsburgh (4-1)
Old 10-04-2009   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Two loss Oklahoma still in the top 25 with so many real good 1 loss teams .... And ahead of two unbeaten teams. I know Bradford is out and they are a better team with him ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009   #14
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Two loss Oklahoma still in the top 25 with so many real good 1 loss teams .... And ahead of two unbeaten teams. I know Bradford is out and they are a better team with him ....
Not to metion both losses were by 1 point. I would love OU to drop out of the 25 being a UT fan but as much as I hate to say it OU is a dang good football team who can play with anyone.
Old 10-05-2009   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Week 5:
5.LSU (5-0)
Had to save my first post in almost 4 months for something good. LSU has looked absolutely terrible this year. I'll be the first to say Ole Miss was not and is not a top 5 team, but they're good and are definitely one of the top 20 teams in the NCAA. LSU, likewise could go toe to toe with most teams in the country but there's no way they are a top 10 team in my book.

Ole Miss had the benefit the first few weeks of the season of teams ahead of them losing, then all of a sudden they were ranked #4 and people complained. The same has happened to LSU, they'll be lucky to go to the Cotton Bowl this year.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

don't really think a team that's lost 2 out of 4 games should be ranked
Old 10-05-2009   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Had to save my first post in almost 4 months for something good. LSU has looked absolutely terrible this year. I'll be the first to say Ole Miss was not and is not a top 5 team, but they're good and are definitely one of the top 20 teams in the NCAA. LSU, likewise could go toe to toe with most teams in the country but there's no way they are a top 10 team in my book.

Ole Miss had the benefit the first few weeks of the season of teams ahead of them losing, then all of a sudden they were ranked #4 and people complained. The same has happened to LSU, they'll be lucky to go to the Cotton Bowl this year.
Well when Florida kicks their ass then you will probably be happy to see them drop.

LSU hasn't really impressed me that much up to this point. Their offense is probably going to lose them a few games this year. Right now they sorta have bonus points with me because they already have three road wins at a juncture where most of the top teams haven't even left home yet.
Old 10-12-2009   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Week 6:

1.Alabama (6-0)
2.Florida (5-0)
3.Texas (5-0)
4.Virginia Tech (5-1)
5.Cincinnati (5-0)
6.Boise St (5-0)
7.USC (4-1)
8.Miami (4-1)
9.Ohio St (5-1)
10.Iowa (6-0)
11.Oregon (5-1)
12.LSU (5-1)
13.TCU (5-0)
14.Nebraska (4-1)
15.South Florida (5-0)
16.Kansas (5-0)
17.Oklahoma St (4-1)
18.Penn St (5-1)
19.Georgia Tech (5-1)
20.South Carolina (5-1)
21.BYU (5-1)
22.Pittsburgh (5-1)
23.Notre Dame (4-1)
24.Houston (4-1)
25.Missouri (4-1)

Oklahoma (3-2)
West Virginia (4-1)
Utah (4-1)
Wisconsin (5-1)
Auburn (5-1)
Old 10-13-2009   #19
Blake
MMQB

Good list. Just 2 small gripes.

Dont like Miami over Ohio St and maybe Iowa.

I like LSU over Oregon St.
Old 10-13-2009   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Outside of the SEC title game I dont see Bama nor Florida losing a game although Bama still has LSU @ home in three weeks.

Texas on the other hand has three top 25's on the schedule along with the Aggies & the big 12 title game (either Kansas or Nebraska?) .... We'll find out a lot more about the Horns this weekend.

Maybe we'll get to see McCoy vs Tebow in the Bowl Crap Series Title game after all ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read