Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The All Encompassing frustration thread

sorry, I have to vent

I hate the fact that this team follows up a "big win" with a flat uninspiring loss again and again. They play uninspired, like they aren't having fun and the players look like machines out here. I am frustrated that we seem to be in rebuilding mode year after year. Other teams have had worse seasons than us and they seem to rebuild fast and now play in big games and play well (whether they win or lose).. I am frustrated when teams have an obvious passing down for some reason our four man front can't get the job done, I mean hell Mario should take pressure off of the other guys, and afraid with the longer the season goes and teams know the other three guys can't get the job done there, Mario is going to have to work harder and harder just to get pressure. I see no reason Smith, Okoye, (insert whoever) can't beat their guy one on one a time or two.. I saw one time we were blitzing and both our DT's were pushed together .. had to be easy to block when both DT's are bunched together ..

offensively, we are scoring points, but running the ball is hard to come by ..

I am almost welcoming another BK thrashing talk about "if you made that play you might have won the super bowl " type of speech (maybe not superbowl but you get my drift) (you know the big news early in training camp with BK and A Smith going back and forth)

Last edited by Wolf; 09-27-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing frustration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
sorry, I have to vent

I hate the fact that this team follows up a "big win" with a flat uninspiring lossagain and again. They play uninspired, like they aren't having fun and the players look like machines out here. I am frustrated that we seem to be in rebuilding mode year after year. Other teams have had worse seasons than us and they seem to rebuild fast and now play in big games and play well (whether they win or lose).. I am frustrated when teams have an obvious passing down for some reason our four man front can't get the job done, I mean hell Mario should take pressure off of the other guys, and afraid with the longer the season goes and teams know the other three guys can't get the job done there, Mario is going to have to work harder and harder just to get pressure. I see no reason Smith, Okoye, (insert whoever) can't beat their guy one on one a time or two.. I saw one time we were blitzing and both our DT's were pushed together .. had to be easy to block when both DT's are bunched together ..

offensively, we are scoring points, but running the ball is hard to come by ..

I am almost welcoming another BK thrashing talk about "if you made that play you might have won the super bowl " type of speech (maybe not superbowl but you get my drift) (you know the big news early in training camp with BK and A Smith going back and forth)
fixed it for you!
Old 09-27-2009   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
fixed it for you!
thanks
Old 09-27-2009   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I can tell you this. The Texans will never again fool me with a game like last weeks Inbreds game again. Until they put together some winning records for a year or two, Iím just not going to have any confidence in them.

Oh, Iíll still watch them every week and hope for the best, but I wonít have any realistic hopes for them. Iíve now crossed that line where I donít believe. Its show me time now, and until they do, the Texans are just another mediocre NFL team, nothing special at all.

Except, of course, the are the Texans.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #5
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

If you think about it, the Titan game was a bit of luck...I mean Collins just drops the ball. Could easily be 0-3 right now. All the Titans had to do was hand the ball to Johnson for a 70+ yard play.

This team has to lose a game just to get motivated to win the next one.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Well, I can tell you this. The Texans will never again fool me with a game like last weeks Inbreds game again. Until they put together some winning records for a year or two, Iím just not going to have any confidence in them.

Oh, Iíll still watch them every week and hope for the best, but I wonít have any realistic hopes for them. Iíve now crossed that line where I donít believe. Its show me time now, and until they do, the Texans are just another mediocre NFL team, nothing special at all.

Except, of course, the are the Texans.
true

The Texans remind me of a girl that has an "in case of emergency break glass" guy.. you know the guy that when she has no one else to call she calls you, but other than that, she doesn't bother
Old 09-27-2009   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Frustrated as hell. Drinking some beers. Let's beat the Raiders next week. That is all.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2009   #8
StevieWonder
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 StevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performer

I don't know about you guys but I have no idea what's going to happen when JaMarcus Russell matches up against our secondary. Either way it's not good for us; we shut him down, "eh he sucks", but he does really well and then it's "wow the secondary really really sucks"
StevieWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #9
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Games are won in the trenches and right now we are getting blown up on both sides.

No running lanes, no pass rush = mediocrity
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans defense has to be the worst in the NFL. With the exception of Robinson, no one else in the secondary is good enough to be in the NFL. Because our secondary is so poor, the real players like Mario and Demeco cannot possibly do their jobs.

No sacks today because the secondary simply cannot cover.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #11
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Execellent. A place where I can vent. Perfect since my voice is gone!

Damn you Texans for taking my hard earned money and putting garbage on the field. I felt like I was watching a replay of the last home game. Hey Bob, if you want my money, try putting something worth paying for on the field next week.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #12
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

What is really frustrating to me is that I feel like we finally have enough talent to put out a decent team, yet we still suck. Why is that? Is it our coaching? Is it the players lack of motivation? Is it that I haven't found a sure fire pre-game routine?
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read