Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2009   #1
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thank You Texans

Today I had one of those moments where I understood that this is the way that my life will always be as a Houston sports fan. Lord knows that I should have figured it out by now in my 34 year lifetime but I've never been one to take a hint.

Since their inception, I have followed the Texans from Okinawa, Virginia, Iraq and North Carolina. I watched them beat the Cowboys during my lunchtime at the Camp Schwab USO and I watched them almost beat the Pats at 0630 in the morning. I've carried their colors into enemy territory and have never seen another supporter. I've received free beers just for the sake of being a Texan fan. When I left Virginia to go to NC the bar bought me a cake as a going away because it was so depresing to see me come in every Sunday of the 2006 season.

I've never been made fun of for being a Texan fan, what I've heard through it all, especially today, is wtf are they doing with all that talent. I watched the game with the only other Texan fan I have ever seen and he was a Texan fan only because Mario is from where I now live.

I think I got my perspective when I kept seeing highlights from the Tits game. THey were wearing their Oilers gear and Fsher had on a HOUSTON OILERS shirt on.

I'm screwed. I have the misfortune of being born in a town that is absolutely cursed as a sports city. I started the season watching the Jets kick us square in the balls and have my spirits lifted by a win over the Tits only to be mercilessly beaten like a fur seal by the Jags.

Through all the pain and all the disgust I have realized that I am an effing Texan fan and that's just the way it is.

Suck it up bitches. We've all chosen this road and now we have to stick with it. Excuse me while I go back my truck over my own head.

Old 09-27-2009   #2
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank You Texans

I feel your pain. I grew up in Cowboy country but I have always been a Houston fan. I have condemned myself to this tourture - I should have done more research as a kid before deciding to be a Houston fan. Oh well it will make it that much more sweet when we actually win it all. I just hope it happens before I die.
Old 09-27-2009   #3
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
Suck it up bitches. We've all chosen this road and now we have to stick with it. Excuse me while I go back my truck over my own head.

Well said Devil Dog!
Old 09-27-2009   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

dont worry things could get better ...lets not lose all hope
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Dang if that doesn't say it all exactly. Cheers, you air-humpin stormtrooper!

OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #6
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't worry about myself, but I'm wondering if someone should intervene on behalf of my five year old daughter before daddy is able to fully indoctrinate her into a lifetime of football futility.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #7
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC View Post
Excuse me while I go back my truck over my own head.
I am curious as to the logistics involved in successfully pulling this off. Assuming you're flying solo, of course.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-28-2009   #8
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I don't worry about myself, but I'm wondering if someone should intervene on behalf of my five year old daughter before daddy is able to fully indoctrinate her into a lifetime of football futility.
I read this and thought of my two young sons (6 and 3) who wear their Texans gear, and yell "Go Texans" around the house. And I wonder what future pain will this cause them.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
I am curious as to the logistics involved in successfully pulling this off. Assuming you're flying solo, of course.
Obviously he would modify the controls of the vehicle so that he could drive it from behind the back wheels. Duh.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read