Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-27-2009   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pick a non-loser team to cheer for

After living outsdide of Houston for the last 4 years, I've found that its almost impossible to get Texans game coverage or news if you live more than 200 miles away. Ive spent tons of time and money following this team, and more weeks than not, Ive had to walk out of a sports bar embarssed in my Texans jersey.

As such, I decided it was time I started following a local team. I picked the Ravens, because they are everything the Texans are not. A solid team with a rock solid defense.

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to finally watch a team play football the way its meant to. With attitude and toughness. It makes watchign the Texans D week in and week out a little more berable.

So who is your backup NFL team? THe one you cheer for once the Texans are eliminated from relevance?

The NFL season is too short to waste it on the Texans. By week 5 or 6 we're usually all but done playoff wise. Theres too much good football to be had
Old 09-27-2009   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pick a non-loser team to cheer for

Steelers actually. I still have that memory of them from when the Oilers used to go up against them and I've got a good friend who is a Steeler fan so I just kind of started out wanting them to do good as long as it didn't interfere with the Texans "needs". Since we suck like the expansion Saints and Buc's and continue to suck for years and years I find that the Steelers "goals" and ours don't conflict much. See, they try to win a championship every year and we try to finally get over .500. Plus once the playoffs start the Texans no longer matter.

God I hate the Houston Texans right now. They're like a weekly (or bi-weekly maybe) dose of the Buffalo loss. They're like a M-F depression machine. They're everything that was bad about the Oilers (except the owner but McNair's starting to really piss me off now that I think about it....) with none of the good. They're like the Oilers inept early 70's and early 80's without ever getting better.
Old 09-27-2009   #3
Ckw

Jets. Buddy er... I mean Rex Ryan is everything Gary Kubiak is not, and he gets his team ready to play. Sanchez is an up and coming QB, and the New York defense plays with a fire the Texans could never even dream of except for when they feel like they have something to prove. The Jets D acts like they have something to prove every week.
Old 09-27-2009   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

there really isn't another team i would cheer for week to week
Old 09-27-2009   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever is playing the Cowboys?
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #6
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

For the most part I've been keeping the Steelers as my lover on the side. I just need a team who has a bruising offense and a relentless defense to channel my anger through, although lately I've been faltering towards the Ravens.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #7
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
For the most part I've been keeping the Steelers as my lover on the side. I just need a team who has a bruising offense and a relentless defense to channel my anger through, although lately I've been faltering towards the Ravens.
Good choices. Every once in a while the only way to make a marriage work is to have a lover or two on the side...
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2009   #8
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2511 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Good choices. Every once in a while the only way to make a marriage work is to have a lover or two on the side...
Especially on Sunday. Have one at 12 one at 3 and one at 7. hey oh! hahaha
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

just root for the underdog in every game
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I don't have one. I have players that I root for, and that ends up resulting in some team that I'm rooting for, but really it's just players. Since Singletary took over, I find myself rooting for the 49ers, and when they drafted Coffee, that just sort of solidified it. Plus, I like that thye kept the Cowboys out of the SB so many times. I really want to see Kolb do well, so I'm rooting for the Eagles, which works doubly well when they play the Cowboys. I root for Brandon Jacobs, which also works well when they play the Cowboys. And I've always liked Santana Moss, which also works well when they play the Cowboys.

I think there's a trend in there, but more analysis is required.

Old 09-27-2009   #11
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
there really isn't another team i would cheer for week to week
yeah, I tried that after the Oilers left. Just ain't the same.

more power to those who want to go be fans of another team though...
Old 09-27-2009   #12
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 24148 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife is from Saint Louis so that was working out well for a little while at my NFC team of choince. Now... not so much.
Old 09-27-2009   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #14
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I like the Saints, Rams, Patriots, and whoever plays the Cowboys. I can't ever legitimately follow them and love them though.
Old 09-27-2009   #15
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, the Raiders are my team. The team I root for after them is the Texans...so yeah.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Well, the Raiders are my team. The team I root for after them is the Texans...so yeah.
If I were you, I'd just never repeat that again. And try to delete this post.
Old 09-27-2009   #17
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

It is tempting, and call me dumb, but I'll continue to root for both teams whether they win the playoffs or pull a Lions and go 0-16. I guess if I *had* to pick a winning team to root for, I'd go with the 49ers, Vikings, or Jets.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

UH... oh, you mean nfl.. either the ravens or the eagles.
Old 09-27-2009   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
It is tempting, and call me dumb, but I'll continue to root for both teams whether they win the playoffs or pull a Lions and go 0-16. I guess if I *had* to pick a winning team to root for, I'd go with the 49ers, Vikings, or Jets.
Well, I don't know if I'd go with dumb, but I figure with that combo of teams, you had to choose one of them at some point. Some of us were born into unfortunate fandom, but choosing one of those willingly ... hmm. I'll have to think about that.
Old 09-27-2009   #20
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver is AFC #2 and Chicago is NFC team. I have always liked the tough nosed Chicago Bear D's of the past and I thought Kubes would bring his success in Denver with him to Htown.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read