Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Time to adjust my expectations significantly.

Tailgate

Fall of Hame
This team is going nowhere. Its time to put any expectations I had for this team in the garbage and be sent to the dump with all the other seasons garbage.

I now expect us to lose most games and maybe squeak out a win here and there. Thats our team, and it is what it is. Any positives are just upside from suck from here on out. Time to put my eggs in the college football basket as far as winning something goes... and just leave the Texans at a causual.... meh, whatever approach.

Gotta love the Texans!

This team is going nowhere. Its time to put any expectations I had for this team in the garbage and be sent to the dump with all the other seasons garbage.

I now expect us to lose most games and maybe squeak out a win here and there. Thats our team, and it is what it is. Any positives are just upside from suck from here on out. Time to put my eggs in the college football basket as far as winning something goes... and just leave the Texans at a causual.... meh, whatever approach.

Gotta love the Texans!

Have to agree. Absolutely no heart with this team. As I said on another thread, the 18 and 19 year olds over at UH have more heart than these guys.

We're 1 -2, got Oakland at home next week, then play four out of the next five on the road.

I can see us at 3-6 after the Indy road game. This just really sucks.

We're 1 -2, got Oakland at home next week, then play four out of the next five on the road.

I can see us at 3-6 after the Indy road game. This just really sucks.

No offense...but dont think playing against Oakland will be an automatic win. Yeah our QB sucks like no other, but you never know...anything can happen on Sunday.

No offense...but dont think playing against Oakland will be an automatic win. Yeah our QB sucks like no other, but you never know...anything can happen on Sunday.

I never said anything about Oakland, other than we are playing them next week. My point was, after 9 games we will be 3-6. Hell, it wouldn't suprise me at all if we lost to Oakland next week.

Well, looking back at it now . . .

What was there to go on that had your original expectations so high?

Were you being realistic?

(Serious questions, both of them)

Well, looking back at it now . . .

What was there to go on that had your original expectations so high?

Were you being realistic?

(Serious questions, both of them)

Absolutely. New playcaller on both sides of the ball, addition by subtraction of previous DC, new free agents, new draft picks, back to back .500 seasons and no backwards movement from Kubiak in wins thus far, creating depth, more talent than previous years, the appearance of decent drafting, yada,yada, yada.

My expectations were battle possibly for a playoff spot and have our first winning season. 9 to 10 wins. Not to go 14-2 and be Super Bowl favorites.

Oakland game should scare us. They are going to run the ball, and they have a shutdown corner.

Consider me nervous, lose that game we might as well start the draft threads.

See, these are the times when I get unhinged and get absolutely unreasonable expectations. Go to the bar, act like an absolute mad man even when they are down by 3 touch downs... just how far can you push things before they call the cops on you?

Back