Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Same ole Texans

Another epic melt down once again when we were on the cusp of tying up the game and gaining the momentum, and someone hand feeds the game away to the other team.

No defense at all. We just gave up a ton of points to two of the worst offenses in the entire league. This team is a RB's biggest fantasy that comes to life when they play us.

This is not a playoff team. It's the same ole Texans we've seen the last two seasons. This is an 8-8 team again. We couldn't even beat the freaking Jags at home for heaven's sake.

Fire Kubiak. The guy doesn't have a clue how to get his team prepared and focused. This is the same ole shit with him. I don't care if he isn't in the game and it's because of some play made by one guy. It's the same ole story with Kubiak as the HC. Major mistakes and melt downs. This team shouldn't have even been in this position at the end of the game. This is pathetic.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Same ole Texans

I think this sick feeling in my stomach is just a part of me now. Its never going away.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #3
Ckw

I'm so ready to call it quits. I think it's time I sign the divorce papers and just play the field for a while. If we get back together sometime down the road, great, but I don't ever want to be married to a team again.
Old 09-27-2009   #4
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I'm so ready to call it quits. I think it's time I sign the divorce papers and just play the field for a while. If we get back together sometime down the road, great, but I don't ever want to be married to a team again.
But you are so close to 3,000 posts. Just kidding...

I am feeling you. I feel like I have felt so many times over the past couple of years. The losses that occur after big wins, when you want to believe that "this time it is going to be different", are the worst. That an the Indy game last year...

I want to be done, but I am sure I will find myself back here again soon - disappointed and pissed off beyond belief that I follow an organization that is average...at best. We'll probably have a new coach next season, which will be the first of several "rebuilding" years. We'll endure 2 or 3 so-so seasons and the year that we are supposed to break out, I'll have my heart ripped out again.

This is miserable, just miserable. I feel bad for all of us...
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah same old Texans... I think most people picked the Texans to win this game and same ole Texans lay the goose egg AGAIN.

This is the most frustrating team I have ever followed
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

think I'm going to pick them to lose every game from here on out this year, because they seem to do the opposite of what I pick.
jaayteetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #7
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear that Schaub is going to get a hair cut if we win two in a row this season!

What were you saying about the same ol' Texans?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2009   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh....I am starting to lose interest already. I remember when I used to watch the Oilers in their bad years just to laugh at them. I hope I don't get to that point with the Texans, but it's coming to that.

This team has talent, but it's not showing it. I blame poor coaching for that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #9
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

This loss was so disappointing and it feels like getting kicked in the gnads but theyre still my team and i will support them no matter how they play.

The jags deserved the win today they played great. Them and theyre 42 fans( 5 or 6 of them being the refs from this game) must be happy.

Oops still bitter sorry.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #10
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
But you are so close to 3,000 posts. Just kidding...

I am feeling you. I feel like I have felt so many times over the past couple of years. The losses that occur after big wins, when you want to believe that "this time it is going to be different", are the worst. That an the Indy game last year...

I want to be done, but I am sure I will find myself back here again soon - disappointed and pissed off beyond belief that I follow an organization that is average...at best. We'll probably have a new coach next season, which will be the first of several "rebuilding" years. We'll endure 2 or 3 so-so seasons and the year that we are supposed to break out, I'll have my heart ripped out again.

This is miserable, just miserable. I feel bad for all of us...
Regrettably, I too will probably find myself back here next week pissed off and depressed about cheering for such a loser. This organization is just messed up and that is a top down problem.
Old 09-27-2009   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If it weren't for the zebras playing defense for us, MJD would have scored on a mirror copy of the CJ draw play that scored last week. I remember last year how the Jags just ran the same two plays (slant and QB run) over and over again and beat us. We never adjusted. This week, it appears the team didn't adjust for the same run plays that have gashed us since preseason.
Old 09-27-2009   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Eh....I am starting to lose interest already. I remember when I used to watch the Oilers in their bad years just to laugh at them. I hope I don't get to that point with the Texans, but it's coming to that.

This team has talent, but it's not showing it. I blame poor coaching for that.
Really? I'm not so sure. Aside from Mario and the 'backers, I'm not seeing the talent.
Old 09-27-2009   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are losers. Go ahead and say it. They're the Washington Generals of the NFL.

Now the question remains do we embrace our destiny as the Cubs fans of the AFC South or do we walk away? Which of the two options is most appealing?

I'm so pissed off right now I can't stand it. I hate this team and I hate these players. I'm speaking primarily of the defense but it's not like Chris Brown didn't just drive a ****ing stake through my heart today as he fumbled the most important carry his worthless ass will ever have for the Texans. Kubiak has lost me. He hired Frank Bush to run his defense and he had to know that failure likely meant that he would lose his job. Well I am ready to see Butthead hit the road. He might be a good coach (on a coordinator level) and he might be a good person but he hasn't accomplished the goal. He is not NFL head coach material. He's done as far as I'm concerned.

We have seen what Gary Kubiak can accomplish. It is insufficient to maintain my support.
Old 09-27-2009   #14
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Inconsistents is the new team name.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #15
Ckw

Maybe I was wrong for hating on Dunta so much. I still stand by my belief that he really isn't a very good player. He is an average cover corner and isn't near the tackler he once was. That being said, I can't blame the guy for not wanting to play for this team anymore.
Old 09-27-2009   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The Texans are losers. Go ahead and say it. They're the Washington Generals of the NFL.

Now the question remains do we embrace our destiny as the Cubs fans of the AFC South or do we walk away? Which of the two options is most appealing?

I'm so pissed off right now I can't stand it. I hate this team and I hate these players. I'm speaking primarily of the defense but it's not like Chris Brown didn't just drive a ****ing stake through my heart today as he fumbled the most important carry his worthless ass will ever have for the Texans. Kubiak has lost me. He hired Frank Bush to run his defense and he had to know that failure likely meant that he would lose his job. Well I am ready to see Butthead hit the road. He might be a good coach (on a coordinator level) and he might be a good person but he hasn't accomplished the goal. He is not NFL head coach material. He's done as far as I'm concerned.

We have seen what Gary Kubiak can accomplish. It is insufficient to maintain my support.
sadly I am almost to the point that hopefully with every loss the Titans have, the more Bud is closer to firing fisher (I can wish right).. Fisher gets shit out of his defense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Maybe I was wrong for hating on Dunta so much. I still stand by my belief that he really isn't a very good player. He is an average cover corner and isn't near the tackler he once was. That being said, I can't blame the guy for not wanting to play for this team anymore.
That's pretty much my beef with him. I maintain that he was better in coverage pre-injury than most posters here give him credit for, but it was his tackling that elevated him to a good corner (not top 5, of course). Post-injury, he seems to have lost a step (actually agility moreso) and his tackling has declined dramatically. That pretty much puts him in the "Just A Guy" category for me. Except, you know, a $9.96 million JAG.
Old 09-27-2009   #18
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Another epic melt down once again when we were on the cusp of tying up the game and gaining the momentum, and someone hand feeds the game away to the other team.

No defense at all. We just gave up a ton of points to two of the worst offenses in the entire league. This team is a RB's biggest fantasy that comes to life when they play us.

This is not a playoff team. It's the same ole Texans we've seen the last two seasons. This is an 8-8 team again. We couldn't even beat the freaking Jags at home for heaven's sake.

Fire Kubiak. The guy doesn't have a clue how to get his team prepared and focused. This is the same ole shit with him. I don't care if he isn't in the game and it's because of some play made by one guy. It's the same ole story with Kubiak as the HC. Major mistakes and melt downs. This team shouldn't have even been in this position at the end of the game. This is pathetic.
Couldn't agree with you more, by the way, do we ever win when we're favored???
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

8-8 is looking likely

but the season is still young
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Want to win your fantasy league? Pick up whichever RB is playing the Texans each week and start them

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read