Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2009   #1
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 175 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Our defense is a joke

Win or lose today, our D is a joke. We are not a playoff caliber team. Our offense is somewhat playoff worthy but our D is definitely one of the worst in the league. I'm VERY disappointing, especially with all of the solid draft picks on that side of the ball. Do they even do tackling drills in practice? Sheesh
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #2
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our defense is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz90 View Post
Win or lose today, our D is a joke. We are not a playoff caliber team. Our offense is somewhat playoff worthy but our D is definitely one of the worst in the league. I'm VERY disappointing, especially with all of the solid draft picks on that side of the ball. Do they even do tackling drills in practice? Sheesh
Its super frustrating cuz its not like we have no one on that side of the ball, we could use some help over the top and a bigger DT but other than that its all coaching IMO...

but i am with you....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #3
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 113586 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
Its super frustrating cuz its not like we have no one on that side of the ball, we could use some help over the top and a bigger DT but other than that its all coaching IMO...

but i am with you....
I dunno... they know us too well. they know how to beat us.
Old 09-27-2009   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Why type it again?

The Texans chose to hire him (Bush). When they were absolutely and without any semblance of a doubt in dire need of correcting their defensive problems they did not go seek out the services of an accomplished defensive mind with an established identity and a demonstrably effective scheme. Instead they* chose to hire a friend. They hired a guy they knew and thought was ready to step up to the next level. They then went out and got him some more help in the form of Antoine Smith, Cushing and Barwin.

Frank Bush's defense is ****. It sucks as much as Richard Smith's defense sucked. It can't get off the field. It can't stop anybody. They can't tackle, they don't communicate, and they can't focus. Mental mistakes rule the day and we have done what I literally did not think was possible with these players. We've regressed from the stooges that Richard Smith coached into the coma patients that Frank Bush coaches. The only thing about last weeks game in Tennessee that meant anything was the obscene yardage and point production of the Titans. That was real. Everything else about this team turning a corner and finally reaching some new level of play was all bull****. They played tough because they were humiliated by the Jets.

If you have to get humiliated the week before to play like you're capable then you're a perennial 8-8 team. If the only time you step up and act like you got a pair is right after someone kicks you in them then you might as well not have any at all.

Actually I am not displeased at all with the offense today. With Studdard taking Pitts place and this being the Jaguars who always play us tough I'm happy with 24 points so far. I understand the problems we're dealing with on that side of the ball. The defense though, those guys are worthless with a handful of exceptions and those exceptions would be good players no matter where they played. Fred Bennett is easily one of the most worthless football players I've ever watched pretend to play the game. He can't cover anybody and he can't tackle anybody. That limp attempt at bring down Jones-Drew during the screen to the right side in the third quarter sent me away from my television in disgust.

Frank Bush is the hire that's going to send Gary Kubiak back to his first, best career as somebody else's offensive coordinator. I can't believe that with his head coaching career on the line that ****ing Butthead impersonator hired Frank Bush to save his butt. What a joke. Pity it's on US again.

*By "they" I mean primarily Gary Kubiak but I concede that his decisions receive the blessings of Rick Smith and Bob McNair.
Old 09-27-2009   #5
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57758 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I say bring back Richard Smith!
Old 09-27-2009   #6
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fred Bennett is a complete joke. I get so frustrated watching him play, so much more than any other person or thing on our team.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I aint laughing.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2009   #8
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

jokes are funny.

Our defense would be like a holocaust joke. Nobody likes them.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #9
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point, Richard Smith's defense was far better than Bush's and thats sad.
Old 09-27-2009   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Our team is a joke. Has been from day 1. Its just how it is and going to be for a long time.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #11
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Our team is a joke. Has been from day 1. Its just how it is and going to be for a long time.
The offense isn't a joke; the offense is good not to mention our special teams is very consistent as well. Its that porous defense.
Old 09-27-2009   #12
Ben Frank
Rookie

Rep Power: 1431 Ben Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respectedBen Frank is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
Fred Bennett is a complete joke. I get so frustrated watching him play, so much more than any other person or thing on our team.
Agreed.. Fred Bennett in my opinion is garbage.. and the jags knew that, thats why thay kept going at him.. and thay won the game by executing that game plan
Ben Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #13
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Just dissapointed.......not worth spending more time than that describing it. Should have beat the Jags, our D is really, really bad.

Should have had the whole COOGS team on the sideline during the game, to remind this team that at least SOME PLAYERS in Houston give a **** and play hard!

Today's D gets the POOF lion!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #14
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Very very frustrated with the defense today. They give up too many big chunks of yards....then I'm blowing chunks. C'mon!!!!
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #15
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

That was utter garbage. It aint gonna get better folks, so prepare yourselves.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #16
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Frank Bush is officially worse than dick smith.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #17
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it'll get better because it really cannot get any worse.

Dunta put in a great clutch play.

I think this new system is getting major wrinkles out of the way. Recall, the Oiler's D in 1993 when they were implementing Buddy Ryan's system. They blew assignments out the wazoo but finally got it together as the season wore on. True, this Texans D doesn't have quite the same talent level but I expect it to improve as the season goes on (and we don't have a murderer's row of the likes of Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones-Drew).

As bad as the defense was, the Texans were still in position to tie the game, give themselves a chance.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #18
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Frank Bush is officially worse than dick smith.
You really prefer Dick over Bush?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
That was utter garbage. It aint gonna get better folks, so prepare yourselves.
The worst part is, the Texans won't totally tank. We'll end up 8-8 again probably, Kubiak keeps his job another year, and then he gets fired after the 2010 season. We get a new head coach for the 2011 season and he starts all over again.

Then in 2012 the frigging world ends. We will never see a super bowl in our lives. This makes Thorn sad.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #20
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
You really prefer Dick over Bush?
Yes, I much prefer dick smith's defense of 2008 to Frank Bush's defense of 2009.

Go back to our 13-12 victory over the Tits last season, and the Monday night beat down against the Jags, then compare them to the last two weeks.

Which would you rather see?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read