Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3 Battle Red Gameday Thread: Jags @ Texans

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
Second game of our 'new' team. Im excited. I think we come out strong & crush the jags.

btw Mario's normal Battle Red domination + Rookie tackles =

Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+Houston+Texans+Csv4BupHjx2l.jpg

I thought Ryan was the only one allowed to start the gameday threads since he started it last week. Now we are messing with Karma!! :cow:

Go Texans. Let's show some consistency (excluding blown assigments and bad blocking) and win the game.

these are the days I live for. The 16 sundays-mondays a year where everything we've argued about, debated, yelled at, complained, and cursed gets put out on the grass for all to see. These are christmases convieniently strewn about the year for our enjoyment. These are what lead to sleepless nights the evening pryor. These are the memories I'm going to share with my kids someday.

"Daddy, tell me again what it was like to watch Andre Johnson play?"

Yes. This.

Lets kick some hello kitty empty tarped stadium don't know how to sell ticketing jaguar ass!

If we keep MJD shut down, this game is over.

If we let that guy get his yards, we could be in for a long day. He's really their only weapon, so we can't be lazy against him like we were against the past two teams' running backs.

The NFL gave us a gift by letting us play Jags and Raiders at home this early in the season. We better take that gift and use it.

AJ will have a monster game and show the world once again why is the number one WR in the league. Folks will be saying Larry who. Steve will run over someone like they just hurt his mama. Matt will show that the game he had last week was just a sample of what he has in store for us this season. Mario is going knock the QB's head off and fans will see the head rolling around in the backfield on our T.V. sreen. Texans win 35-21.

Saw Dre on the news yesterday saying that the team became more
"accountable" in Tennessee. Whenever guys were making mistakes,
there was no more "forget about it and get back in there." It was
more like "you need to fix that ****."

If they keep it up, the sky's the limit for this team. They should
destroy Jacksonville by AT LEAST 3 touchdowns if they are on
their game. Fred Taylor said it last year. They have good talent,
but it's a horrible "TEAM." The mix is bad in Jacksonville, and the
Texans need to come out swinging.

This is off the record here. Why hasn't Fred Taylor ever made the Probowl?
F.T. was a Pro Bowl and All-Pro selection in 2007. But he's played well enough to have been selected more than once.

Happy Battle Red Day everybody!!!

Here are the inactives for the game:

Inactives - Texans:
7 QB Dan Orlovsky (3QB)
11 WR André Davis
28 CB Antwaun Molden
31 S Bernard Pollard
35 CB Jacques Reeves
62 C Antoine Caldwell
87 TE Anthony Hill
87 DT Frank Okam

Starting lineup changes - Texans:
Kasey Studdard will start will start at left guard for Chester Pitts, who was placed on IR. John Busing is in the starting lineup for Dominique Barber.

Notable:
Wide receiver Kevin Walter (hamstring) will start in his first appearance of the 2009 season.

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/

Kevin Walter is back WOOHOO!!!

No Reeves again? Bummer. Never thought i would say that, btw.

I remember Kubiak saying their target was week 2 and that he was looking on track for that. Must've had a setback though in rehab. I was hoping he'd be back for week 2 to give him 3 games to knock the rust off before we have to play the Cardinals where we really need him back there (I shudder at the thought of Fred Bennett 1 on 1 with any of the 3 studs they have at WR).

But it looks like we might have to wait till the Raiders game and even then he's probably not gonna be ready to start by that time. Hopefully he'll be healthy enought to at least cover Steve Breaston as our 3rd CB come week 5.

I remember Kubiak saying their target was week 2 and that he was looking on track for that. Must've had a setback though in rehab. I was hoping he'd be back for week 2 to give him 3 games to knock the rust off before we have to play the Cardinals where we really need him back there (I shudder at the thought of Fred Bennett 1 on 1 with any of the 3 studs they have at WR).

But it looks like we might have to wait till the Raiders game and even then he's probably not gonna be ready to start by that time. Hopefully he'll be healthy enought to at least cover Steve Breaston as our 3rd CB come week 5.

yeah, with Garrard at QB and the cast of whodats they have at WR, this would have been a good first game back.

This is off the record here. Why hasn't Fred Taylor ever made the Probowl?

Bad timing. He was always in the league with studly RBs. For example, he competed with the likes of Priest Holmes, LT, Ricky Williams, Clinton Portis (when he was in Denver), Edge, and Curtis Martin. Its tough to get into a probowl with those kind of names.

Would be nice to get some rushing going today, Go Slaton

and AJ to set a record for most receiving yards in a game ever aswell.

As long as we play like an experiece team, we will whoop the tarps!

Also, if anyone have live links online please post them. I am at work and need to watch game!

I'm thinking Slaton will have a great day, but if he puts it on the ground once, I can see him riding the pine pony

Wow, John Henderson playing the DE spot in the 3-4! Hopefully, he doesn't tear it up and cause Matt Schaub to throw risky passes.

Back