Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-27-2009   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Congrats Coogs!

Awesome game and nice last minute beatdown of Trailor Park Tech. UH will move up quite a bit this week considering all the teams that lost today.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Congrats Coogs!

I didn't know Red Raider fans were such D-bags. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=4836116
Old 09-27-2009   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats to the Coogs!!!!!!

Hopefully they can keep this up and get a nice bowl game this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

They won their first bowl game in quite awhile last year.
Old 09-27-2009   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
They won their first bowl game in quite awhile last year.
They just need to concentrate on the UTEP game next week!

Thanks all for the well-wishes!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Is that game going to on T.V.?
Old 09-27-2009   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy, what a game. I went and stayed with my folks last night and watched the game with my dad. I wasn't sure if he was going to make it through. Actually for a while there I wasn't sure if I was going to make it.

Just, what a game. I'm still a little giddy over the game.

Thanks Coogs and great job Cougar fans, you gave my dad and I a great present. What a game.
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2009   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I didn't know Red Raider fans were such D-bags. http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=188&f=1650&t=4836116
It's not just their fans, it was their entire team last year. The actual players were starting verbal arguments with the fans at KU last year 20 yards back of the field. The Tech coaches did nothing to stop them. Texas Tech is about as classless a program all around as Missouri. Hell, even K-State might have a little more class than Tech. I'm embarrassed on behalf of the Big XII to have Texas Tech fans and the university represent us in any capacity.
Old 09-27-2009   #9
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

was a great win for the coogs, but rushing the field?

lol, a ranked team beat a non ranked team and rushed the field at home?
Old 09-27-2009   #10
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
was a great win for the coogs, but rushing the field?

lol, a ranked team beat a non ranked team and rushed the field at home?
It's easy to say "act like you've been there", but really they haven't in a very long time. Really I can't remember a good Cougar team since the SWC.

I say enjoy it, Tech is still a good team and it was a nailbiter. Go Coogs!

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
It's easy to say "act like you've been there", but really they haven't in a very long time. Really I can't remember a good Cougar team since the SWC.

Eh if you are going to rush the field make sure at least a majority of you do it.

It looks kinda silly when only 10% of the fans are in a frenzy and the rest are just standing by their seats clapping.

With that said, do we really care? When is the last time the Cougars were this relevant?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post

Houston had some really good success when the run and shoot was still running and shooting, aka before Klingler and the Coogs went to Miami. I agree, hell yes storm the field, it was a big win and Houston fans saw this as another rung in the ladder. Many of us almost saw the football program get the axe, we are a passionate bunch.
Old 09-27-2009   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Is that game going to on T.V.?
good question.. i can't find anything on the net about it.

also, does anyone have a link to highlights of the game. i'd like to email the link to a couple of friends i have at tech...
Old 09-27-2009   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

My voice was lost after the game.

Great win by the Coogs!!!!

F&*^ the BCS!!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009   #15
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
good question.. i can't find anything on the net about it.

also, does anyone have a link to highlights of the game. i'd like to email the link to a couple of friends i have at tech...

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...8&league=ncaaf

The replay is there for the game. Watch it again, Houston does have at least one good football team.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

At least one team in this town can play some good football.

Way to go Cougahs!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

I can't believe Kirk Bohls of the Austin American Stateman wrote this...lol

Quote:
10 things from the college football weekend
Monday, September 28, 2009

1. Say goodbye to the Heisman race, Jevan Snead. He looked horrible in the loss to South Carolina on national television and wasn't even the best player on his own team. That was running back Dexter McCluster, the next great thing at the NFL level.

2. So Texas punked UT-El Paso, as we all expected, and Colt McCoy re-establishes himself as a Heisman favorite.

3. Incredible stat of the weekend: 10 top 10 teams have already lost in the first four weeks of the season. ESPN reported that in the first month of the last three seasons, only 13 top 10 teams fell.

4. Kansas has quietly become the best team in the Big 12 North, with all due respect to a coming-on-fast Nebraska. The Jayhawks are 4-0 for only the eighth time since 1920. The only team capable of beating them may be the Jayhawks basketball team. Ba-da-bing.

5. Give TCU a world of credit. Yes, the ACC is back to his lightweight ways, but the Horned Frogs are 2-0 against the ACC this year. Furthermore, dating back to 2002, the mighty Frogs are 13-3 in their last 16 games against teams from BCS conferences. Go, Mountain West.

6. A Texas-Houston BCS title game anyone? OK, it may not happen. But old Southwest Conference fans can dream, can't they? That's the only way these two teams will face each other because Texas still doesn't care for UH and won't ever schedule a game with the Cougars.

7. Sam Bradford reportedly consulted with Dr. James Andrews, surgeon to the baseball stars, about his sprained shoulder. Maybe the Oklahoma quarterback is thinking if this football thing doesn't work out, the Phillies could use him as a closer.

8. Stat of the day: After one quarter, Florida had outgained Kentucky 223-1. Stat No. 2 of the day: After three games, Texas A&M defensive end/linebacker Von Miller has 71/2 sacks.

9. As good a job as Mike Sherman has done in trying to erase last year's 4-8 record, the Texas A&M coach really should consider getting Ryan Tannehill on the field more often. He's a big-time playmaker and a great receiver on the order of Kansas' quarterback and receiver Kerry Meier. The Aggies are better, but they don't have so much depth they can afford to leave Tannehill on the sidelines for the bulk of the game.

10. We may well see a two-loss team in the BCS championship, a la two-loss LSU in 2007.

Texas doesn't care for what Houston could potentially do to their precious ranking win or lose.
Old 09-28-2009   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Only 8 hours till kick-off

Cougar Band Marching In

Waiting for kick-off

I've got great seats at Robertson Stadium

Fans rushing the field and giving the BCS a collective middle finger.

Victory is Sweet!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Great pic G. That had to have been after the game, right? I couldn't get relaxed for an hour after the game...lol.

BTW, How long did it take you to get off campus? I watched at home with my dad, but was curious.
Old 09-28-2009   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Also from the Statesman........

Quote:
Tech suspends Carter

LUBBOCK — Texas Tech star offensive lineman Brandon Carter has been suspended indefinitely by coach Mike Leach for violating team rules.

The Red Raiders did not provide specifics Sunday night. They lost to No. 17 Houston 29-28 late Saturday.
Interesting.

Mike Leach: "Hey Matt (OL coach Matt Moore). Come here, I've got a job for you........Go tell Brandon he's suspended."

Mike Moore: ........um huh?........Huh!?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read