Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2009   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What do you expect to see in the Jags game

Offense.

We should exploit their rookie CB Derek Cox and their SS Considine.
Their pass rush is nothing like the Titans nor the Jets.

Defense.

We should exploit their two rookie tackles Britton and Monroe.
Both have struggled against the Colts and the Cards.

Keep Garrard in the pocket and watch for MJD on the screen pass or dump pass into the flat.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #2
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you expect to see in the Jags game

Does everyone realize that in about 39 hours the Texans will be 2-1 and 2-0 in the division! This is easily the most talented team we've had and we are in the best position we've ever been in to compete for the division.

View the following video starting at 2:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjhOb...eature=related
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

What do I expect?

The Texans to forget Garrard can run, and let him come up with a couple of 4th down conversions.

MJD to break a couple of long runs on 3rd and a mile

The secondary to make Garrard look like a Hall of Famer

The Texans to still blow them out by double digits despite some embarrassing miscues.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Every game we play worries me.

I can think of a zillion bad things that could happen. And I half expect them to just because it's my team.

Can you tell I've been a fan of Houston teams for a LONG time?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #5
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: What do you expect to see in the Jags game

Slaton will have his first breakout game of he season, Schaub will continue what will be his best season ever with another 300 yd game(he will make the pro bowl this year) AJ eats up then Jags secondary and the Texans come away with another division win, there best performance of the season, thus far...that's what I see happening Sunday...t
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Slaton will have his first breakout game of he season, Schaub will continue what will be his best season ever with another 300 yd game(he will make the pro bowl this year) AJ eats up then Jags secondary and the Texans come away with another division win, there best performance of the season, thus far...that's what I see happening Sunday...t

Welcome to the site!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to the board, and put me in the column that hopes very much you're correct (especially about the Schaub prediction).
Old 09-26-2009   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm, since when did the Jags change to a 3-4 with Harvey play OLB?
Old 09-26-2009   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Welcome to the board, and put me in the column that hopes very much you're correct (especially about the Schaub prediction).
Yeah, Schaub may very well have a 400yd game!
Old 09-26-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

-30+ points

-Slaton runs the ball well

-Barwin gets a sack

-We get to Garrard a lot

-MJD is held under 70 yards
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect to see this.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #12
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect a heavy dose of Steve Slaton. Last week the Titans made the mistake of thinking that if you stop Slaton you stop the Texans offense, I think the Jags learned from last week and will try and make us beat them on the ground.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know exactly what to expect, but I wouldn't be counting my chickens before the eggs are hatched. The Texans have a history the last few years of playing up to or down to the level of competition. I'll be thrilled with a win but they better come to play and ready to put a hurt on the Jags.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I expect to see this.
I was there!
Old 09-26-2009   #15
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yeah, thanks to both of you..nice to be here, Schaub just seems to be really determined to stay on the field and lead this team, we know that he's one of the best in the league when he's healthy....I think he finally gets recognition for that this year...I just feel this is the season where we surprise people and make the leap...playoffs baby!!!
Old 09-26-2009   #16
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Domination of a fake Jags team
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, thanks to both of you..nice to be here, Schaub just seems to be really determined to stay on the field and lead this team, we know that he's one of the best in the league when he's healthy....I think he finally gets recognition for that this year...I just feel this is the season where we surprise people and make the leap...playoffs baby!!!
Ha, I just want to be sure we win this game first!
Old 09-26-2009   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
-30+ points

-Slaton runs the ball well

-Barwin gets a sack

-We get to Garrard a lot

-MJD is held under 70 yards
Our LBs need to have a good game!
And I hope we make sure to bring a safety up to watch him when we blitz our LBs.
Old 09-26-2009   #19
Bradster592
Now In Canada!

Rep Power: 9 Bradster592 is a Pro BowlerBradster592 is a Pro Bowler

- Lots of Slaton and MJD
- Garrard taking off/moving outside the pocket
- Lots of Matt to Andre
- Another win!

Bradster592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #20
Air Canada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Ha, I just want to be sure we win this game first!
I'm confident we will......this Jags team is just a shell of the team they were a couple of yrs. ago, I still expect MJD will still have some success running the ball, but not at all on the level of CJ last week....I think we have a better day on the ground with Slaton and it seems like Schaub won't face much more as far as pass rush from what I've seen from the Jags at this point...We usually play them tough, theres a lot more motivation to win this game and not have a letdown at home like with the Jets game where we just were completely unprepared for what Rex was ready to bring....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read