Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2009   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kudos to Joel Dressen

I wanted to give some credit to Dressen. Not only has he made some big catches the first two games but he has really stepped up and been solid as the long snapper. That can't be an easy thing to do with such limited experience. Thank you, Joel Dressen!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kudos to Joel Dressen

I've been saying we should incorporate him into our passing game a little more.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think we could go to a 3 TE lineup and really pose some matchup problems for a lot of teams. OD, Dreessen, and Casey can all catch the football.

And, if you recall the Chiefs game a couple of years ago, we went with 3 TE's and AJ when AJ busted that long one over the middle. Everyone bit on the play fake leaving a corner thinking he had inside help when he didn't get any.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joel Dressen has been playing very well this year. I can see the Texans putting the transition tag on Daniels and then trading him before next years draft, then Dressen will take over as the starter. I can see the Texans doing to same thing with Dunta next year. The transition tag will greatly lower their expected FA salaries making them tradeable, hopefully.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Joel Dressen has been playing very well this year. I can see the Texans putting the transition tag on Daniels and then trading him before next years draft, then Dressen will take over as the starter. I can see the Texans doing to same thing with Dunta next year. The transition tag will greatly lower their expected FA salaries making them tradeable, hopefully.
I never pay attention to these things.
How does a transition tag work?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I never pay attention to these things.
How does a transition tag work?

I think the transition tag means we can either pay them the avg of the top 10 paid players at their positions (instead of top 5 for franchise tag) and we get the right to match any offer the team gives the player. This leaves us vulnerable to "poison pill" contracts like when Steve Hutchinson was signed to the Vikings they put a clause in his contract that his cap hit would be a ridiculous number if he played a certain number of games in Seattle.

I dont think that it means we get compensation for the player, just the right to match the offer or pay them the average of the top 10 paid players at their position.
Old 09-26-2009   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I think the transition tag means we can either pay them the avg of the top 10 paid players at their positions (instead of top 5 for franchise tag) and we get the right to match any offer the team gives the player. This leaves us vulnerable to "poison pill" contracts like when Steve Hutchinson was signed to the Vikings they put a clause in his contract that his cap hit would be a ridiculous number if he played a certain number of games in Seattle.

I dont think that it means we get compensation for the player, just the right to match the offer or pay them the average of the top 10 paid players at their position.
If there's not a new CBA by then, there won't be a need to use a transition tag on Daniels, he can be made a RFA (again) - which does guarantee compensation if he ends up going somewhere else.
Old 09-26-2009   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

That is correct.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read