Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-14-2005   #1
Rovator
Veteran

Default Terrence Murphy

Does anyone else think he might be a solid pick up if availible in round 3? I think he could be a solid #2 or 3 WR in the league - he has good size, speed, character, and great athleticism. He also was one of the top Kick Returners his junior year (he was rarely kicked to his senior year). His knock is that he doesn't have great hands right now, but he has a good work ethic, so maybe we can get him on the same training program that Andre had last offseason.

He holds most of A&M's career receiving records, despite playing with 2 other WR's already in the NFL. He hasn't scored many touchdowns the past 2 years, but that may be because A&M prefers running once they got in the red zone. Career stats are 172 catches for 2600 yards and 10 touchdowns. He made 1st team All-Big 12.
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #2
Panther5407
All Pro

I love the idea of T-Murph being a Texan. But with Gaffney and Armstrong, I doubt we will go after him. I just hope he ends up somewhere where he can develope.
Old 02-14-2005   #3
astrofan
Veteran

I would rather have Murphy (or Bradley from choklahoma) than Chris Henry or Craphonso Thorpe
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #4
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

Like you mentioned, he was one of the leading kick returners his junior year. The guy has amazing speed, and he's a great playmaker. He seems to make the really difficult catches and drop the easiest ones though. I definitely wouldn't be opposed to drafting an Aggie, but it'd take alot of polish before he could be a reliable option in our offense, IMO. Similar to what we're doing with Starling I suppose.
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the same thing too last night as I was watching Murphy and D.J. workout here in Houston on T.V. I think if he's available in the 3rd round he would be a very nice pickup for us. Does anyone know how WR Fred Gibson projects in this years draft?
Old 02-15-2005   #6
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Does anyone know how WR Fred Gibson projects in this years draft?
I think he projects as a weenie. If his team ever wins the Superbowl, get on EBAY quick because I'm sure he'll be selling his ring.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read