Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2009   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Johnson and Jones fined for scrum

That is to say:

Johnson and Jones fined for scrum, not srum. srum is not a word.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6635467.html

Quote:
Texans receivers Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones have been fined for their roles in the fight on the sideline during Sunday's 34-31 victory at Tennessee.

Johnson, who was going at it with cornerback Cortland Finnegan on the Texans' sideline, was fined $7,500 by the NFL. Jones, who joined in the fight and threw punches, was fined $5,000.

Receiver David Anderson, who was called for a personal foul, wasn't fined. Titans defensive tackle Jason Jones, who was ejected for throwing a punch, was fined $5,000 on Wednesday.

No other Texans were fined.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson and Jones fined for srum

Chump change.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #3
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson should ask if he can donate that money to charity.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #4
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Chump change.
yeah, let's have another one here in Houston.
Old 09-24-2009   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

And worth every penny! If AJ and JJ needed it, hell, I'd even chip in on a fund to reimburse them. Even though times are lean, THAT was worth paying for.

Thank you AJ, JJ, MW, De Ryans and all the Texans who knocked the toothless wonder known as the Possum Squallor Hootinanies back to their hovels on Bumblescum Mountain crying both on and off the field!!!!

(Disclaimer before anyone poops their pants....I don't condone violence, we need sportsmanship, sprinkle in honesty and some other positive attributes where you feel necessary etc..etc..etc. I am glad no one got hurt and I do mean that seriously, but those punks in tinisea had it coming!)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson and Jones fined for scrum

I wonder if McNair flips the bill for it. I mean, we won, showed fight and well................it's freakin AJ.
Old 09-24-2009   #7
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I wonder if McNair flips the bill for it. I mean, we won, showed fight and well................it's freakin AJ.
Pretty sure that's against the rules of the CBA, all the income having to be reported, and all that.
Old 09-24-2009   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Lucky that Jacoby wasn't ejected. Got in the hidden punches
Old 09-24-2009   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

So, DA gets called and AJ gets the fine.....

I could easily see how someone could mistake the two for each other.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #10
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on Goodell, what'd you do?! Stand in front of the film with a magnifying glass to catch who did what? Petty!
Old 09-24-2009   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

At least no suspensions! I bet AJ would pay $7500 anytime to toss Finnegan around like a rag doll again.

I don't condone violence...unless it's against a Titan!!
Old 09-24-2009   #12
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24551 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm trying to remember if that was before or after he "fielded" the fair catch? Maybe we could have dodged that bullet either way!
Old 09-24-2009   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm wondering where the video evidence is since CBS f-ed up on the broadcast.

Apparently there was a fight on the sideline, but we got to watch Keith Bulluck watching the fight.
Old 09-24-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Apparently there was a fight on the sideline, but we got to watch Keith Bulluck watching the fight.
The NFL network replay showed footage of the whole thing. From the angle it appeared there was a camera around the 50 on the opposite side of the field
Old 09-24-2009   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
The NFL network replay showed footage of the whole thing. From the angle it appeared there was a camera around the 50 on the opposite side of the field
Cool. They'll probably show it on NFLTA today then.
Old 09-24-2009   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

We should trade AJ RIGHT NOW!! Bobby McNair wont have this sort of player on his team!
Old 09-24-2009   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Well, it's not like Roger Goodell can ignore Jeff Fisher. My guess is Jeff Fisher had something to do with it. Good call on watching Keith Bulluck watching the fight. All I can say is thanks CBS for the .7 seconds of what was really happening. I said it earlier this week and I'll say it again: If anyone truly needs to be fined it's Jeff Fisher. You want to kill a rattlesnake you cut it off at the head, not the rattle. If I'm Bob McNair, I can't just hand them the money but I'd find a way for them to make an appearance during the week to cover what they owe.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
At least no suspensions! I bet AJ would pay $7500 anytime to toss Finnegan around like a rag doll again.

I don't condone violence...unless it's against a Titan!!
First part is all I care about. There's no way we could've afforded to have AJ suspended especially considering the WR corps isn't at full strength.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #19
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The fines indicate to me that the league saw AJ as the instigator of the fight as he got a higher fine that anyone else. And, as the NFLN Replay angle showed, the fight did start when he dragged down Finnegan by the face mask. I thought it started because Slaton got flattened a second time after being tackled by Bulluck, but the later angle shows it started between AJ and Finnegan.

As fines go, this was pretty light (the Matt Schaub Fine Counter still sits at $90,000, for contrast). But I'm glad there were no suspensions.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #20
barrett
Hall of Fame

Thanks who ever fixed the title of this thread. I ended up doing extensive research on the word "srum" turns out, as I expected, it's not a word. Found some stimulating acronyms though!

Synchrotron Radiation User Meeting
or
Strategic Random Utility Model

I'm sure you're all dying to know this stuff.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read