Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-24-2009   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dallas Cowboys Release Jerry Jones

Quote:
IRVING, TEXAS—In an attempt to cut the franchise's losses and "move forward in a positive direction," the Dallas Cowboys severed ties with controversial owner Jerry Jones Monday, ending their tumultuous 20-year relationship with the divisive figure.

According to sources within the Cowboys organization, the decision to release Jones was influenced by the lack of any playoff victories in more than 12 years, the owner's distracting sideline antics, and his selfish, "me first" attitude, which many said was having a cancerous effect on the clubhouse.

"We value Jerry's contributions to the Cowboys over the past two decades, but it has become painfully clear that we just don't share the same priorities," Cowboys public relations director Richard Dalrymple said. "This wasn't an easy choice to make, but we're confident it is a decision that can only make our team better."
http://www.theonion.com/content/news...urce=a-section

Uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu.....
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dallas Cowboys Release Jerry Jones

That's funny...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #3
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerry Jones just may end up being the next Al Davis.
Old 09-24-2009   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't open the link, but does this mean that we will have to move back to Texas Stadium?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Jerry Jones just may end up being the next Al Davis.
maybe in being a bad evaluator of talent but not in business..look at the difference in the stadiums. Even Texas Stadium was better than that place the Raiders play.

Didn't somebody post on here that the Raiders are probably going to angle to try to move back to LA when their lease is up?
Old 09-24-2009   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Jerrah "mix in some tissue next home game" Jones!
Old 09-24-2009   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude looks like Skeletor. I can never get past that. He's got that old parchment skin stretched so tight over his skull that he just looks freakish to me. You would think that with that much money he could afford a better grade of plastic surgery. Something a little more natural looking.
Old 09-24-2009   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Dude looks like Skeletor. I can never get past that. He's got that old parchment skin stretched so tight over his skull that he just looks freakish to me. You would think that with that much money he could afford a better grade of plastic surgery. Something a little more natural looking.
Or just age gracefully like the rest of us....
Old 09-24-2009   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Joan Rivers has millions and look at her. Eh..Jerry was never a good looking guy pre or post surgery. Nothing changes.
Old 09-24-2009   #10
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
maybe in being a bad evaluator of talent but not in business..look at the difference in the stadiums. Even Texas Stadium was better than that place the Raiders play.

Didn't somebody post on here that the Raiders are probably going to angle to try to move back to LA when their lease is up?
You're reading too much into what I wrote. But..... I don't fault Jerry for his business skills, but a lot of the Cowboys success with the business and marketing success was there long before JJ owned the team.

As for Al and stadiums, I'm sure he would jump to any new stadium being built in Cali if he could find one.
Old 09-24-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're reading too much into what I wrote. But..... I don't fault Jerry for his business skills, but a lot of the Cowboys success with the business and marketing success was there long before JJ owned the team.
As for Al and stadiums, I'm sure he would jump to any new stadium being built in Cali if he could find one.
True but he was the masteming behind alot of the stadium sponsorships that were at first refused and then applauded to make the owners and league money. He is A-1 on the product, just not at GM.
Old 09-24-2009   #12
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
True but he was the masteming behind alot of the stadium sponsorships that were at first refused and then applauded to make the owners and league money. He is A-1 on the product, just not at GM.
I agree, I just don't see JJ or anyone else having the same success in a smaller market. Buying the Dallas Cowboys over say the St. Louis Rams gave him a great start, and helps with his marketing. He could have spent the rest of his born days trying to get the others to allow stadium sponsorships, and may not have succeeded. JJ has been a huge part in making billion$ for the NFL.
Old 09-24-2009   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

This embarrassment must have been the last straw.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Actually under Bum Bright's ownership the Cowboys were losing money. He was a horrid owner.
Old 09-24-2009   #15
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I believe I did. I mean, all signs do point to the Raiders moving back to L.A. Oakland is already going to lose the Athletics to San Jose, so I believe they may try something to keep the Raiders in Oakland. There have been talks of building a new stadium for the Raiders...but, thats all they have been so far...just talk.

I expect to see the Raiders playing here soon: http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #16
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 399 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

He's the reason I'm no longer a Cowboys fan. From 78'/79' when I discovered them as a kid, up until 89' when he did what he did to Tom Landry, I won't even think twice about them until he sells the team or dies.
Still bothers me to this day that Tom broke down saying good-bye to his team all because of that dude.

It is what it is, but I'm a Texan now!
Old 09-24-2009   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I believe I did. I mean, all signs do point to the Raiders moving back to L.A. Oakland is already going to lose the Athletics to San Jose, so I believe they may try something to keep the Raiders in Oakland. There have been talks of building a new stadium for the Raiders...but, thats all they have been so far...just talk.

I expect to see the Raiders playing here soon: http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/
Thank you..I knew I saw it on here somewhere. And you would know!

I don't care for the Raiders as a team but the fans are freaky loyal to them. Got to admire that.
Old 09-24-2009   #18
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
He's the reason I'm no longer a Cowboys fan. From 78'/79' when I discovered them as a kid, up until 89' when he did what he did to Tom Landry, I won't even think twice about them until he sells the team or dies.
Still bothers me to this day that Tom broke down saying good-bye to his team all because of that dude.

It was wrong but Tom forgave him. Perhaps that is the proof a what a good man he was.

I had season tickets for the Cowboys at that time. I can't begin to tell you how many fans in my section that I had sat next to for many years were all in agreement that Coach Landry needed to be replaced..that it was time for some new blood.

But still..he definitely deserved far better.
Old 09-24-2009   #19
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post

very nice stadium..thanks for the link.

I didn't even know this was being talked about to the point of actually designing a facility.
Old 09-24-2009   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post

He didn't do it the right way but it was the right thing to do. Landry was past his prime and as a long time Cowboy fan I was excited about the change. I don't get the concept of people quitting teams to tell you the truth. You can't control owners, etc but if they are your lifelong team there should be loyalty. I don't agree with everything Jerry has done and he pisses me off plenty but overall he turned around the franchise and made the gap between the 25 straight winning seasons and the next SBs pretty short. He is great for the league and for the Cowboys except in how he has handled the GM moves off and on. He needs to back away there. Pissed or happy I can't fault his wanting to win or enthusiasm.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read