Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2009   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Am I the only one with no animosity towards Dunta?

I know alot of people here seem to have it in for the guy.. but personally I am still happy to have him.

I know there was alot of negative stuff flying around when he got mad for being franchised...and his hold out.. and then this whole shoe thing.

But thats all the business side of things and, while that stuff is important and all... it really isnt the MOST important thing to me.

What IS important to me is that Dunta was drafted by the Texans, has played hard for us since day one, and before his injury he was one of the best young CBs in the league.

He lost a step when he got injured..and that is understandable.. but whos to say he cant come back and be that player for us again?

Additionally.. Ive always liked that he speaks his mind and isnt afraid to be blunt about it. He isnt a showboat.. and he doesnt talk smack needlessly.. and what smack he does talk, he has backed up.

All in all.. I consider him to be "one of our own".. and possibly one of the best players we have on defense.. so im just hoping that the business side will work out and Dunta will find his groove again and return to the dominant CB he was in his first few years.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Am I the only one with no animosity towards Dunta?

i don't hate the guy, i just don't think he's an upper echelon cb like some others do. i will if he proves he is, but i'll reserve judgement 'til then.
Old 09-24-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we win, no one should care about anything from the past with Dunta. Isn't that all we really want, to win?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta is still one of my favorite players.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #5
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't hold any animosity towards Dunta.
I do think the no training camp business was sorta orchestrated. I've seen it before when vets didn't want to endure training camp. They hold out until it's over then - a miracle occurs - and the terms they found insulting all summer, were suddenly "okay". If I had a job offer with some company and they left it up to me when I had to report to work - I'd take a month or two off, if (1) they'd agree to that and (2) I could afford no paychecks for that period then I'd do it too. My daughter did it upon graduation from A&M. She got out in May and didn't start work until July 1st. When you have bargaining power it's stupid not to use it.

I think the business with the shoes was idiotic. He should have known that he was on thin ice with at least half the fanbase and this would push more of them over the "get-rid-of-him" edge.
Dumb. Reeeally dumb.

I think he has way over-valued his worth. He's good but not as good as he thinks he is. Give McCain or Glover a year in our system and one of them will take his job.

But am I mad at him?
No.
What's the point of that?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #6
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

He's still the heart and soul of this team to me. By far the best vocal leader we have ever had to this point.

Is he a top 5 cover corner? No, but not many corners are. He does hit hard and gets the whole team and stadium jacked and I think it's valuable to us.

I hold no animosity for a guy who is just a product of the NFL and the money they give players these days.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I got nothing against Dunta.

I just think he wants to go somewhere else.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2009   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all business as far as I'm concerned. I am more worried about them paying him long term than I am about him. I don't want them to waste money on him if he doesn't play well. So far, he's played very average, like a guy who didn't practice for 4 months.

I understand the business side of the game and the only part about it that upsets me is the "dance" of it all.

They fra.nchised him, he didn't show up until he was getting payed. Okay. You wouldn't show up to your job if you weren't getting paid for it either.

That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. If he plays wonderfully and deserves a long term then give it to him. thus far.... i'm not seeing it and I think in the end they will get his value's worth for him.

I'm a big BIG fan of our GM and this kind of stuff is why.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta Robinson is still one of my favorite. I am looking forward to him laying the wood on someone this weekend.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm tired of hearing about him being the biggest little hitter this side of the ball and anxiously await the day when this mythical, legendary skill appears on the field again. Tackling in the secondary is below below-average and he's part of it. For 10 mil that he complains about. No, I don't hate the person but yes, the player is getting on my last nerves.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no animals for him.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

His off the field antics got old quick this last off season. Animosity? No. Do I think he's dumber than I thought. Yes.

Producing on the field can change minds though.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it all comes down to him just thinking he's a better cover corner than he really is. I think he really believes he deserves more that what the Texans will pay him and the shoe thing is just his frustration coming out.

One thing he really needs to do is just start hitting people again because he's whiffing on tackles right now. Apparently, he did shut down somebody in Tennessee, but that's probably not saying much.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have an animosity towards the guy. I don't know these guys. I used to think of him as a favorite because he seemed like a hard worker, a hard hitter, a guy who wanted to win and I liked that he had the balls to call out Carr and tell the truth. But that has changed on a player level for me.

He held out wanting Top 5 money and he isn't even near a Top 5 CB. His best year was as a rookie and he hasn't touched that since. With an injury no team will pay him that money. So he held out and he needed camp.

So he comes back not in full football shape, gets to start and then pulls the shoe stunt and the comments after. A completely bush league move and pretty B-Team.

Add that to his play which hasn't been up to snuff and the fact that he is trying to be aggressive by being stupid...the non-flagged calls, etc and I have a hard time really trusting the guy as a defensive leader or player. Maybe he steps it up as the games go on.

So overal, no animosity at all but I lost alot of respect and don't think he is so talented right now that he is doing much more than anyone else. His actions aren't really "leader-like." What else can you say. It isn't the same Dunta as a few years back so I'm not going to act like it is. People act like he was "needed." At this point, I'm not sure.
Old 09-24-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think it all comes down to him just thinking he's a better cover corner than he really is. I think he really believes he deserves more that what the Texans will pay him and the shoe thing is just his frustration coming out.

One thing he really needs to do is just start hitting people again because he's whiffing on tackles right now. Apparently, he did shut down somebody in Tennessee, but that's probably not saying much.
This.

rep your way. nicely put.
Old 09-24-2009   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of how any of us feel, he needs to not make any boneheaded mistakes like he did at the end of the Tennessee game, he almost got a personal foul after the Collins fumble, that could have cost us the game.

STUPID FREAKIN' MOVE, one more like that and I will have all kinds of problems with him.
Old 09-24-2009   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Regardless of how any of us feel, he needs to not make any boneheaded mistakes like he did at the end of the Tennessee game, he almost got a personal foul after the Collins fumble, that could have cost us the game.

STUPID FREAKIN' MOVE, one more like that and I will have all kinds of problems with him.
Really? When?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just win .
Old 09-24-2009   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i don't hate the guy, i just don't think he's an upper echelon cb like some others do. i will if he proves he is, but i'll reserve judgement 'til then.
I RESPECTFULLY disagree. Robinson for the bulk of the time he's been here, has been one of the leaders on the Texan's defense and at points has been doing the work of TWO CBs out there. If the Texans cut him, he'll find his way onto a roster than will PAY him what he's worth and retire with a superbowl ring. The man has been busting his butt for the franchise since game one. Pay him already. Now FINE ME RICK!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post

You're right...it's not like he's coming off an INJURY or anything...OH WAIT...he is. Give the man a minute to shake the rust off why don't cha? That season after Polomalu came back from an injury wasn't his most stellar, but he regained his edge. Thus shall it be with Dunta. Give Dunta the same courtesy. Besides we're what 2 whole games into the season?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read