Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-23-2009   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Say what you want about him...but I love this guy!

I'm sorry, one may call him a showboat, but Chad Johnson makes football entertaining! How dull would the sport be without this guy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,191579

Ocho-Cinco (which I believe should be ochenta y cinco...but what do I know) I aint mad at cha baby!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Say what you want about him...but I love this guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
I'm sorry, one may call him a showboat, but Chad Johnson makes football entertaining! How dull would the sport be without this guy?

Ocho-Cinco (which I believe should be ochenta y cinco...but what do I know) I aint mad at cha baby!
I don't have a problem with the guy at all. He's an *****, but he is also an entertaining *****. If he would ever going back to paying attention to just playing football, he'd be one of if not the best WRs in the league.
Old 09-23-2009   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't stand the guy.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I never hear about him at all, and I have to say, football's pretty good without him.
Old 09-23-2009   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Chad's one of the best receivers in the league. Yeah right, Playoff games played in 1, Playoff games won 0. I think that says it all. If he was as good as he thinks he is in his own mind the Bengals would have won a SB already.

Dont compare AJ to him. Chad has had real talent around him Palmer, Housh and what used to be a good OL.

Chad is a glory hound who is all about the money. He could care less about winning.

Thank god he's not a Texan.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Chad's one of the best receivers in the league. Yeah right, Playoff games played in 1, Playoff games won 0. I think that says it all. If he was as good as he thinks he is in his own mind the Bengals would have won a SB already.

So the playoff-less AJ and CJ are both just so-so receivers?

Seriously though, Chad isn't one of the NFL's premier receivers at the moment, and definitely wasn't last year. How much of that was the QB situation is debatable...plus he had a great number 2 receiver to pick up the catches when he was being focused on by defenses.

As for his 'antics' though. Well, I enjoy them. Its nice to get some comic relief in football, be it wacky celebrations, or trying to piss off the league, just for the fun of it. His whole wanting to leave Cinci thing was kinda pathetic, but overall his off the field stuff just makes me laugh. He hasn't been in trouble with the law as far as I remember, his stunts are mostly harmless, and causes a few of the more lighthearted moments of the serious Sunday matchups.

That said, I wouldn't want his media grabbing in Houston....just any other team is fine by me.
Old 09-23-2009   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dont compare AJ to him. Chad has had real talent around him Palmer, Housh and what used to be a good OL.

Chad is a glory hound who is all about the money. He could care less about winning.

the lack of playoff success doesn't really have much to do with Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him Ochocinco), it has more to do with him having the most injury prone QB in the league (that's right.....more injury prone than Schaub, yet the media never talks about it) and being surrounded by nothing, but thugs and criminals over the last couple of years. (which Chad Johnson was not one of them) Infact that's also the reason why he's 0-1 in the playoffs.....the Bengals probably would've beat the Steelers in that game if Palmer didn't go down with a knee injury.

This is STILL a team sport and the Bengals haven't exactly been having great "team" success lately. There's plenty of stuff to rag on Chad about without pinning the whole debacle known as the "Bengals" on him too.

After all, Andre is probably the best WR in the league and he's never even had a winning season with this team.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-23-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2009   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I never hear about him at all, and I have to say, football's pretty good without him.
yeah, it's like saying "sex would be pretty boring without all the bondage and s&m."

um no, you're still having sex. the extra stuff is unnecessary.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I disagree. I think his antics are silly and childish. Changing your name to some Spanish number has got to be one of the dopiest things to do. He's just a guy that cries for attention every other day, and is a diva WR that is more trouble than he is worth.

And the sport isn't dull at all without him. He was non existent last season and the it was a great season for football. He doesn't make anything better to me.

What makes football exciting to me is to see a guy like Ray Lewis and what a great leader he is and the amazing plays he makes like he did last week, or how what amazing plays Troy Polumolu makes. I don't need to clown behavior and the silly show boating for it to be interesting and entertaining to me.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah, it's like saying "sex would be pretty boring without all the bondage and s&m."

Bringing it home

LOL
Old 09-23-2009   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Changing your name to some Spanish number has got to be one of the dopiest things to do.
I've seen worse.....

Signed,

World B. Free

Old 09-23-2009   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Palmer was a great QB until he hurt his knee.

Chad Johnson wouldn't make a pimple on AJ's or Randy Moss A** . IMO
Old 09-23-2009   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Palmer was a great QB until he hurt his knee.

Chad Johnson wouldn't make a pimple on AJ's or Randy Moss A** . IMO
From 2003-07 Chad was right there with the other elite WOs in this league. He's a annoying little child, but that still doesn't mean he wasn't a great player when he was on top of his game.
Old 09-23-2009   #14
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post

A tall Russian woman clad in a black leather mini skirt, matching biker jacket and a smile...and I night I won't forget. I regret ...NOTHING! I'll bet your favorite ice cream flavor is plain vanilla too right?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 09-23-2009   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I disagree. I think his antics are silly and childish. Changing your name to some Spanish number has got to be one of the dopiest things to do. He's just a guy that cries for attention every other day, and is a diva WR that is more trouble than he is worth.

And the sport isn't dull at all without him. He was non existent last season and the it was a great season for football. He doesn't make anything better to me.

What makes football exciting to me is to see a guy like Ray Lewis and what a great leader he is and the amazing plays he makes like he did last week, or how what amazing plays Troy Polumolu makes. I don't need to clown behavior and the silly show boating for it to be interesting and entertaining to me.

Every sport needs the occasional Clown Prince...I agree with you on the other stuff.
Old 09-23-2009   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I loved football before all these attention whores showed up and I'll love it when (hopefully) they go away. I just can't agree with you on this one Dread.
Old 09-23-2009   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
yeah, I never understand the perspective that showboats and big mouths make football interesting. The game itself is really all that matters, and the rest of the stuff is ancillary and irrelevant, IMO.

I've got no problem if others enjoy whatever, but it's game play that interests me. But as always, to each his own. I do understand that it's all entertainment at the end of the day.

Quote:

I feel the same way about plays on the field. Ray Lewis busting through the line to end the game the other day was powerful. His energy translates to what you see on the field. He doesn't need to plan out any celebrations in the mirror, and what you see when he's pumped up is pure and spontaneous.

I've always admired the way Earl went about it. His attitude was act like you've been there before and will be there again. He just handed the ball to the ref and did not need individual spotlight time in a team sport.
Old 09-24-2009   #18
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
the lack of playoff success doesn't really have much to do with Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him Ochocinco), it has more to do with him having the most injury prone QB in the league (that's right.....more injury prone than Schaub, yet the media never talks about it) and being surrounded by nothing, but thugs and criminals over the last couple of years. (which Chad Johnson was not one of them) Infact that's also the reason why he's 0-1 in the playoffs.....the Bengals probably would've beat the Steelers in that game if Palmer didn't go down with a knee injury.

This is STILL a team sport and the Bengals haven't exactly been having great "team" success lately. There's plenty of stuff to rag on Chad about without pinning the whole debacle known as the "Bengals" on him too.

After all, Andre is probably the best WR in the league and he's never even had a winning season with this team.
Agreed.

And I think Chad Johnson/Ochocinco is funny. The league is dull without him. He's the Ron Artest of the NFL.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I loved football before all these attention whores showed up and I'll love it when (hopefully) they go away. I just can't agree with you on this one Dread.

"Attention whores?" Are you serious? This game has always been ripe with attention whores. Al Davis, "Broadway" Joe Namath, "Hollywood" Henderson, Brian Bosworth, Jim McMahon, Michael Irwin, Jerry Glanville, and lest we forget Deion "Prime Time" Sanders aka Neon Deion all did the EXACT same thing Johnson is doing. Thing is when they did it, they were merely called "flamboyant." Yeah I know you're going to argue that all of those guys were better athletes than Chad "Ocho-cinco/Johnson" and you're probably right, I am however saying that the game has to have at least one colorful character every now and again.
Perhaps they're superfluous as many on this thread seem to think, but i think they're fun. That's all I'M saying.

Last edited by Dread-Head; 09-24-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-24-2009   #20
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

This clown is even more annoying than Terrell Owens. He is a buffoon and clown. I don't think he's a bad guy like Ray Lewis, Vick or Pacman but he is a big DB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read