Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Texans not one of the most surprising victories of week 2

According to the poll currently on www.nfl.com: Is this a case of the national media finally giving us respect or just overlooking us yet again? I'm thinking its the latter

Watch Playbook on NFL Network at 6 p.m. ET.

Which was the most surprising win in Week 2?
Raiders over Chiefs, 13-10
Bears over Steelers, 17-14
Jets over Patriots, 16-9
Bengals over Packers, 31-24
Old 09-23-2009   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans not one of the most surprising victories of week 2

I dont understand how a 9-7 team from last year, beating a disassembled Patriots team is very surprising.

Also the Raiders over the Cheifs. Who wasnt expecting that???

Bengals over Pack, and Texans over Titans was the most shocking.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a case of us being ignored which is A OK by me. I want this team to play with the "us vs. the world mentality" anyway and we should all know by now that most media outlets, no matter what the subject matter, are nothing but shills and empty suits and skirts. Pay no mind to them.

By far the most "shocking" had to be our game and the Bengals game IMO.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

So you are wanting to be listed as a surprising win and asking for respect at the same time.

How about the respect comes in the form of not being listed as a surprising win?
Old 09-23-2009   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So you are wanting to be listed as a surprising win and asking for respect at the same time.

How about the respect comes in the form of not being listed as a surprising win?
*erp*

That's just not what I was thinking at all. I was carrying over us guaranteed to lose after that Jets debacle and wanted respect for beating the Titans despite the odds. I actually complained about this in another thread yesterday.

My bad.

Thanks for setting me straight! I like it a lot!

Old 09-23-2009   #6
Texans_bull
Veteran

Rep Power: 22 Texans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of Famer

Its OK if they don't recognize us now... but just wait and see they will have no choice to be talking about us later this year....

Because I BELIEVE In our team this year... We will Shock the World...
Texans_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

cicny over packers was no surprise i knew cincy would be good this year and we are going to have a heck of a time plaing them at there house

Radiers vs Cheifs people cared about this game a divison game big woop LOL

TO me Bears over the mighty steelers was the most surprise game
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2009   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It was the most surprising win of the week TO ME!
Old 09-23-2009   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I dont understand how a 9-7 team from last year, beating a disassembled Patriots team is very surprising.
Rookie head coach, rookie quarterback. National coverage on a very hyped up game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Rookie head coach, rookie quarterback. National coverage on a very hyped up game.
As well as the inclusion of Tom Brady who missed last season with the leg.
Old 09-23-2009   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not to mention Rex Ryan talking before the game.

I thought the Move up for Sanchez was a mistake, but looks like he's been smart enough to understand he doesn't have to go out there and win games on his own. Must be nice to be able to trust your defense.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Too true that is the reason why that game got so much love! I think my head may explode if I see much more media man love for Sanchez the magic quarterback from USC who never did a G-Damn thing in college and has done mostly dink and dunk passes and been on the winning side 2x's. Well, he must be the second frickin coming of Joe frickin Montana I guess!

I don't know if it's just the coverage, Sanchez himself or a combination of the two, but I want to see a D shut him down and someone Sergio Kendall his ass like Taylor Potts (spelling on both?) over the weekend! I don't wanna see the kid get hurt, but for the love of GOD, someone on D give this kid a "Welcome to the NFL" moment and make him sniff the smelling salt!! Then maybe the leg humping bonanza by the media will slow down some. JEEZ!!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 09-23-2009   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, for at least one more week we need to root for Sanchez and the Jets. I would love to see the Titans start their season 0-3!
Old 09-23-2009   #14
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well, for at least one more week we need to root for Sanchez and the Jets. I would love to see the Titans start their season 0-3!

LOL....forgot about that.

Any team that can make the Possum Squallor Hootinanies from Bumblescum Mountain look bad, I'll root for LOL!

OK....any further games that the Jets have against the rest of the AFC South...."Go J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets!!"

(But AFC South teams, please feel free to rag doll Sanchez the magic QB a few times!)

Last edited by HTown2ATX; 09-23-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-23-2009   #15
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
cicny over packers was no surprise i knew cincy would be good this year and we are going to have a heck of a time plaing them at there house

Then you were the only one. I dont know anyone that thought Cinci had a chance against GB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read