Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What kind of game do you expect from the Texans against the Jags?

I expect the running game to improve slightly. Not a lot, but a little. At this point, all we can hope for is baby steps. I expect to see more of Chris Brown being involved.

I think the passing game continues to roll, because the Jags don't have any serious pass rushers that will be in Schaub's face the entire game. I think the Texans O line will be able to block their D line and LB's pretty well.

I expect another huge game from the opposing team's RB again. It won't be near as big as CJ's game though, but no way do I think that the Texans will be able to shut down MJD, nor do I think that they'll even be able to contain him. I think the Texans secondary plays a lot better through in the passing game this week since the Jags WR situation is pretty shaky right now and it should be inconsistent. I think that the Texans will have their best pass rush we've seen all year this week.

Texans win this game 28-17.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: What kind of game do you expect from the Texans against the Jags?

I think the running game should be able to get going in spurts. We're gonna have a few 1 or 2 yard gains but we're gonna see Slaton be able to break a 20+ yarder or so every so often because they're gonna be so focused on stopping our passing game.

I think our run defense will look a lot better because we're gonna stack the box to stop MJD but probably give up some plays against the pass because we're so focused on MJD and not their thin WR corps.

Hopefully we can grab a quick 2 or 3 score lead to get them away from the run and force them to beat us with the weakest part of their offense.

If we can force them to pass we can see how aggressive we'll REALLY get when the defense is allowed to pin their ears back. I hope to see Cushing get his number called in a couple blitz packages just so we can see him show another facet of his game at the pro level that he showed in college he was capable of doing.
Old 09-23-2009   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect to see the Texans play UP to the level they played last week minus the 2 lapses on D. I expect them NOT to play DOWN to the level of our opponents.

Kubiak must get this team to show consistency and it starts Sunday.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Kubiak must get this team to show consistency and it starts Sunday.
Couldn't agree more. We should score first and never look back this Sunday. If it's anywhere close to a tight game (or, god forbid a loss) then we'll all know what's up.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #6
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

I sense blowout. 38-13.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to have a statement game like they had on Monday Night Football.

We are better coached, more talented, and more motivated to succeed. There's no reason not to come out and jump all over the Jags.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2009   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
I sense blowout. 38-13.
I noticed you didn't say who would win.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #9
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Most likely scenerio.

Heads we'll dominate
Tails we'll get dominated

Who knows which side it will land on.
Old 09-23-2009   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect a hard fought game because the Jaguars don't need good DB's or pass rushers to give us trouble. They just always seem to play hard against us. I expect our offense to pick up where they left off last week and I expect our defense to improve. I expect us to win and play well doing it.
Old 09-23-2009   #11
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

jags will be making a deposit
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I expect is to be surprised. This team never performs as expected. We'll either play well and turn a few heads or we'll come out and lay an egg.

Which is more likely? Who knows
Old 09-23-2009   #13
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the game will be a game of time of possession. who ever has the ball longer will come out on top. With MJD running the ball trying to control the clock like they normally do. If our defense can stop the run and create some 3 and outs and our offence can control the clock and the ball with limited turn overs there is no way we can lose this game.
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i except a hard fought divison game the jags will be playing for there playoff lifes trying to avoid a 0-3

We are in battle red at home if we dont win this then man ... that would really suck
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I do not care about the running game at this time. For me it is vital that we take advantage of the momentum out passing game has, keep on firing and make sure that we build on last weeks success. Who knows, if we do it several games in a row it might stick?

Keep firing, run it now and then.

Ofcourse it'll be the exact opposite
Old 09-23-2009   #16
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The only thing I expect is to be surprised. This team never performs as expected. We'll either play well and turn a few heads or we'll come out and lay an egg.

Pretty much what I think. This team is capable of going out there and blowing the Jags up offensively or just as capable of laying a goose egg on both sides of the ball.

Jags against the Colts showed a good bit of 3-4 looks. If you've got the personnel to run it against the team it's been more then effective lately.

I expect a real tough game with the Texans edging them out with a last second Kris Brown FG. One thing should be for sure the entire Texans D better be keying on MJD.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #17
Dapper
Veteran

Rep Power: 33 Dapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respectedDapper is a quality contributor and well respected

this would be a good week to get reeves some pt i expect our running game to break out of it's slump as they concentrate on trying to slow down our passing attack. if we go pass happy to start with, we can pop them with draws and screens to build the lead, then just cram it down their throats with chris brown late. We should get 3-4 sacks and 1-2 to's in our favor as our d will bring it for four quarters. they still give up a long run/pass but it will be over with by the end of the 3rd quarter. sounds like a plan, hope it works.

texans-32
jags-10
Old 09-23-2009   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

That is exactly what I'm 'expecting'. If we win decisively, I won't be surprised. If we play flat and lose, I won't be surprised.

This is the kind of team we have. I wouldn't put bet money (or avatars) on them, I've learned that much.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I wouldn't put bet money (or avatars) on them, I've learned that much.
I've learned that as well. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #20
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm expecting the offense to keep it rolling, especially with Walter back in the line up. I expect the first 100yd game from Steve Slaton (if he can hold on to the ball!). And I expect a "W", although it will be a little harder than some think.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read