Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2009   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 274 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aldrige gone?

Looks like the stay was brief...

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — The Washington Redskins have placed guard Randy Thomas on injured reserve and signed running back Anthony Alridge from the Houston Texans' practice squad.
Alridge spent training camp with the Redskins, rushing 10 times for 46 yards in two preseason games. He was an undrafted free agent from the University of Houston who spent last season on the Broncos' injured reserve list with a foot injury.
Thomas tore his right triceps in Sunday's win over the St. Louis Rams. Tuesday's moves gives the Redskins five running backs on their 53-man roster.

LINK: http://www.redskins.com/gen/index.jsp
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aldrige gone?

good luck to him
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish the best to this kid, he's gotta be racking up a lot of frequent flyer miles on the plus side of things!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That sucks. I'd hate to go to the Redskins.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If you sign someone off another team's practice squad, don't they have to go on the active roster?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #6
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If you sign someone off another team's practice squad, don't they have to go on the active roster?
Correct and that's what the original post states.
Old 09-22-2009   #7
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 175 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Only reason they brought him in was to use him as the Chris Johnson clone on the scout team in preparation for the Titans game. Happens all the time in the NFL.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2009   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz90 View Post
Only reason they brought him in was to use him as the Chris Johnson clone on the scout team in preparation for the Titans game. Happens all the time in the NFL.
We are going to need a better clone next time.
Old 09-22-2009   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Did you stop for a moment to think those plays that we were burned by CJ were exactly the plays I said would best suit AA?

Why would a team like the Redskins put him on active roster?
So that they can scout us?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Did you stop for a moment to think those plays that we were burned by CJ were exactly the plays I said would best suit AA?

Why would a team like the Redskins put him on active roster?
So that they can scout us?
Why would I think about that, and why would the Redskins need Aldridge to scout us? Maybe I do not understand the context of your questions.
Old 09-22-2009   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do we need a better clone?
Old 09-22-2009   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Why do we need a better clone?
Because the one used did not help.
Old 09-22-2009   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Because the one used did not help.
He did!

He showed that speed can burn. When you allow the smallest of an opening.
I watched them both in CUSA including Matt Forte, who is not a speed burner.
I know what they can do!

The Texans coaches and the players, after seeing that first hand, still cannot adapt, speak volume to the state of this team.

I know they try...

But to say that AA is not good as to emulate C.J., I'm sorry... I lost my cool!
Old 09-22-2009   #14
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did!

He showed that speed can burn. When you allow the smallest of an opening.
I watched them both in CUSA including Matt Forte, who is not a speed burner.
I know what they can do!

The Texans coaches and the players, after seeing that first hand, still cannot adapt, speak volume to the state of this team.

I know they try...

But to say that AA is not good as to emulate C.J., I'm sorry... I lost my cool!
The CJ big plays were on all the defensive players not the coaches. When Frank Bush calls play "x" , is it completely ridiculous to ask that all personnel involved in play "x" be on the field and in the right place before the ball is even snapped? I think not. Bonehead mistakes from young guys is what it is.
Old 09-22-2009   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
The CJ big plays were on all the defensive players not the coaches. When Frank Bush calls play "x" , is it completely ridiculous to ask that all personnel involved in play "x" be on the field and in the right place before the ball is even snapped? I think not. Bonehead mistakes from young guys is what it is.
Where were you when Richard Smith needs you?
Old 09-23-2009   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where were you when Richard Smith needs you?
There was no silver lining in a Richard Smith defense. Joey Harrington looked
like Peyton Manning out there. Smith's defense also allowed Mark Brunell
to break the NFL consecutive completion record.

Teams have not moved the ball much on 1st and 2nd downs on the Texans.
I expect the young guys to eventually CORRECT their coverage-blowing
ways. Bush's scheme actually fits the aggressive nature of the personnel.
I got tired of watching our D get carved up on 8 to 10 minute drives, with
no chance at creating a TURNOVER. The Texans have already caused
at least 1 turnover in each game.

Last year, they would go an entire MONTH without creating one. So no,
Richard Smith can coach linebackers in Carolina. I wish him well.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
There was no silver lining in a Richard Smith defense. Joey Harrington looked
like Peyton Manning out there. Smith's defense also allowed Mark Brunell
to break the NFL consecutive completion record.

Teams have not moved the ball much on 1st and 2nd downs on the Texans.
I expect the young guys to eventually CORRECT their coverage-blowing
ways. Bush's scheme actually fits the aggressive nature of the personnel.
I got tired of watching our D get carved up on 8 to 10 minute drives, with
no chance at creating a TURNOVER. The Texans have already caused
at least 1 turnover in each game.

Last year, they would go an entire MONTH without creating one. So no,
Richard Smith can coach linebackers in Carolina. I wish him well.
Trust me, when Frankie got the job, I put in a simple question, will we see the 46. He didn't answer it and I don't blame him.

I love Buddy Ryan when he was with the Oilers.
He is still my second favorite after Bum Phillips.

But we don't have enough personnel to run the darn thing.
Pressure is only as good as coverage and run support.

Wilson is decent, but he's not going to cut it in a super aggressive scheme.
After that, we have nothing!
You tell me who you can trust when we attack up front and they get past our line of attack?
Old 09-23-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Trust me, when Frankie got the job, I put in a simple question, will we see the 46. He didn't answer it and I don't blame him.

I love Buddy Ryan when he was with the Oilers.
He is still my second favorite after Bum Phillips.

But we don't have enough personnel to run the darn thing.
Pressure is only as good as coverage and run support.

Wilson is decent, but he's not going to cut it in a super aggressive scheme.
After that, we have nothing!
You tell me who you can trust when we attack up front and they get past our line of attack?
Taylor Mays?
Old 09-23-2009   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Taylor Mays?
Buy!
Old 09-23-2009   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Cosign
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read