Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-14-2005   #41
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say the odds are slim and none that we take a WR with our first pick.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #42
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I'd say the odds are slim and none that we take a WR with our first pick.

Totally agree. I believe it will be a defensive player in round 1 (bpa).
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #43
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Everyone says he knows Palmer's offense and my retort to that is WHAT OFFENSE? What good is a receiver with no O-line. That sounds like the cart before the horse to me. Yes, I remain critical of the whole process, because without improvement in the O-line you can kiss the whole season good bye. I've seen nothing yet which tells me that problem is fixed. I just don't believe the offseason with no pickups will somehow yield an O-line. I would hope the focus would be on that as the 1st priority. Yes, AJ caught as many passes for us as he did in the ProBowl, but I would say if there is a portion of this team where we have depth is at the receiver positions, but not at TE. BJ might come through, but only the good lord knows the answer to that one. Sounds to me like everyone is fishing including Vinny. Don't get me wrong he wants the best for the ball club, but I'm not certain even management knows what's best for this ball club.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Yes, I remain critical of the whole process, because without improvement in the O-line you can kiss the whole season good bye. I've seen nothing yet which tells me that problem is fixed.
Wow, you mean before the start of free agency and before the draft the Texans haven't done anything to address fixing the OL? Shocking--fire them all.
Old 02-15-2005   #45
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

KJ was Cleveland's most productive receiver his first 4 years. He had an attitude problem that got him chased out.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #46
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Of all the teams in the league to look at for a #2 receiver, you guys choose the Ravens. lol
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #47
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I don't like the idea of him becominga Texan as stated before he is pretty overated... i could probably haul in 40-60 catches which i guess is okay but not for a number 2 guy....
Old 02-15-2005   #48
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
KJ was Cleveland's most productive receiver his first 4 years. He had an attitude problem that got him chased out.
An attitude problem per Butch Davis who said KJ wasn't willing to put in the work he felt was neccesary to become a better receiver. Maybe you take that with a grain of salt because KJ wasn't one of Butch's guys and other forces may have been at work. But when you add in his less than stellar season last year and his inability to hold down the #2 slot at Baltimore (which he should have easily done if he was the sh*t that he thinks he is), plus his request to give up whatever $$$ to play for a winner and you start to wonder what's going on between the ears. First it was Butch accusing him of work ethic issues, now he's in a system that doesn't suit him for whatever reason. His next team will be his 4th in 3 years and the common denominator all along has been KJ. Maybe it hasn't hit him yet that he's never going to be the man again like he was at Cleveland for two or three seasons.

Last edited by aj.; 02-15-2005 at 12:06 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns fans are discussing a possible return of KJ if any of you are interested. The new Browns GM, Phil Savage was the guy to bring KJ into the Ravens organization so the rumors are hopping in Cleveland. This is probably a more likely scenario...at least a more likely rumor than to Houston.

Old 02-15-2005   #50
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this is another instance of "Just say No". To much risk and not enough upside.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #51
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
This may come as a shock to you but I watch quite a bit of football.
haha sorry just had to say that was funny, wow vinny ya have a lil since of humor, very impressive
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I'm pretty sarcastic and dry by nature...and it doesn't come across well on message boards. I'm working on it.

Old 02-15-2005   #53
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

How are you going to critize a guy for not being productive in the Raven's passing game? I mean I didn't even know they had a passing game. Thats like critizing a RB for not being productive in Texas Tech's running game.

I think this guy could do the job.....I mean his numbers have gone done, but for good reasons. He is not a big name WR, and we probably won't bring in a big name WR into this offense anyway. He's been in this offense before, and been productive in it, and that was with Tim Couch throwing him the ball. Where is he now?

Can't take a WR with the #1? I think its a good possibilty. I mean, heck wouldn't you love to see Mike Williams and AJ on two sides of the feild? Yeah Mike Williams doesn't have the speed, but AJ can make up for what Mike doesn't have. Mike is a big target to be used in Red Zone and short yardage plays, and wouldn't you love to see him run that play were the WR just turns at the snap without going anywhere and catching the ball and running because the corner is off of him? I bet he would run over some CBs easily.

If you don't like the OLine as it is now.......well thats to bad because thats the way it will be next year. The only "improving" it will be doing is another NFL offseason under its belt and another year in the system.
Old 02-16-2005   #54
Andre Carr
Rookie

I've never been impressed by the guy myself .
Old 02-17-2005   #55
M@DD Mike
Rookie

Kevin Johnson sucks. He should play for Dallas
M@DD Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #56
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

There is always David Patten, or Joey Galloway.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #57
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

David Givens or TJ Houshmanzadeh are much better options than Kevin Johnson
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005   #58
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

we all remember the last ravens reciever we got J. Lewis,,,so no i dont want him.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #59
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

I think alot of you are under-estimating him. He could come here and be a good #2 for us, ofcourse, I'd pick TJ and Givens over him.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read