Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2009   #1
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Isolated review of Texans vs. Tacks

First half:

There is quite a bit to feel positive about offensively but I'm siding with Kubiak at this point in my review. There's alot to get fixed. Right now I'm seeing 1 or 2 mistakes every few plays that are crippling. When all 11 are in sync the scheme seems pretty good.

In the first quarter the running game is sluggish but it's clear that it is in large part to how physically strong the tacks front 7 is. The breakdowns in the run game seem to come mostly from LB penetration and from the edge where the TE's are doing their best but clearly are physically at a disadvantage on the DE's. The linemen as a whole seem to be doing a decent job but just can't blow anybody off the ball.

D. Brown is a monster. Kyle "pink eye" Vanden Douche is completely manhandled consistently in pass pro. The tacks are tough against the run but I only see Brown taken away once in the first quarter. He plays very well.

Pitts looks decent in both run and pass pro. Again, we see the linemen struggling but hanging tough. Technically and assignment-wise he appears to be playing soundly.

Studdard after Pitts goes out he actually looks very good on the first play. Shanny calls the run to his side and he blows his guy up. Suddenly we look pretty good in the run game and you're thinking "hey, maybe he is playing 'like a starter'". But , then he totally gets destroyed the next play and you settle back into knowing that he isn't talented physically and technically he's sloppy which pretty much makes him a shitty football player with "lots of heart".

Meyers see Pitts above.

Briesel again, fairly sound just not dominant.

Winston One clearly illegal cut block while Biscuit was engaged with his guy. Winston still looks aggressive and fairly sound against the run but my god he sucks in pass protection! he looses his angle at the back of the pocket consistently right where Schaub is setting up to throw. He's able to manage just enough to get the play off but to say that Schaub is getting enough time to go wherever he wants with the ball would not be a fair assessment and clearly to me, Winston is to blame.

Leach solid on run blocks, same story as above. Solid but physically not able to blow his guys off the ball. The tacks are very stout to say the least.

Slaton is not playing well. Yes, the stout front 7 is making this difficult but he is not showing signs of good vision or burst. He seems somewhat tunnel visioned. (mind you I'm looking for exceptional vision from him because he performed so well last season). He misses a few cut back lanes or on the opposite, cut's back when he shouldn't. Seems to be performing decently in his protection assignments.

Overall the run game is functioning. It's itty bitty gains but it's working. 2nd and 7's, 2nd and 8's etc. Keeping it manageable against a clearly very tough run defense.

Schaub Showing great vision, accurate and reading the defense very comfortably. I'd love to see him step up into the pocket at times. Winston's inability to keep the back of the pocket open really forces Schaub's hand repeatedly. Fortunately, he responds well and makes the plays but there are a few times that if he would have stepped up he could have bought more time.

(I don't think this offense spends much time working on "buying time". I think it is designed very much to work on a rhythm and that is why it works in chunks so often.)

A. Johnson There's really no need to evaluate him. He dropped two. Everything else he did was amazing. He caught a ball along the sideline with two guys in front of him and stretched for 4 more yards as he was falling. It's the little things on top of the amazing things that make him the best. He made an "okay" catch in the endzone too.

J. Jones / Martinez blocked down a few times well. As always it's very hard to critique the WR's in their routes because of how the TV coverage is. Jones wiff's on a catch and then mostly makes a very good catch for a TD on the next play. not much else to report. I would say that Martinez looks very comfortable out there.

defense up next...
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #2
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Isolated review of Texans vs. Tacks

Defense 1st half:

It's very frustrating to watch the defense because they are very good about 1/3 of the time, very bad 1/3 of the time and the other 1/3 is really the key to this defense getting better or sucking.

It's the 3rd 1/3 (if you will). In this 1/3, you'll find no less than 8-10 guys doing their jobs on any given play. And doing those jobs quite well I might add. But it's these 1-3 guys
that are completely ****ing it up for everybody else.

When they are very bad it's usually because they are fast. They over persue or they get physically locked out because they are smaller faster guys who can't get off a block. (This is consistent throughout the entire defense. DL, LB's [less so] and CB's.)

When they are very good they are explosive and sound in their gaps and tackling, tight in their coverage etc..

When we give up a 15 yard screen or a 8 yard run or a 57-yard run, a 69-yard pass play and a 91-yard run it's because 1-3 guys just stunk it up.

A. Smith average at best. Better in getting penetration on passing plays but man handled at times on run plays. Seemed better in the first Qtr. Often times the tacks pocket has two DE's really applying decent pressure and two DT's really just standing there, unable to shed their blocks and not really causing any pocket pressure.

A. Okoye thinks he played decent according to one article I read. Look, I'm actually very slow to criticize because I am going to assume I don't understand enough about the X's and O's to get what a player is being "asked to do". But unless Amobi Okoye is being asked to just absolutely get thrown around like a rag doll and stand pat and not be a factor in either the run game or the passing game WHATSOEVER!!!!... then I think he's really, really bad. I mean, he was not even a factor AT ALL on (from what I could see) more than 2 plays the entire 1st half. He's quick of the snap but that's all he does. I know DT's are often times designed to just kind of take up linemen so the LB's can make the plays but seriously, he's pushed right out of the play regardless if it's run or pass.

Zgonina Looks kind of explosive actually... I didn't believe it but sometimes he looks okay. Didn't really see him getting amobied out of the play. (which I would see last year). He seems stronger at the point of attack than I remember.

Okam Seems the most improved. Decent penetration at times, not too terribly amobied very often. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he looked good but he looked less bad consistently.

DelJuan Robinson well, I saw him completely implode 1 run play and continue to look like our best DT the rest of the time so I guess we should just continue to sit him. I'm officially baffled...

Williams He's the only guy who can shed a block on the entire DLine exept for #66 and aparently we hate him and don't want him in the game so this is pretty much all we've got. Damn he looks good. His bull rush is awesome, he's smart about when to disengage and stunt. He's all alone out there, just continually making plays on both the run and the pass. Sick. just sick.

Barwin well, it aint preseason any more. He struggles to get off his block and his moves are lousy but he's really fast.. give him time. give him time. Bush has him dropping into coverage at times in a zone and it has to add to the confusion somewhat because Collins throws his pick in this scenario.

Bulman fairly decent spin move and good strength and motor. If he can rub off on Barwin this could be helpful. Not much to report other than he's harded to block than most of our DLinemen.

Diles Thsi guy knows how to tackle. He's a player. I didn't see him making alot of the tackles but he's very effective and smart at reading the play and being in the right place. I'm not seeing him as 1 of the 1-3 guys screwing up. He's very solid.

Ryans isn't as dominant but still sound. VS C. Johnson he looks slow but he's a hell of a tackler. If he makes 1 more tackle we don't give them a chance to kick the FG at the half. CJ is fast, fast.

Cushing get's held blows up run plays, tackles well, reads screens well, plays fast and smart. These 3 guys are going to really be the keys for us.

much like the WR's it hard to watch the CB's until the ball is on them or against the run because of the TV coverage.

Bennett is a lousy tackler and sloppy. I'm running on empty with him.

Dunta is a lousy tackler and sloppy. But earns respect because they don't seem to throw at him much. I sure would like to see him taking better angles on his tackling.

McCain has a hard time shedding blocks but I don't see him having any issues against the pass that I can recall.

Quin breaks Britt in half at one point. It's hard to rate these guys cuz the tacks receivers drop balls or are out of bounds or the QB misses them.

Wilson so glad to have him back. He plays the run and pass fairly well and seems mostly in position.

Barber is not seen again after failing to cover Johnson. Busing replaces him and seems comfortable against the run and even makes plays on the ball.
Old 09-21-2009   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i must've missed something... how long's eric winston been known as biscuit?/
Old 09-21-2009   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

Studdard after Pitts goes out he actually looks very good on the first play. Shanny calls the run to his side and he blows his guy up. Suddenly we look pretty good in the run game and you're thinking "hey, maybe he is playing 'like a starter'". But , then he totally gets destroyed the next play and you settle back into knowing that he isn't talented physically and technically he's sloppy which pretty much makes him a shitty football player with "lots of heart".

You could make the case that the center of our O-line gets "amobi-ed" also....
Old 09-21-2009   #5
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i must've missed something... how long's eric winston been known as biscuit?/

Biscuit is Mike Brisiel. Sorry.
Old 09-21-2009   #6
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post

You could make the case that the center of our O-line gets "amobi-ed" also....
Thus far, I'm actually surprised by how he plays in this game. He seems to be much stronger at the point of attack than last week. It's hard to make out sometimes but he's not going backwards like he was last week and at times in the past.
Old 09-21-2009   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice player review!

Okoye looks thick and strong, I'm at a loss as to why he gets moved so easily. I also thought ASmith had a pretty good game but I only watched it once.

Winston seems to be exposed a bit in Pass pro occasionally, I noticed that a few times. Would a move to guard suit his game a little better?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2009   #8
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Nice player review!

Okoye looks thick and strong, I'm at a loss as to why he gets moved so easily. I also thought ASmith had a pretty good game but I only watched it once.

Winston seems to be exposed a bit in Pass pro occasionally, I noticed that a few times. Would a move to guard suit his game a little better?
It depends on who you ask. Some would say yes. Others feel that he's too tall for guard. I sure would love to get to at least see how it would look.
Old 09-21-2009   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, I used Vanden Douche in another thread just to be clear I didn't copy you, I came up with that yesterday, hadn't heard it said before not saying you didn't come up with it either, it's a not a big leap

Martinez is playing like a freaking stud on special teams.
Old 09-21-2009   #10
barrett
Hall of Fame

I heard some guy say it on the post game show. I added "pink eye". I have always called the deuchester that.

I couldn't care less who came up with it though. You can have it. It's awesome!

I loved watching Brown repeatedly drive Vanden Deuche into the ground!

Martinez is blocking down at the line on run plays well too. We've got some pretty tough receivers. And our best run blocking WR should be back next week!

I expect our run game to improve with Walter's return and the drop off in competition.
Old 09-21-2009   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I heard some guy say it on the post game show. I added "pink eye". I have always called the deuchester that.

I couldn't care less who came up with it though. You can have it. It's awesome!

I loved watching Brown repeatedly drive Vanden Deuche into the ground!

Martinez is blocking down at the line on run plays well too. We've got some pretty tough receivers. And our best run blocking WR should be back next week!

I expect our run game to improve with Walter's return and the drop off in competition.
I wasn't trying to get it, I just didn't want anyone that repped me for it thinking I was copying it, I would give credit where it was due. Vanden ***** also works well.
Old 09-21-2009   #12
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
First half:

There is quite a bit to feel positive about offensively but I'm siding with Kubiak at this point in my review. There's alot to get fixed. Right now I'm seeing 1 or 2 mistakes every few plays that are crippling. When all 11 are in sync the scheme seems pretty good.

In the first quarter the running game is sluggish but it's clear that it is in large part to how physically strong the tacks front 7 is. The breakdowns in the run game seem to come mostly from LB penetration and from the edge where the TE's are doing their best but clearly are physically at a disadvantage on the DE's. The linemen as a whole seem to be doing a decent job but just can't blow anybody off the ball.

D. Brown is a monster. Kyle "pink eye" Vanden Douche is completely manhandled consistently in pass pro. The tacks are tough against the run but I only see Brown taken away once in the first quarter. He plays very well.

Pitts looks decent in both run and pass pro. Again, we see the linemen struggling but hanging tough. Technically and assignment-wise he appears to be playing soundly.

Meyers see Pitts above.

Briesel again, fairly sound just not dominant.

Winston One clearly illegal cut block while Biscuit was engaged with his guy. Winston still looks aggressive and fairly sound against the run but my god he sucks in pass protection! he looses his angle at the back of the pocket consistently right where Schaub is setting up to throw. He's able to manage just enough to get the play off but to say that Schaub is getting enough time to go wherever he wants with the ball would not be a fair assessment and clearly to me, Winston is to blame.

Leach solid on run blocks, same story as above. Solid but physically not able to blow his guys off the ball. The tacks are very stout to say the least.

Slaton is not playing well. Yes, the stout front 7 is making this difficult but he is not showing signs of good vision or burst. He seems somewhat tunnel visioned. (mind you I'm looking for exceptional vision from him because he performed so well last season). He misses a few cut back lanes or on the opposite, cut's back when he shouldn't. Seems to be performing decently in his protection assignments.
Overall the run game is functioning. It's itty bitty gains but it's working. 2nd and 7's, 2nd and 8's etc. Keeping it manageable against a clearly very tough run defense.

Schaub Showing great vision, accurate and reading the defense very comfortably. I'd love to see him step up into the pocket at times. Winston's inability to keep the back of the pocket open really forces Schaub's hand repeatedly. Fortunately, he responds well and makes the plays but there are a few times that if he would have stepped up he could have bought more time.

(I don't think this offense spends much time working on "buying time". I think it is designed very much to work on a rhythm and that is why it works in chunks so often.)

A. Johnson There's really no need to evaluate him. He dropped two. Everything else he did was amazing. He caught a ball along the sideline with two guys in front of him and stretched for 4 more yards as he was falling. It's the little things on top of the amazing things that make him the best. He made an "okay" catch in the endzone too.

J. Jones / Martinez blocked down a few times well. As always it's very hard to critique the WR's in their routes because of how the TV coverage is. Jones wiff's on a catch and then mostly makes a very good catch for a TD on the next play. not much else to report. I would say that Martinez looks very comfortable out there.

defense up next...
I thought I was the only one who noticed that Slaton missed several cut back lanes. I'm glad you pointed that out. It's almost like he has lost his vision. On several plays he might have gotten really good yardage had he made the cut back. Instead he blindly follows his blockers into a dead end.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #13
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Great read. If I knew how to give a rep, I'd give you one.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #14
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Isolated review? dont you mean objective...oh dang grammar nazi

anyways ....how could you not talk about the offense and not mention "Open" Daniels (trademark STS..meaning I came up with that one). OD was a beast...making play after play getting big first down after big first down. That catch when he took that big hit...the touch down that tied the game..... I guess OD gets overlooked here too.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Defense 1st half:
Both posts were great. Very good read.

I've only watched the game at full speed so far. I've rewound and watched a couple of plays, but not many. I know we've got work to do, I'm not denying that. But your defense post was soooo negative, I don't understand.

Like I said, I only watched the game in real speed, and one time through. But I recall our defense played most of the first half in their backfield.

I don't know if I'm just remembering what I want. But I thought the first half went much better than your post suggest.

Giving up big goofy plays & all, I was happy, impressed with what we did in the first half.
Old 09-21-2009   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Great read. If I knew how to give a rep, I'd give you one.
Just click on this symbol beneath his name to the left of his post and you can give rep.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #17
barrett
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Isolated review? dont you mean objective...oh dang grammar nazi

anyways ....how could you not talk about the offense and not mention "Open" Daniels (trademark STS..meaning I came up with that one). OD was a beast...making play after play getting big first down after big first down. That catch when he took that big hit...the touch down that tied the game..... I guess OD gets overlooked here too.
I actually did mean isolated. The purpose of the post is more specific analysis of each individual player and less about the team or unit as a whole. I watched each player by them self and try to gain an understanding of their performance overall. I hope I am being objective though so I'll take that as an accidental compliment!

You know, I had written an entire section on both Dreesen and Daniels and somehow I deleted it. Sorry about that. The main thing that I saw with both of them was that they really struggled with blocking. They are both above average blockers so it really stood out to me. The guys they are going up against just collapse into the running lanes and make the options slim to none. Again, there is a theme here. The tacks are very stout against the run.

Thanks for pointing out that I missed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Both posts were great. Very good read.

I've only watched the game at full speed so far. I've rewound and watched a couple of plays, but not many. I know we've got work to do, I'm not denying that. But your defense post was soooo negative, I don't understand.

Like I said, I only watched the game in real speed, and one time through. But I recall our defense played most of the first half in their backfield.

I don't know if I'm just remembering what I want. But I thought the first half went much better than your post suggest.

Giving up big goofy plays & all, I was happy, impressed with what we did in the first half.
Thanks for the compliment. I think what I am seeing is the DLine playing fairly well against the run and the LB's really playing great. (which I hope I conveyed.) But the secondary was tackling poorly consistently. I think the outstanding LB play kept the secondary from having to make the plays.

It's important to mention again that I feel like the front 7's run defense was very good. All the things that we saw in the preseason seem less of an issue because of the LB play. (That could be removing Adibi from the lineup, sliding Diles over and plugging in Cushing.) But I also mention that Okam (who looked terrible in preseason) has improved.

Furthermore it's very hard to judge the CB's in their coverage because of the TV coverage and the Titans less than consistent performance. So I'm going on what is viewable.

I was not as impressed with the pass rush as a whole. Furthermore, we did give up 24 points which I'm not excluding from the individual evaluations.
Old 09-22-2009   #18
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't want to start another thread, so I'll throw a David Gibbs opinion in here.

Watching the game again this morning, and in the Chris Johnson play when he was uncovered, you can see Gibbs notice Johnson trot out wide, and then notice no one covering him. He motions to Barber to get his attention (as does Kubiak), but Barber seems concerned with the right side TE.

Not really important, but he did notice and try to convey it to the players on the field.
Old 09-22-2009   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Toro- it must have been a fake because i think i seen toro look like a buffalo instead of a Bull ????? getting punched by that dumb racoon
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak
Don't want to start another thread, so I'll throw a David Gibbs opinion in here.

Watching the game again this morning, and in the Chris Johnson play when he was uncovered, you can see Gibbs notice Johnson trot out wide, and then notice no one covering him. He motions to Barber to get his attention (as does Kubiak), but Barber seems concerned with the right side TE.

Not really important, but he did notice and try to convey it to the players on the field.
I think it IS important. A time out should have been called at the least, if they noticed as you said. There was a very high chance (barring a dropped pass, penalty, QB not seeing him) that the play would result in a touchdown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read