Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2009   #1
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2 of the top 5

Catches of the week.

#3 for Jacoby and #1 for AJ.
Old 09-21-2009   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2 of the top 5

Wow. Number 4 was a nice throw. I think number 2 was even more ridiclous than #1
Old 09-21-2009   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Catches of the week.

#3 for Jacoby and #1 for AJ.
Pointed out here....

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=17

Old 09-21-2009   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Wow. Number 4 was a nice throw. I think number 2 was even more ridiclous than #1
Not really. It just fell on top of him. Andre reached for that incomplete pass and turned it into a TD.
Old 09-21-2009   #5
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Man that catch AJ had was just awesome. That was a real game changer too, things weren't looking so good until then.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #6
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Big time grab by Jacoby over a pretty good corner.

I'm curious though, how does this game effect his position on the depth chart? I still like Walter as a #2 but there has to be a way to get Jacoby on the field more at WR.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post

I'm curious though, how does this game effect his position on the depth chart? I still like Walter as a #2 but there has to be a way to get Jacoby on the field more at WR.
After today, I think he could have a good time playing deep slot WR after Walter returns, with Anderson playing short slot routes.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2009   #8
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know Davis Anderson's catch wasn't up there, but man he wasn't letting that one get passed him. And Joel's catch on the 4th down conversion impressed me as well. OD looked sharp pulling in the ball too. I'll give an A to all of our receivers.
Old 09-21-2009   #9
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

JJ hit a couple of homerun balls, but his problem when Walter comes back is that teams will be looking for the deep pass when he's in the game. He made two catches--the TD was a good play by him, no doubt, but the second was a gimme where he was left uncovered 25 yards downfield. You can't count on a defense doing that very often (unless it's ours--but I digress).

To stay on the field, JJ needs to show that he can be a complete WR. Blocking, good route-running (he ran a very good route on the ball he dropped) and making plays over the middle with a safety looming over him. If all he can do well is go deep, then his mere presence on the field is going to telegraph what he does during the play.

He's got the physical gifts and then some; the rest is a question of whether he wants to do what it takes.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #10
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I know Davis Anderson's catch wasn't up there, but man he wasn't letting that one get passed him. And Joel's catch on the 4th down conversion impressed me as well. OD looked sharp pulling in the ball too. I'll give an A to all of our receivers.
Schaub was putting the ball right on the money the entire day. A few errant throws here and there but man, he was on yesterday. And let's face it, he had to be, otherwise we would have lost thanks to our napping defense.
Old 09-21-2009   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I think he's an asshat, the throw by Rivers is pretty sweet. Whether he meant to do it or not, who knows, but dropping it in over 3 DB's is impressive.

Back on topic, AJ's a freakin beast. Nuff said.
Old 09-21-2009   #12
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
JJ hit a couple of homerun balls, but his problem when Walter comes back is that teams will be looking for the deep pass when he's in the game.
And that's bad how?
Old 09-21-2009   #13
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
As much as I think he's an asshat, the throw by Rivers is pretty sweet. Whether he meant to do it or not, who knows, but dropping it in over 3 DB's is impressive.

Back on topic, AJ's a freakin beast. Nuff said.
What's really funny is that my friend benched Rivers for Mark Sanchez in our fantasy league. I love it when people set their lineups based on ESPN's projections!
Old 09-21-2009   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton could have made it three in there if he would have pulled that one in the end zone in. The ball was were it had to be.
Old 09-21-2009   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's really funny is that my friend benched Rivers for Mark Sanchez in our fantasy league. I love it when people set their lineups based on ESPN's projections!
Wow, Rivers should be a lock, no matter who the opponent is that week.

I was unfortunate enough to go against a team that had Schaub, Chris Johnson and Gore. Those 3 would've beat me without having OD and a few others sprinkled in.
Old 09-21-2009   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

#5 was more about the throw than the catch. #4 was lame, #3 still gets me going, #2 that guy did about all he could to screw up a perfect throw in the endzone and turns it into a highlight freak catch. #1 said it all "Andre the Amazing"

That ball to Slaton WAS perfect. Slaton's a compact 5'10'' with short arms guy so I can't blame him for not extending like a lanky, 6'3'' Andre can.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

When they played JJs catch before AJs I started getting a little po'd!! I thought NO WAY was JJs catch better than AJs. I didn't think they would give 2 out of the five to the Texans! I was wrong!!! #1 went to the the best WR in the NFL!! AWESOME!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the NFL Network will stop playing that damn catch by Reggie Wayne now.
Old 09-21-2009   #19
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Maybe the NFL Network will stop playing that damn catch by Reggie Wayne now.
Fat chance.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read