Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cushing making progress!

Wow, it's nice to have a first round pick come in and make a difference so quickly. Despite missing most of the preseason he looked good in game #1, but today he was all over the field blowing up Titans' screens and runs.

I'm really liking what I see from him so far. How about everyone else?

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cushing making progress!

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i was impressed with several plays of his. let's just hope he can stay healthy...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering that he missed the entire preseason and this is only his second game, I can completely forgive his overrunning a couple of tackles, and the bad technique covering the tight end on one play.

He's going to be a stud. I loved his speed.

Actually, I very excited by the entire linebacker corp. Zac Diles is playing great for a 7th round pick.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
He is very fast for a SLB. In fact he seems to be faster than our WLB. That's very unusual.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
Wow, it's nice to have a first round pick come in and make a difference so quickly. Despite missing most of the preseason he looked good in game #1, but today he was all over the field blowing up Titans' screens and runs.

I'm really liking what I see from him so far. How about everyone else?
After watching the game a second time, he looked better and better with each play. And the kid has a onery streak that I really like. When he tackles, like Lombardi said, "he arrives in an angry mood".
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Considering that he missed the entire preseason and this is only his second game, I can completely forgive his overrunning a couple of tackles, and the bad technique covering the tight end on one play.

Actually, I very excited by the entire linebacker corp. Zac Diles is playing great for a 7th round pick.
LOL. I typed the same thing in another thread.

If we can get a big run stuffer or two in the middle of the line...that LB unit will be one of the best in the league, IMO.
Old 09-20-2009   #8
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I have to say I didn't like the pick early on, and then he got hurt I was even more doubtful of the pick. If he continues to improve on his play today I will like this pick.

Good things from him today and Demeco.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #9
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Cushing has looked promising especially when you consider its only his 2nd game in the league but the defense gave up too many big plays and he was partly to blame for some of those plays.

Thankfully, the football gods smiled upon us and fortune fell in our favor. That fair catch ruling (correctly ruling btw) then Collins getting stripped of the football by an invisible defender....it was just too much.

I can't wait till the Titans have to come to Reliant. That is going to be a grudge match for both teams. Finnegan needs to be taken down a peg. I see a crackback block in his future...just sayin.

Cushing let his play on the field do the talking and I liked how he pulled a veteran Antonio Smith away from a possible unsportsmanlike conduct call. He wasn't afraid to pull the veteran and tell him to shut the hell up. That showed me more than just about anything I saw on the field athletically. Smith was a split second away from a 15 yard penalty and Cushing yanks him back to the huddle..priceless.
Old 09-21-2009   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

"I love this kind of environment," Cushing said. "I love getting booed. I actually like getting booed better than being at home and being cheered. It just makes you feel like you need to stick together as a unit. I think the team gets closer. You have to fight and you have your backs against each other."

That is great to hear, we need some more road warriors.

Old 09-21-2009   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking about the booing when Tenn fans started booing. I was thinking either they are booing us or the titans and either way it's good and I am sure The Texans are glad to hear those boos vs. the ones they heard last week.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #12
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
After watching the game a second time, he looked better and better with each play. And the kid has a onery streak that I really like. When he tackles, like Lombardi said, "he arrives in an angry mood".
One play reminds me of your quote. Johnson took a hand-off and was weaving through some traffic in the backfield. Cushing came around the right side from nowhere like he was shot out of a cannon. He nailed Johnson and stopped another __ yard run.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Just flipping through highlights the past 2 weeks... I'm thinking Cushing will get ROTY consideration here soon if he keeps this up
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #14
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Just flipping through highlights the past 2 weeks... I'm thinking Cushing will get ROTY consideration here soon if he keeps this up
Quite possibly. He's just 4 tackles behind Laurinaitis in rookie tackles.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #15
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

You know outside of three or four plays our defense played pretty well. Unfortunately, those three or four went for huge plays. I really like the more aggressive nature of this defense, but you still have to stay disciplined in your gaps.

Cushing really impressed me, his ability to dip his inside shoulder and get around blockers was something that I hadn't seen of him on the college level.

Very impressive.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #16
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Dude is greatness.

Old 09-21-2009   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 122393 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i really like the way cushing's played these first two games. he's out there as 260lbs of bad intentions and it's about time we got such an angry man on defense. if cushing stays on the field he's going to be an absolute monster for many years.
Old 09-21-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

He took a few bad angles to the ball at times but he's never gonna miss a tackle and he hits hard. The turnovers will come soon enough for him.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #19
Ckw

Yeah, the guy is legit. Even the announcers were commenting on just how much speed we have a LB now. Demeco can move, Diles is pretty quick, and Cush is like a cannon. I'm lovin' the pick.
Old 09-21-2009   #20
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

BC is a welcomed addition, for sure. His intensity and effort is something that we haven't exactly had the luxury of experiencing before......along with DeMeco, hopefully this can become contagious. Peer pressure rules.

Last edited by texansdrummer; 09-21-2009 at 04:14 AM.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read