Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Win and we are loving it

Say what you will about my Texans but I tell you this Team fought hard to come from behind and Beat the Teetons. You had to be there to really see it but it is a total turn around from week one and I will Squash you naysayers.

Jacoby miffed a ball but the Rules saved him. He has got to do some drills on pressure catching.

Matt was superb

I hope the best for Chester but his replacement Played better IMO

Please Discuss and give me what your thoughts are.
Old 09-20-2009   #2
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Win and we are loving it

You have an incredible talent at WR. Period. He pwned the Titans again.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have enough kool aid to say all is well yet. Not being a naysayer, but we had 2 really stupid assed lapses on D that gave up 14 points. Especially the one where NO ONE covered C. Johnson on the pass.

I will say that I am happy with where we are right now. 1-1 after the 1st two games is where I expected us and I saw that the Jets won against NE today. Not excusing the crapfest last week, but maybe they warrant some credit.

Right now, I think that if we win at home the next 2 games against JAX and OAK and come out 3-1 we are right where I wanted us to be.

Really happy to see that the team came balls out today and hit the toothless wonders from possum squallor in the dang mouth!!

HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Studdard will be next years starting LG. Makes too much sense cap-wise, he's way cheap and we have other free agents to pay. I'm comfortable with this kid in there going forward and I think he'll be in for atleast a few weeks, Chester's thing did not look good at all.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Generally agree JT, but gotta disagree on Pitts. But I guess for some reason folks in Houston will always want him gone. Studdard is hanging onto the league by the skin of his teeth. Pitts is a starter on virtually any team in the league.
Old 09-20-2009   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL network guy said it better. "Anybody who tells you he knows what to expect from the Texans week to week is lying. They are the most inconsistent team I have ever seen."

Last week against the Jets we score 0 offensive points, and this week we put up 350+ passing yards on the Titans?

I was expecting us to be 1-1 at this point in the season a few months ago, and while not the way I was expecting it, we're still in this one
Old 09-20-2009   #7
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The NFL network guy said it better. "Anybody who tells you he knows what to expect from the Texans week to week is lying. They are the most inconsistent team I have ever seen."

Last week against the Jets we score 0 offensive points, and this week we put up 350+ passing yards on the Titans?

I was expecting us to be 1-1 at this point in the season a few months ago, and while not the way I was expecting it, we're still in this one
Actually, they are very consistent. They lose three out of four... and then they win three out of four. Then they lose three out of four... and then they win three out of four.

I think we're in the middle of a winning three out of four.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2009   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for reppin' us proud up there JT! Y'all looked great
Old 09-20-2009   #9
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I don't have enough kool aid to say all is well yet. Not being a naysayer, but we had 2 really stupid assed lapses on D that gave up 14 points. Especially the one where NO ONE covered C. Johnson on the pass.

I will say that I am happy with where we are right now. 1-1 after the 1st two games is where I expected us and I saw that the Jets won against NE today. Not excusing the crapfest last week, but maybe they warrant some credit.

Right now, I think that if we win at home the next 2 games against JAX and OAK and come out 3-1 we are right where I wanted us to be.

Really happy to see that the team came balls out today and hit the toothless wonders from possum squallor in the dang mouth!!

I went and watched that play again. Seems that Barber walked
ALL THE WAY to the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped,
not even LOOKING at the sideline, leaving Johnson WIDE ASSED OPEN.
He was benched for the rest of the game. Good to see that the
coaches stopped pulling Cushing for Adibi on 3rd downs. The kid
has "All-Pro" in his future.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I went and watched that play again. Seems that Barber walked
ALL THE WAY to the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped,
not even LOOKING at the sideline, leaving Johnson WIDE ASSED OPEN.
He was benched for the rest of the game. Good to see that the
coaches stopped pulling Cushing for Adibi on 3rd downs. The kid
has "All-Pro" in his future.
Good post. Rep your way.

Wasn't watching close enough to see that Barber was done for the day after that. Thanks for pointing that out. And that's what should have been done.

In fact, Leach should have been benched in favor of Casey after Leach drew the 15-yarder for taunting. We were soooo lucky to have overcome that penalty. Kubiak should make Leach valet for Owen Daniels for the next week because OD got us out of that jam.

Cushing tackles with authority. It's not something that's learned. It's inside of him. In only his second game, after missing lots of pre-season time due to injury, I thought he was pretty solid (all things considered).
Old 09-20-2009   #11
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win in Tennessee, Cowgirls lose in Dallas, and the Jets beat the Pats so our loss doesn't look so bad, what a great day to be a Texans fan!!!!
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
Texans win in Tennessee, Cowgirls lose in Dallas, and the Jets beat the Pats so our loss doesn't look so bad, what a great day to be a Texans fan!!!!
I want icing on my cake!!

GO DOLPHINS!!
Old 09-21-2009   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

does anyone realise the titans are @ the jets next week. could be 0-3
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #14
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2837 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Good post. Rep your way.

Cushing tackles with authority. It's not something that's learned. It's inside of him. In only his second game, after missing lots of pre-season time due to injury, I thought he was pretty solid (all things considered).
That point is huge. When he finally gets to game speed and makes up for the time missed, he could be dominating. I love his quickness and authority when he hits.
Old 09-21-2009   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10234 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
does anyone realise the titans are @ the jets next week. could be 0-3
Auch, I almost feel bad for the Titans... almost..

Screw it, I hope they go 0-16, suck on that Bud-hole
Old 09-21-2009   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post

Most teams in the NFL are somewhat inconsistent from week to week, it's just the Texans are more so. Hell, even the Pats can go 16-0 and lose to a wild card team in the super bowl. It's the nature of team sports.

I'm happy as hell for the win, but until the Texans put togeather a couple of winning seasons in a row, I'll be drinking beer, not kool-aid.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #17
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I don't drink beer or koolade. But is sure is much better on the boards this week without all the "end of the world in Texan football" posts.

It was a fantastic game to watch. They guys played well, showed a lot of fight and attitude and did not give up when trailing by 14.
Old 09-21-2009   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Most teams in the NFL are somewhat inconsistent from week to week, it's just the Texans are more so. Hell, even the Pats can go 16-0 and lose to a wild card team in the super bowl. It's the nature of team sports.

I'm happy as hell for the win, but until the Texans put togeather a couple of winning seasons in a row, I'll be drinking beer, not kool-aid.
but, you'd be drinking beer anyway
heh heh heh
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I want icing on my cake!!

GO DOLPHINS!!
Dont know which is worse .... A Dolts win or kastofsna's team winning and us having to hear about it.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Say what you will about my Texans but I tell you this Team fought hard to come from behind and Beat the Teetons. You had to be there to really see it but it is a total turn around from week one and I will Squash you naysayers.

Jacoby miffed a ball but the Rules saved him. He has got to do some drills on pressure catching.

Matt was superb

I hope the best for Chester but his replacement Played better IMO

Please Discuss and give me what your thoughts are.
Thanks for going and representing Texans fans on the road in Nashville! Maybe you or one of the others can give us more details about the gameday experience, etc later on?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read