Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Unsung Heros

Joel Dreessen - didn't make many catches but each one he did get were HUGE, on 3rd and 4th downs. This win doesn't happen without him

Zac Diles - he was all over the field and really proved his value to this team, he's always going to be under the radar but he was making plays out there on 1st and 2nd down

Duane Brown - hell of a job vs. KVB and whoever was thrown at him, he looks to be on a path to the pro bowl

Kasey Studdard - I think you're lookin at next years starting LG, might as well get him integrated with the group, though we couldn't run the ball most of the game he wasn't a weak link on the line like most backup guards would be

Matt Turk - punters get no love but this guy was punting some beauties out there, not giving the Titans any good field position all day
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Unsung Heros

Agree, nice post
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 213686 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I agree with everyone. I'll even take back what I said about Studdard in the preseason. He played well today, and I wouldn't be too opposed to seeing more of him on the field. Fingers crossed to see Chester start next week. I'm not a huge fan, but some traditions I don't care to end because of injuries.

I'd much rather he lose his job straight up..

I also want to throw in Owen Daniels. That guy is awesome. It's a shame we didn't get our passing game going last week with OD & AJ on the field...... I just can't get my mind around how we LET that happen.
Old 09-20-2009   #4
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

studdard was serviceable, sure. he got pushed around too and wasn't much of a factor in the running game - though, nobody really was.

and i'm a much bigger joel dressen fan today than i was yesterday. dude was clutch.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna throw this one out there. Jacoby Jones. I know he had his mistakes, but we don't win this game without that TD catch. He seems like he has a problem when he thinks about the game. Ever noticed when he's got 3 or 4 guys around him as a PR he plays markedly better? Same thing with that catch he missed... he had time to think about it. I don't know what it is but that TD catch was AWSOME.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
studdard was serviceable, sure. he got pushed around too and wasn't much of a factor in the running game - though, nobody really was.

and i'm a much bigger joel dressen fan today than i was yesterday. dude was clutch.
For coming off the bench cold to having to block the Titans interior line I thought he did pretty darn good. I like Kasey because he's always ready and was on the field in a heart beat as soon as he saw Chester down. This kid wants it and has the nastiness to play over what his God-given abilities are.
Old 09-20-2009   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Joel Dreessen - didn't make many catches but each one he did get were HUGE, on 3rd and 4th downs. This win doesn't happen without him

Zac Diles - he was all over the field and really proved his value to this team, he's always going to be under the radar but he was making plays out there on 1st and 2nd down

Duane Brown - hell of a job vs. KVB and whoever was thrown at him, he looks to be on a path to the pro bowl

Kasey Studdard - I think you're lookin at next years starting LG, might as well get him integrated with the group, though we couldn't run the ball most of the game he wasn't a weak link on the line like most backup guards would be

Matt Turk - punters get no love but this guy was punting some beauties out there, not giving the Titans any good field position all day
Don't forget about:

John Busing - The coaches pulled Barber after his mental mistake
gave Chris Johnson an uncovered pitch-and-catch touchdown. He was
NAILS in run support, and is a proven playmaker. I see him starting for
the rest of the season.
DexmanC is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2009   #8
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Maybe he was not unsung, but I though Cushing made a lot of good stops today.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #9
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Don't forget about:

the rest of the season.
Good call. I thought he took a poor angle on one or two big plays but clearly he and EW are the right safety combo to have out there.
Old 09-20-2009   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people might get upset and while I've bagged on him....a unsung hero that hasn't been mentioned yet..

Jacoby Jones - The guy played well enough to keep the Titans honest and not totally lock down on A.J. and he had two HUGE catches today that we don't win this game without. (granted the TD catch could've been overturned, but it wasn't, so in the books it's a TD catch).

The funny thing is, if it wasn't for a fair catch rule that I didn't know about, He would be my #1 dog house player LOL, but that has been the story with Jacoby during his career in Houston......boom or bust. Today he was a big boom (and almost a bust)

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-20-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio Smith - he got a lot of pressure on Collins when it mattered! sorry, Anthony Weaver fans... it is true.

Brian Cushing- I've never been so impressed by a LB corp that gives up 250 yards rushing!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #12
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Some people might get upset and while I've bagged on him....a unsung hero that hasn't been mentioned yet..

Jacoby Jones - The guy played well enough to keep the Titans honest and not totally lock down on A.J. and he had two HUGE catches today that we don't win this game without. (granted the TD catch could've been overturned, but it wasn't so in the books it's a TD catch).

The funny thing is, if it wasn't for a fair catch rule that I didn't know about, He would be my #1 dog house player LOL, but that has been the story with Jacoby during his career in Houston......boom or bust, today he was a big boom (and almost a bust)
I agree but the almost-f'd up fair catch took him off for me. Jacoby is the biggest game-changer in the NFL, and its not always for the best LOL.
Old 09-20-2009   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I agree but the almost-f'd up fair catch took him off for me. Jacoby is the biggest game-changer in the NFL, and its not always for the best LOL.
I didn't hold that against him, because he lucked out and it didn't hurt us......in the box score it was a penalty against Tenn that netted us another 15 yards. (doesn't mean I didn't take note of it and I also don't want him to ever field kicks, because of it) So I just judged him on the other things that he did to effect the game and threw that play out, since it was thrown out in the game.....under that, I had to put him in there.

P.S.

This is coming from one of the biggest Jacoby Jones critics out there...

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-20-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2009   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I've never been so impressed by a LB corp that gives up 250 yards rushing!
LOL, how true...
Old 09-20-2009   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

# 17 Glenn Martinez was making tackles all day on special teams .

Bentley and Casey popped one dude on a kickoff pretty good .
Old 09-20-2009   #16
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I didn't hold that against him, because he lucked out and it didn't hurt us......in the box score it was a penalty against Tenn that netted us another 15 yards. (doesn't mean I didn't take note of it and I also don't want him fielding kicks, because of it) So I just judged him on the other things that he did to effect the game and threw that play out, since it was thrown out in the game.....under that, I had to put him in there.

P.S.

This is coming from one of the biggest Jacoby Jones critics out there...
haha yeah I agree, and he exceeded expectations this game, I really didn't think he could replace Walter like that
Old 09-20-2009   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
# 17 Glenn Martinez was making tackles all day on special teams .

Bentley and Casey popped one dude on a kickoff pretty good .
I want to see Martinez and Molden (when he gets back up to speed) at the same time on ST. Those guys consistently stick out.
Old 09-20-2009   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

The receiving corp. They were down two big time receivers in Andre Davis and Kevin Walter and they made plays. DA on the first TD drive and Jacoby's play today was just great complementing the Ultimate Warrior Andre Johnson.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #19
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

I think Zgonina deserves honorable mention for recovering the Collins fumble, that literally won the game.
Old 09-21-2009   #20
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89797 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Don't forget about:

the rest of the season.
couldnt agree more, busing's been our best (or maybe ONLY) safety so far this season and has been a playmaker when he subs in. if he continues to improve busing's going to make a huge difference in the secondary. he easily needs to be the starter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read