Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Best play of the game
AJ's endzone TD catch 54 80.60%
Jacoby's bobbled punt 2 2.99%
Jacoby's challenged TD catch 6 8.96%
Dreesen 4th down reception 9 13.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2009   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best play of The Game

which play was the best play and/or gamechanger?
Old 09-20-2009   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best play of The Game

I will go with the obvious

aj's was the best play

collins fumble was gamechanger
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #3
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

the first kneel down.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #4
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know. Maybe the play where Dre is talking trash to Finnegan. Naw, maybe it was Winston getting after it with KVB. Or was it Vonta talking smack and getting flagged for it? Ooo, I know what the best play was. The play when Slaton was thrown out of bounds a little unnecessarily and the whole Texans sideline came to his defense. ATTITUDE baby! I absolutely loved seeing our Texans show some today.
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
I don't know. Maybe the play where Dre is talking trash to Finnegan. Naw, maybe it was winston getting after it KVB. Or was it Vonta talking smack and getting flagged for it? Ooo, I know what the best play was. The play when Slaton was thrown out of bounds a little unnecessarily and the whole Texans sideline came to his defense. ATTITUDE baby! I absolutely loved seeing our Texans show some today.
I can't agree with this. We've gotten so many flags for doing this it's ridiculous.

TJ picked up penalties for doing this, and "fans" would ostrocize him for it. Demeco got a penalty for this last week, got a penalty, and it was called stupid.

There was close to a dozen plays where Chris Johnson was stopped for a loss. one of those I think should be the play of the game. Telling Tennessee, that we ain't backing down. That we'll be as aggressive as we gotta be. Not letting them control the clock, and getting our offense on the field.
Old 09-20-2009   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre talking trash got me fired up
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Somebody should tell Cortland Burnedaginanaginagain not to rattle the big dog's cage.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2009   #8
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston telling Vanden Bosch "lets go right here, you and me, right now!"

That got me fired up.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #9
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

From hearing the game, seemed like Wilson's INT started the tide turning.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
From hearing the game, seemed like Wilson's INT started the tide turning.
I'm sorry you didn't watch the game, but Wilson didn't jump a route or anything. He was in the right place, at the right time. I need to look at the play again, but basically that was an INT caused by the DL. A 4 man rush at that.
Old 09-20-2009   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Dreesen's play.

Going for it on 4th was balls.

Throwing it to Dreesen as if he was THE only target from the beginning was extra balls.

I mean, it's Joel Dreesen. Nobody takes Dreesen during a FFL Draft. Nobody says "we have to gameplan and stop Dreesen on Sunday."

The guy made the catch of the game, IMO. And it was low and fast, btw.
Old 09-20-2009   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Somebody should tell Cortland Burnedaginanaginagain not to rattle the big dog's cage.

LOL...love it!!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz90 View Post

That got me fired up.
And Eric is HUGER than KVB.

I mean, the Caveman would probably smash old red eyes.

Standing there jawing at each other, you could see a very noticeable size difference.

I'm going to say right here and now that THAT was a huge turning point: Winston getting in his grill and STAYING in his grill. KVB has been prancing around for the past two seasons acting like he's the schoolyard bully and we're the nerds with lunch money for the taking.

AJ jawing at the Fake Irishman was awesome, too.

Leach, even though he got a dumb penalty for it, also got in someone's face and banged the facemask to let them know he was not going anywhere.

All in all, we saw some Texans players snap out of their stupor and act like men for once.
Old 09-20-2009   #14
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can't agree with this. We've gotten so many flags for doing this it's ridiculous.

TJ picked up penalties for doing this, and "fans" would ostrocize him for it. Demeco got a penalty for this last week, got a penalty, and it was called stupid.

There was close to a dozen plays where Chris Johnson was stopped for a loss. one of those I think should be the play of the game. Telling Tennessee, that we ain't backing down. That we'll be as aggressive as we gotta be. Not letting them control the clock, and getting our offense on the field.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz90 View Post

That got me fired up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And Eric is HUGER than KVB.

I mean, the Caveman would probably smash old red eyes.

Standing there jawing at each other, you could see a very noticeable size difference.

I'm going to say right here and now that THAT was a huge turning point: Winston getting in his grill and STAYING in his grill. KVB has been prancing around for the past two seasons acting like he's the schoolyard bully and we're the nerds with lunch money for the taking.

AJ jawing at the Fake Irishman was awesome, too.

Leach, even though he got a dumb penalty for it, also got in someone's face and banged the facemask to let them know he was not going anywhere.

All in all, we saw some Texans players snap out of their stupor and act like men for once.
Hmm, seems like more people agree with me TK. Agree with it or not, the Texans ATTITUDE was the deciding factor in their win today. They weren't taking any shit today and it showed in their play.
Texan JBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #15
CTWade
Quack Attack

Rep Power: 14 CTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden coverCTWade could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

That was my favorite part too. See Andre jawing at some little itty bitty corner amused me. It was like David and Goliath out there.
CTWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

The sideline fight.
then, Fisher losing his mind after the fair catch interference call
after that, AJ's two TDs
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-countd...-Top-5-catches

We made two of the top 5!

#3 was Jacoby's catch.

#1 was Andre's TD.

I'm going with Andre's catch.
Old 09-21-2009   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Fisher losing his mind after the fair catch interference call
that one ranks pretty high with my wife. She kept rewinding it to make sure I understood the gravity of his anger, & the futility of his rant.

Women.
Old 09-21-2009   #19
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The best play was Andre's td catch. That was the top play over at nfl.com. Now the biggest play was JJ's bobbled punt. We could have been down by 7 late instead of being tied. Big difference.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #20
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

5'10" 197lb David Anderson going heads up with 6'5" 280lb Jones on the sidelines gets my vote!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read